The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's going on with Elon Musk? Eccentric or going mad?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
With respect, your comment was ignorant as your links highlight.

A $20M economic development subsidy is peanuts for a rocket company. Receiving money from government contracts is business, not subsidy.

Why would you say my comment and the links were ignorant? That's pretty strong without explaining. Myabe it is, and maybe I am. Would you share your point of view?

I can explain mine.

Every government is same - extorts currency from whoever it can (usually the people that are 'convinced' without taxes there wouldn't be life on Earth - hmm....), doesn't produce anything, wastes resources and lives the life until it bankrupts (not going further here, but check... surprise EVERY GOVERNMENT THAT EXISTS OR EXISTED).

Government, as MJ explains in his book, is not some mythical creation, it's people. It's us.

So these 'government people' don't produce anything, extort currency/resources from whoever they can and spend it on whatever they can, without making decisions based on common sense or ROI (because it's not their resources).

If they produce something of value, it's mostly by accident. As they don't own their resources, and the business of 'governing', their business justification is to spend (Parkinson's law and other on bureaucracy).

So how did we get here, when we speak about Musk and e.g. SpaceX (or Tesla)?

According to the article I pasted:

"(Separate from incentives, SpaceX has won more than $5.5 billion in government contracts from NASA and the U.S. Air Force.)"

$5.5 billion from the government is ... peanuts?

Yes, it's business, but business based on extortion, and everything I mentioned above.

Would you be so kind and explain to me how a person buying bread, that is taxed with sales tax, benefits from the rockets Mr. Musk builds?

For me these are Pyramids and even more Pyramids... I know the satellites help in communication and in research, but add everything that goes with any government, 'additional costs' (bribes usually constitute 10% of every government contract, don't start on any other 'additional costs')... I think everybody should get the point.

I am of course open to discussion, but I know the difference between 'private' initiative and the 'public' one. Both are completely different.

Musk might be a genius, but that doesn't mean his right all the time, everything he touches turns into gold, and his poo smells with roses. He might be genius only in certain areas, that made him a billionaire, while really retarted in 99% of what's going on everywhere else.

As Tesla proves, he cannot even execute a simple idea, that has its roots in early 1900s, that simple craftsmen did in 1980s.

Maybe because he takes resources from the government so eagerly instead of using his entrepreneurial 'spirit' (it's easy - you only need to kickback 10% of the contract to the person deciding about it)...

While he can execute brilliantly an idea such as internet payment solutions...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York
As Tesla proves, he cannot even execute a simple idea, that has its roots in early 1900s, that simple craftsmen did in 1980s.

I love how people talk about during the early 1900's there were over 300 electric car manufacturers. Proving that this concept was right.

NO!

It proves that ICE were better suited for the needs of buyers. Otherwise we all today would own electric cars.

I'm not suggesting Tesla (or electric cars of today in general) are all bad but they've only become more possible because the tech in batteries have somewhat improved. Note the word "somewhat". Unlike Moore's law and computer CPUs, battery technology hasn't dramatically improved over the past 100 years. Gasoline is still the most compact and efficient way to store energy for automobiles. We've overcome most of the negative issues with gas. Hopefully one day we'll get there with batteries.

Telsa proves also how hard it is to run a car company and the lack of profits. The only reason Telsa is valued what it is because people think it's more than a car company. Pst... it's not!

Richard Branson had a quote about how to become a millionaire with an airline. Start with a billion. Same applies to car companies.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I'm an INTJ also. And we definitely need someone to execute for us.

They discuss this in a book called Rocket Fuel. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1942952317/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Jobs needed Wozniak
Walt Disney needed Roy
Bill Gates needed Paul Allen
Inspector Gadget needed Penny ;)

Tesla just needs someone to rein Elon in.

Tesla is nothing without Elon Musk's vision, just like Apple was nothing without Job's vision.

PayPal got better after they removed Elon as CEO. But, Apple didn't get better after removing Jobs. That's because Peter Thiel respected Elon's genius. And John Sculley didn't respect Job's genius.

If Tesla does try to remove Elon, they better find a Peter Thiel to replace him. And not put in some John Sculley type executive.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I love how people talk about during the early 1900's there were over 300 electric car manufacturers. Proving that this concept was right.

NO!

But you are absolutely right. These cars have been inferior to gas/diesel cars.

I read that there were carburettors in 1930s that allowed to use 1L of gas per 100km. Of course they were killed...

Other example is a mod for diesel that adds allows to add water to the combustion process. It then takes water to diesel in 40:60 ratio instead of 100% diesel. I haven't heard any company has adopted it. But it exists...

So Tesla is just a company that should focus on the batteries instead of cars first... And they knew that a hundred years ago...

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
It then takes water to diesel in 40:60 ratio instead of 100% diesel.
that would be a great way to destroy an engine. That is called hydro-locking. Water can not compress. My Ford F250 diesel has a light on the dash that warns of water in fuel, when that light comes on pull over immediately and drain the fuel filter bowl.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
From an "internet arm chair perspective" it looks like a difficult case.

