The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Using AI to summarise a 34 page thread?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone should run the entire thread through an AI summation tool because I'm sure you're not alone. I'm on Firefox and don't have an AI summarizer plugin.

I thought I'd have a go at this but fell at the first hurdle.

Trying ChatGPT in a mo, but I suspect it can't read threads, and that we can't copy/paste that amount of data into it.

Is it possible to train our own AI?

Hmmm... maybe I should ask ChatGPT these questions...

1692872923324.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Maybe we can send the Eva AI into there and give us a summary..

Last edited:

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
There you go Andy! You can create custom instructions in Chat GPT 4. This effectively trains your own model. If you want the Chat to check a link you can use plugin Voxscript (there are also others but this is the one that I use). Alternatively, you can add a .txt file on code interpreter to check for you. Could copy and paste each page into a new txt file that you create. A bit boring but you do not have to use a web scrapper. Let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• Navigating GPT-4, Code Interpreter, and Plugins_ A Step-by-Step Tutorial.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have found the bing app has a better chat gpt in it than chat gpt itself.

I use it all the time. It’s an incredible tool for Bible study actually. It’s the worlds best table of contents. It can find stuff in a long book like Mike from Suits.

It took a lot of liberty when I tried to get it to summarize this thread though:

Sure, I can try to summarize that thread for you. It is a discussion about using AI to summarize long threads on the forum, and whether it is useful or ethical. The original poster, @Andy Black, shared his experiment of using an AI tool called ChatGPT to generate summaries of some threads, and asked for feedback from other members. He also provided some tips on how to use ChatGPT effectively.

Some of the responses were positive and appreciative of the effort, while others were skeptical and critical of the quality and accuracy of the summaries. Some members also raised concerns about the potential misuse of AI tools to spam or deceive other users, especially since the forum owner, @MJ DeMarco, had recently banned anyone who used AI or ChatGPT to respond to posts³. Some members suggested that AI summaries should be clearly labeled as such, and that human summaries are still preferable and more valuable.

The thread also sparked some interesting debates and questions about the role and impact of AI in entrepreneurship, education, creativity, and society. Some members shared their own experiences and opinions on using AI tools for various purposes, such as writing, coding, designing, marketing, etc. Some members also challenged each other to test their skills against AI tools, or to use AI tools to enhance their skills.

The thread is currently 34 pages long, with 669 posts and 17,651 views. It is one of the most active and popular threads on the forum. You can read the full thread here¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 8/24/2023
(1) Immediate ban: First post = AI / ChatGPT Responses. IMPORTANT! - Immediate ban: First post = AI / ChatGPT Responses.
(2) The Entrepreneur Forum: Talk Fastlane Business. The Entrepreneur Forum: Talk Fastlane Business.
(3) Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read). HOT! - IMPORTANT! - Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read).

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have found the bing app has a better chat gpt in it than chat gpt itself.

I use it all the time. It’s an incredible tool for Bible study actually. It’s the worlds best table of contents. It can find stuff in a long book like Mike from Suits.

It took a lot of liberty when I tried to get it to summarize this thread though:

Sure, I can try to summarize that thread for you. It is a discussion about using AI to summarize long threads on the forum, and whether it is useful or ethical. The original poster, @Andy Black, shared his experiment of using an AI tool called ChatGPT to generate summaries of some threads, and asked for feedback from other members. He also provided some tips on how to use ChatGPT effectively.

Some of the responses were positive and appreciative of the effort, while others were skeptical and critical of the quality and accuracy of the summaries. Some members also raised concerns about the potential misuse of AI tools to spam or deceive other users, especially since the forum owner, @MJ DeMarco, had recently banned anyone who used AI or ChatGPT to respond to posts³. Some members suggested that AI summaries should be clearly labeled as such, and that human summaries are still preferable and more valuable.

The thread also sparked some interesting debates and questions about the role and impact of AI in entrepreneurship, education, creativity, and society. Some members shared their own experiences and opinions on using AI tools for various purposes, such as writing, coding, designing, marketing, etc. Some members also challenged each other to test their skills against AI tools, or to use AI tools to enhance their skills.

The thread is currently 34 pages long, with 669 posts and 17,651 views. It is one of the most active and popular threads on the forum. You can read the full thread here¹.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 8/24/2023
(1) Immediate ban: First post = AI / ChatGPT Responses. IMPORTANT! - Immediate ban: First post = AI / ChatGPT Responses.
(2) The Entrepreneur Forum: Talk Fastlane Business. The Entrepreneur Forum: Talk Fastlane Business.
(3) Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read). HOT! - IMPORTANT! - Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read).
Blimey. Either it summarised this thread itself, or it completely missed the point of ICK's thread.

