The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
What kinda exercise you doing on those 200-250 g carbs though?
1-hour workout.

Must be noted I put them all at the end of the day so I stay sharp for work/workout. Then I 'backload' via rice/fruit at dinner after I'm done for the day (most insulin-sensitive post w/o too)

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Interestiing situation I'm in today!

One of my clients is an SEO company. I started with them as a freelancer 6 years ago, but as they grew and I started doing other things, I started to hire out the work. I started with freelancers, then hired someone local to do the work in order to speed up the process & guarantee quality.

I've been trying to get the process as fast and error-free as possible. Recently, GPT-3 tools like ChatGPT have allowed instant text generation.

Of course, I have to be forthcoming about my use of these tools, as to do otherwise would be unethical. I have my employee create over 10,000 words of edited, original content. I brag about my process and how it can clear their content backlog. I use ChatGPT to organize the content of articles found on the Web, which saves a ton of time when researching & creating content.

The client comes back and tells me that they pitch clients manually created content so they don't think I should have my employee use any sort of AI tools. (I understand why; people buying SEO don't value content if it's written by an AI) They run one of the articles through GPTZero and it says it's entirely written by AI. (It wasn't, but whatever)

So I decide to rewrite the content myself so that I could get it done today. Whatever, I'm a fast writer.

First two pieces of content are rewritten successfully. Then I go to the third piece of content.

GPTZero detects my rewritten content as "entirely written by AI".

I rewrite it 5 more times and I can't get it to budge. I use Hemingway editor, I split up sentences, I fuse sentences, I choose different words, I erase the whole thing and rewrite it again...

Nope.

I get it down to "moderate chance of being written by AI". Back to the drawing board. It's not getting done today, I'll have to wait for my employee to come back!

I'm now concerned that the client is going to retroactively ask for refunds on any content "detected as AI" because apparently they've been pitching their clients manually written content. (I'm not sure if I should give them.) These AI detectors are clearly not reliable, but clients won't know the difference and they may accuse my client of lying to them about the nature of the content created!

Thing is, I know that this client is going to prune away. They have to eventually, right? Surely AI can produce better SEO-optimized content more quickly. But as long as they can successfully pitch "human created content" they will, only because the value of human-created content is higher than that of AI-created content regardless of factual accuracy, SEO impact, or style... and that's because the clients can just do it themselves.

Moral of the story... I don't have one!
You can record a video of your screen or yourself while generating the content so that the client can see you have not used AI generated tools to do it! Something like that to prove it.

I see your problem and I hope you can manage to solve it soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
1688141534853.png

Lol, in The Netherlands people are in line to load up on fuel before the tax go up 14 cent per litre.

Some places people wait for hours before their turn.

Talking about not valuing your time!
Made me think of the kfc bucket example in Mj’s book. Crazy.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
this podcast is hilarious - at 24:30 they have a section called "RTFM" which stands for "Read the F*cking Manual" and they talk about people running really profitable businesses because they were the only ones who read the manual. They even mentioned that apparently that is what Mark Cuban did to make his first few million with MicroSolutions - he helped people implement Oracle because they were too lazy / stupid to read the documentation.

There's probably a business idea in there somewhere for people who can read - find in demand software with complex documentation, and implement it for companies. Speaking from experience, companies pay 6 figures for someone else to set up open sourced software because they don't know how to implement it themselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwLEocqK0E

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Interestiing situation I'm in today!

One of my clients is an SEO company. I started with them as a freelancer 6 years ago, but as they grew and I started doing other things, I started to hire out the work. I started with freelancers, then hired someone local to do the work in order to speed up the process & guarantee quality.

I've been trying to get the process as fast and error-free as possible. Recently, GPT-3 tools like ChatGPT have allowed instant text generation.

Of course, I have to be forthcoming about my use of these tools, as to do otherwise would be unethical. I have my employee create over 10,000 words of edited, original content. I brag about my process and how it can clear their content backlog. I use ChatGPT to organize the content of articles found on the Web, which saves a ton of time when researching & creating content.

The client comes back and tells me that they pitch clients manually created content so they don't think I should have my employee use any sort of AI tools. (I understand why; people buying SEO don't value content if it's written by an AI) They run one of the articles through GPTZero and it says it's entirely written by AI. (It wasn't, but whatever)

So I decide to rewrite the content myself so that I could get it done today. Whatever, I'm a fast writer.

First two pieces of content are rewritten successfully. Then I go to the third piece of content.

GPTZero detects my rewritten content as "entirely written by AI".