Those kinds of law suits are expensive and probably not even worth it if you are not a public figure/celebrity.

Glancing over california civil code. It looks like a plaintiff has to prove that the statements are false facts rather than opinions. So the plaintiffs here have to prove that the guy is not a "pedo". Which sounds very difficult to prove.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
From an "internet arm chair perspective" it looks like a difficult case.

Those kinds of law suits are expensive and probably not even worth it if you are not a public figure/celebrity.

Glancing over california civil code. It looks like a plaintiff has to prove that the statements are false facts rather than opinions. So the plaintiffs here have to prove that the guy is not a "pedo". Which sounds very difficult to prove.

Musk also has infinite money to spend on lawyers to drag it out and bleed the guy dry.

I wouldn't even bother.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
that would be a great way to destroy an engine. That is called hydro-locking. Water can not compress. My Ford F250 diesel has a light on the dash that warns of water in fuel, when that light comes on pull over immediately and drain the fuel filter bowl.

Well you are 100% right claiming it would destroy your engine. I don't know your Ford, which year it is etc.... The cars in the past have been more versatile, less 'fragile' and could endure 1 - 3 mln kilometers on odometer easily (see Mercedes and the cars they produced in 1970 / 80s ).

Unfortunately my links are in Polish, but be my guest and use any translator. Or google on your own 'water proppelled car'.

Auto na wodę? Po Polsce jeździ już 40 pojazdów z taką instalacją

It is not a great way to destroy a diesel engine. It's a great way to save trillions worth of resources (in any currency) globally. Or just resources.

In a nutshell. Water breaks down to hydrogen (highly explosive, rocket fuel) and oxygen (highly explosive, rocket fuel as well) under high pressure. Have you ever spilt water on a frying pan full of hot oil?...

People use cheap supermarket oil 50c/L to drive for the older engines. The newer ones have been 'improved' so you cannot do this. Why? Well difference between 50c/L and 2$/L is the tax not being imposed on supermarket oil and being present at your gas station.

I could probably go on, but it's about Musk and Tesla... Heh...

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I'm an INTJ also. And we definitely need someone to execute for us.

yes Elon Musk is doing too much things at once. INTJs are the masterminds behind the scenes. they must use other guys to do the work for them

they have to manage the circus called " society" above it , from their desk

thet are not supposed to be the clowns in front of people as Elon Musk does.

as i usually say on this forum , the real Masters of society are hidden behind the scenes and people don't know them

only guys in the know can understand what is going on

the Masters are not supposed to be identified and sued or whatever

they are here to manage the circus, not to be exposed

dis.jpg

edward-bernays-quote1.jpg

Last edited:

NaPal

Done > Perfect
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Apr 16, 2012
USA
C'mon fastlaners!

Ya'll are getting your information from Fake News !

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
yes Elon Musk is doing too much things at once. INTJs are the masterminds behind the scenes. they must use other guys to do the work for them

they have to manage the circus called " society" above it , from their desk

thet are not supposed to be the clowns in front of people as Elon Musk does.

as i usually say on this forum , the real Masters of society are hidden behind the scenes and people don't know them

only guys in the know can understand what is going on

the Masters are not supposed to be identified and sued or whatever

they are here to manage the circus, not to be exposed

View attachment 21953

View attachment 21954

Next thing you're going to tell me that Aliens built the Pyramids because they're all strategically located around the world...

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Next thing you're going to tell me that Aliens built the Pyramids because they're all strategically located around the world...

i am not here to convince anyone but to say what i have to say

so i don't really care what people think about what i say

call me a jerk or whatever.

some people here have the potential to go beyond the perception deception on earth and this is for them that i write here

as i said before, they are part of the best 20 % of the masses who can understand things when we show them the reality on earth : the pareto principle at work

so let's take an example about the perception deception in this world

what do you see here ?

dolphinsex.jpg

hmmmmm.... look again carefully

dol2.jpg

your mind is programmed to see things a certain way

but this is not reality

on this picture there are only dolphins but your mind says this is people having sex

same thing in our society with your mind that was programmed to look at society in a certain way

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Or google on your own 'water proppelled car'.

In a nutshell. Water breaks down to hydrogen (highly explosive, rocket fuel) and oxygen (highly explosive, rocket fuel as well) under high pressure. Have you ever spilt water on a frying pan full of hot oil?...
@lowtek can you please hit this guy.

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
Tesla now surpasses Lexus in u.s sales making them the 2nd largest premium brand for the u.s market. They sold 83,000 cars in Q3 double that of Q2.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I’m going to say part stress, but not just from trying to keep businesses profitable. Elon believes himself to be an ambassador of mankind’s wellbeing in the long run, and he’s probably struggling with the realities and consequences of Trying to lead a world of mostly primitive, short visioned occupants that constantly fail to do what is best for our long term survival.