I've an AI techie friend looking into this.

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jan 17, 2023
@Andy Black

Would a Chrome Extension that summarizes the key points of all the posts within a thread help you? Is that what you are looking for?

Regards

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black

Would a Chrome Extension that summarizes the key points of all the posts within a thread help you? Is that what you are looking for?

Regards
That would be useful in this case since it's a long thread and @MJ DeMarco was asking about it. I wouldn't necessarily use it for any other threads, but I could see the tool being handy for other use cases.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
If you just copied and pasted a Google Docs downloaded txt and put it on the code interpreter of GPT 4 you would have done it already :rofl:

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jan 17, 2023
If you just copied and pasted
Way too much work in times of AI. Just relax and earn money.

chill-homer-simpson.gif

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Sharly (Sharly AI) allows you to upload PDFs and the like and then chat with a model based on what was in the document. I haven't played with it enough to say how good it is at this. In theory you may be able to do it if you combine the thread in a PDF.

That sounds like a PITA, but may be a solution.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Using Harpa AI summarizer on Chrome...

### Key Takeaway
The key takeaway from the web page content is that a mindset of genuinely loving and adding value to others' lives is essential for building a successful business and establishing lasting relationships.

### Summary
  • The thread on the entrepreneur forum discusses the profound lesson of loving others and adding value to their lives to achieve success.
  • The metaphor of "LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT" is used to emphasize the importance of a selfless mindset.
  • The concept revolves around approaching people with the intention of improving their lives rather than focusing solely on personal gain.
  • The mindset shift involves understanding others' pains and needs, leading to building a brand with a genuine heart.
  • Loving others fosters customer loyalty and a dedicated following, exemplified by businesses like In n' Out Burger.
  • The thread showcases personal stories of overcoming challenges, negative mindsets, and embracing failure as part of the process.
  • The focus on the customer and market needs, rather than selfish desires, is highlighted as the formula for success in entrepreneurship.
  • The significance of effective communication, problem-solving, and selfless congruence in business operations is emphasized.
  • The thread features anecdotes and experiences of individuals who have transformed their lives through mindset shifts and self-improvement.

This web page content explores the profound impact of adopting a mindset centered on genuine love, empathy, and adding value to others' lives. It underscores the transformational power of focusing on customers and market needs, rather than chasing personal gain, as a cornerstone of entrepreneurial success.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas

### Key Takeaway
The key takeaway from the web page content is that a mindset of genuinely loving and adding value to others' lives is essential for building a successful business and establishing lasting relationships.

### Summary
  • The thread on the entrepreneur forum discusses the profound lesson of loving others and adding value to their lives to achieve success.
  • The metaphor of "LOVE THE HELL OUT OF OTHERS AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU CAN EAT" is used to emphasize the importance of a selfless mindset.
  • The concept revolves around approaching people with the intention of improving their lives rather than focusing solely on personal gain.
  • The mindset shift involves understanding others' pains and needs, leading to building a brand with a genuine heart.
  • Loving others fosters customer loyalty and a dedicated following, exemplified by businesses like In n' Out Burger.
  • The thread showcases personal stories of overcoming challenges, negative mindsets, and embracing failure as part of the process.
  • The focus on the customer and market needs, rather than selfish desires, is highlighted as the formula for success in entrepreneurship.
  • The significance of effective communication, problem-solving, and selfless congruence in business operations is emphasized.
  • The thread features anecdotes and experiences of individuals who have transformed their lives through mindset shifts and self-improvement.

This web page content explores the profound impact of adopting a mindset centered on genuine love, empathy, and adding value to others' lives. It underscores the transformational power of focusing on customers and market needs, rather than chasing personal gain, as a cornerstone of entrepreneurial success.
1692891962264.jpeg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you just copied and pasted a Google Docs downloaded txt and put it on the code interpreter of GPT 4 you would have done it already :rofl:
I couldn't find that plugin you had in your PDF.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

### Key Takeaway

### Summary

I'd say that's a pretty good summary. I like how it skipped the drama.

circleme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Jan 17, 2023
Regarding Harpa AI:

It seems absolutely surreal to me how big of a value generator a company can be for such a big audience. They have nailed it completely. :duh:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007