I rewrite it 5 more times and I can't get it to budge. I use Hemingway editor, I split up sentences, I fuse sentences, I choose different words, I erase the whole thing and rewrite it again...

Nope.

I get it down to "moderate chance of being written by AI". Back to the drawing board. It's not getting done today, I'll have to wait for my employee to come back!

I'm now concerned that the client is going to retroactively ask for refunds on any content "detected as AI" because apparently they've been pitching their clients manually written content. (I'm not sure if I should give them.) These AI detectors are clearly not reliable, but clients won't know the difference and they may accuse my client of lying to them about the nature of the content created!

Thing is, I know that this client is going to prune away. They have to eventually, right? Surely AI can produce better SEO-optimized content more quickly. But as long as they can successfully pitch "human created content" they will, only because the value of human-created content is higher than that of AI-created content regardless of factual accuracy, SEO impact, or style... and that's because the clients can just do it themselves.

Moral of the story... I don't have one!

Apparently they want to continue using GPTZero to detect AI content. Lol

Bad incentives cause bad results, that's all I'll say.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

this podcast is hilarious - at 24:30 they have a section called "RTFM" which stands for "Read the F*cking Manual" and they talk about people running really profitable businesses because they were the only ones who read the manual. They even mentioned that apparently that is what Mark Cuban did to make his first few million with MicroSolutions - he helped people implement Oracle because they were too lazy / stupid to read the documentation.

There's probably a business idea in there somewhere for people who can read - find in demand software with complex documentation, and implement it for companies. Speaking from experience, companies pay 6 figures for someone else to set up open sourced software because they don't know how to implement it themselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwLEocqK0E
I know exactly what you mean by this (sorry, didn't watch the video) but several such examples of software solutions and products immediately come to mind where you could build a huge consulting or similar company just helping other companies use the damn software.

In fact, I helped @Kak with something like this a while back... He will know the one I'm talking about, maybe. Would make a great business just getting people set up on that if you know what I'm referring to.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
they talk about people running really profitable businesses because they were the only ones who read the manual. They even mentioned that apparently that is what Mark Cuban did to make his first few million with MicroSolutions - he helped people implement Oracle because they were too lazy / stupid to read the documentation.

This is really a great idea. Someone on this forum (several people) should 100% do this...

XYZ Niche Software developers or similar results are often fairly easy to rank/run ads for.

Would make a great business just getting people set up on that if you know what I'm referring to.

You should post this as an INE...

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Be careful this July 4th. Don't put your fireworks next to your van. Unless you want a new van.

View: https://twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1674100653931495427

Don't worry, the men have things under control. (Next thing you know the van is on fire and the baby carriage has been pummeled with fireballs)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Some places people wait for hours before their turn.

Talking about not valuing your time!

I have never once cared about the price of gas in my life for two simple reason:

1. The average price is entirely outside of my control.
2. The price fluctuations within the average doesn't amount to much.

It took YEARS of directly telling friends and family to stop telling me about gas prices for them to finally get the hint. It's like a cult. I would get calls, texts and in-person comments about how they saw gas 5-10 cents cheaper over at wherever or how I need to get gas before they raise it 5-10 cents for the long weekend.

What finally got them to stop was embarrassing them with math.

- My gas tank: 60L
- Cost savings/loss when the price goes up/down by $0.10: $6

And usually the notable price difference worth calling/texting everyone they knew was really more like 5 cents, not 10, so most of the time these comments were trying to convince me to stop what I was doing, get in my car, and fight every other idiotic driver on the road to save $3. Sorry, I may not be rich but I'm also not stupid.

And when I get the dumb "well $3 is still $3" I ask them if they'd run over to the closest gas station and fill my car up for me and I'll pay them $3 for the effort. Somehow $3 isn't "still $3" when it's their time and effort being exchanged for it.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Watching TDF2023… hell yeah! And not paying $200 either, just the price of a month of VPN.

VPN to Australia
SBS free on demand

Boom!

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Watching TDF2023… hell yeah! And not paying $200 either, just the price of a month of VPN.

VPN to Australia
SBS free on demand

Boom!

1688219745737.png

Not just a dinosaur @Antifragile..
A smart one!! Haha

Enjoy the tour!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
IMG_5130.jpg

I turned the news off about two years ago and I’ve been the most free thinking and peaceful I’ve ever been.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Fz-zCw7WAAE-0bP

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Been thinking today: A man's purpose is direction/thing in which he is ready to yield himself selflessly.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012