In his mind, he is one of the few that can see where things are going, and is frustrated that there are more people watching to see if he fails than there are those pushing our race to succeed alongside him.

Most of you probably have this problem as well, if you really embrace the mindset of progress in this sea of “entertainmentalists”. I know I do, it’s tough trying to fit into this world when you want to go places most people don’t.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
TSLA has unexpectedly moved their earnings date release up 2 weeks.

This is another BS move because options are priced differently around earnings.

So if an INSIDERS had this knowledge, you could have bought TSLA options with cheap IV and after the announcement the IV would have doubled, hence, jumping the option prices. No price movement needed.

This is no different than INSIDERS trading and yet, this kind of shit gets a pass by the SEC.

That said, the announcement move means what? TSLA will report great results?

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
@lowtek can you please hit this guy.
He’s not entirely wrong. Hydrogen and oxygen can be used to improve efficiency in diesel motors.

But it’s not done by spraying water into the cylinder lol.

H2O is split into hydrogen and oxygen gasses outside of the motor, and then injected with diesel into the cylinder.

@Everyman water causes oil to splatter from a hot pan because oils have a higher boiling point than water and water is more dense than oil. The water immediately turns to steam between the hot oil and the pan, sending it all over your kitchen and person. None of this is related to how a diesel engine works with or without the addition of hydrogen/oxygen.

Please excuse the derailment.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
TSLA has unexpectedly moved their earnings date release up 2 weeks.

This is another BS move because options are priced differently around earnings.

So if an INSIDERS had this knowledge, you could have bought TSLA options with cheap IV and after the announcement the IV would have doubled, hence, jumping the option prices. No price movement needed.

This is no different than INSIDERS trading and yet, this kind of sh*t gets a pass by the SEC.

That said, the announcement move means what? TSLA will report great results?
I guess no huge losses have been noticed by the SEC yet, to make them take action.

It is akin to having a kitchen torched by an arson attracting more police attention, rather than a pie being thrown at the window.

On INSIDERS trading and 'smart money' ,in general, I have been noticing more offers and ads on trading platforms with the ability to spot levels of volume denoting smart money, or INSIDERS movement. Of course not all of these platforms are genuine, but if even 10% of them were, I'm wondering if the dynamics change when too many people work in tandem with the smart money.

I somehow smell a crack in the wall holding back a collapse...

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
None of this is related to how a diesel engine works with or without the addition of hydrogen/oxygen.

Exactly.

Only shows how things react in a 'normal' environment.

My point is the same as before. There are many ideas that should be developed /should have been already (but somehow aren't) which are better than EV. Simpler, cheaper... This is why I see Musk as a ... idiot genius in this instance (idiot for the idea, genius for execution).

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Whatever happened to Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars? I remember that those were starting about 10 years ago then the idea fell off the face of the Earth

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Lately Elon Musk has been making some odd comments and making eyebrows rise.

From the sales conference call some weeks ago where he made some bizarre comments, to Twitter barbs, to this Thai cave rescue thing and calling some critic a PEDO, his comments are starting to make people wonder. Lately he's been sounding more like Trump and not unlike any other corporate figure of a publicly traded company.

Elon Musk tweets he'll "bet ya a signed dollar" that Thai cave rescuer is a "pedo"

5 outrageous Elon Musk moments from the bizarre Tesla call

I'm sure Nikola Tesla was considered an odd-ball in his day and age, so is this just Elon being Elon?

Is this his eccentricity or do you think something else is going on?

A billionaire with FU money saying FU?
Super old thread, but I'm 99% sure Elon, Trump, Buffett, Gates, et al say ridiculous things on purpose because it's free marketing and free press.

We all need to learn a lesson from those guys.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Super old thread, but I'm 99% sure Elon, Trump, Buffett, Gates, et al say ridiculous things on purpose because it's free marketing and free press.

In my opinion they are not getting it spontaneously... You could do the same tactic but stand on the opposite side e.g. say you are pro carbon fuel, against whatever Buffet is pushing (compound interest on the stock exchange?), and so on ... How much free publicity you would get?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

In my opinion they are not getting it spontaneously... You could do the same tactic but stand on the opposite side e.g. say you are pro carbon fuel, against whatever Buffet is pushing (compound interest on the stock exchange?), and so on ... How much free publicity you would get?
Not sure what you're talking about...

Stir up controversy = get famous

Use your 30 seconds of fame to parlay into more fame or more money.

It's a pretty simple equation and you see it all around you if you use the internet.

D

Deleted78083

I am not sure we can all put them in the same basket.

I think Bill Gates is the type of evil person who is certain he works for the greater good, like so many "let's kill 20 million to save 7 billion" types of vilain from movies.

Trump is a ultra narcissist who is not consciously aware that he lies when he does.

Buffett...well, i don't know.

And Musk, it is tough to say what he is after. It is not money, it is not fame. I think he is some kind of masochist, taking pleasure in the pain he inflicts onto himself, which is why he's realized so much. And then i think he genuinely likes to troll the entire world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.