The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I wasn't expecting Utah to be #1 at:

View attachment 45160

Doesn't surprise me, the drivers out here are the worst. It was one of my biggest shocks when I moved here. Traffic laws and signs out here are mere suggestions. People make their own rules when it comes to driving, lines mean nothing, signs mean nothing, speed limits mean nothing.

I hate hearing “I made 60k in 1 day” or 1 month or whatever, and then it turns out that’s 60k total revenue from an ecom store.

I watched a video with that title the other day and by the end of the video he broke it down and he’d netted I think 3k off 60k in sales. Like bro you made 3k not 60k.

But it’s for the video views I guess so you can’t knock it.

They do the same with these news articles in Australia. “Meet the Aussies that made 100k in 6 weeks from their bedroom” and then mid article it says they sold 100k worth of crap on their shopify store. You’re like ok so they made no where near 100k. They potentially even lost money, yet here they are in the news trying to become gurus and sell courses so they can actually make some money.

Yes, I call this selling dimes for nickels.

You can do this all day and get to claim, "I did $100K in sales one day!" (never mind you lost $100K too).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If you are so concerned about your height that you want to literally smash your leg bones to pieces, I think an easier step would be to move to a country with a shorter population.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
If you are so concerned about your height that you want to literally smash your leg bones to pieces, I think an easier step would be to move to a country with a shorter population.

Probably easy for you to say if you're average height or above. But if you were actually short you would've been pretty desperate about it.

If you were born and raised in Canada and had to either move to Indonesia or get surgery to not be short, I'm sure 99% of people would take the surgery.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Anyone here consider something like this?
Oh the things men will do for a couple more inches (no double entendre meant) ;)

GQ1022_LegLengthing_04b.jpg
I don't remember where I read the research, but most of the benefits from being taller were really more associated with the confidence/behaviors/habits developed through growing up being more physically developed/dominant than your peers. Someone pushing the "get tall" button once they're fully developed might help a few issues, but a lot of the perceived height issues are more mental than physical. However, if they start selling a "get tall" button for your kids, that might be very worthwhile.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
If smashing the bones in your legs can get you from 5'5 (my height) to > 6', and you can still function just like before, and walk run and climb fast, then it's something worth looking into.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I smoked pot for the first time in over 50 years. It worked at getting me out of a mental loop I was stuck in. Basically oscillating between a requirement to move forward on something, and a certainty of failure. I did one inhalation from a disposal vape. Since I don't smoke, it had a thoroughly disgusting after-taste, and my lungs hurt for 2 days. Not sure if I will do it again. Maybe if it is the only thing that works. Two hours of my mind not racing in a circle was a bit of a miracle. I really don't want to be a "smoker" of anything. I tried edibles again, and they affect my sense of body. Not helpful, and always on the verge of feeling sick. I read a lot about the effects of trauma on developing brains, and it seems some things cannot be undone.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I smoked pot for the first time in over 50 years. It worked at getting me out of a mental loop I was stuck in. Basically oscillating between a requirement to move forward on something, and a certainty of failure. I did one inhalation from a disposal vape. Since I don't smoke, it had a thoroughly disgusting after-taste, and my lungs hurt for 2 days. Not sure if I will do it again. Maybe if it is the only thing that works. Two hours of my mind not racing in a circle was a bit of a miracle. I really don't want to be a "smoker" of anything. I tried edibles again, and they affect my sense of body. Not helpful, and always on the verge of feeling sick. I read a lot about the effects of trauma on developing brains, and it seems some things cannot be undone.

I use weed as a debugging tool. If life is going well (e.g. I've been working on my goals and not procrastinating), then I get a pleasant high and all is well.

However, if I smoke when I've put off doing things I should've been doing (or worse - should've already done!), then it feels like I'm being crushed by the weight of all my problems and responsibilities for the next 4 hours. Anxiety goes through the roof with a feeling of impending doom, dizziness, and nausea.

And although that isn't fun at all, it essentially sets me back on the right trajectory.

My theory: Neurotic people with lower self-awareness and control issues find smoking weed a pretty traumatic experience. That used to be me and it took a lot of patience and will to get to the point where I could understand that it wasn't the weed giving me a bad trip - but my prejudice/fears/anxious thoughts/ arising from my subconscious to the conscious.

Last edited:

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
You tried meditation ? Sub lingual cbd oil is also great for mental health, no need of smoking high thc imo.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Big companies have gone from Net 30 to Net 60 and now are trying to go Net 90 on paying their vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers. This is a huge recessionary signal.

Why don't the companies cancel their vacation this year and start making coffee at home?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Weed generally can be hit or miss. It always has been for me. What has worked better is set, setting, and intention. If I'm feeling some type of angst or anxiety, it just makes it worse for me, unless I put myself in a better situation.

Your experience is not unusual as weed can be a great way to break thru mental blocks, especially if that is your intention. Happy to hear that worked out for you.

As for the burning, you have to dabble in various formats to see what works for you. Some weed burns my throat.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why don't the companies cancel their vacation this year and start making coffee at home?
To be fair, some of them might be laying off employees, cutting back on perks and gimmicks, etc.

But there appears to be a cash flow crunch happening that's trickling down from large companies to small businesses - in other words, the supply chain.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I read a lot about the effects of trauma on developing brains, and it seems some things cannot be undone.

Like physical head trauma? Like retired NFL guys? Or emotional?

I smoked pot for the first time in over 50 years. It worked at getting me out of a mental loop I was stuck in.

I used to smoke a lot of marijuana and it really never did that for me. It would just make me hungry and more easy going. My productivity went through the roof when I cut out all the weed and alcohol completely. Mushrooms seemed to have set my priorities straight.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
However, if I smoke when I've put off doing things I should've been doing (or worse - should've already done!), then it feels like I'm being crushed by the weight of all my problems and responsibilities for the next 4 hours.

That sounds terrible, I would laugh, but only because reading that makes me expect it to happen to me. Sounds like it magnifies your current feelings, for better or worse.

You tried meditation ? Sub lingual cbd oil is also great for mental health, no need of smoking high thc imo.

I have tried sublingual THC/CBD, but it seems 50/50 on being an inhalant and an edible. With 50% going directly through the blood stream, and the 50% in to the digestive tract. I distrust edibles, so I stopped sublingual's. My stomach is also very sensitive to weird foods, and the "oil" seemed to linger there.

Weed generally can be hit or miss. It always has been for me. What has worked better is set, setting, and intention. If I'm feeling some type of angst or anxiety, it just makes it worse for me, unless I put myself in a better situation.

When "high" are you productive? I've listened to Scott Adams talk about being very productive after smoking. I don't mind being non-productive temporarily, but my overall goal is to increase productivity by ceasing or negating negative thoughts/feelings. I was "high" for maybe 1-2 hours from 1 puff, but my emotional issues seemed to be negated for about 48 hours. While "high", I was able to detach from my own direct experiences, and reflect on them more objectively.

One insight I had was on the nature of failure, and its use as a slur. Objectively, failure is a requirement for success, as soil is a requirement for plants. Initial success is akin to luck, lunacy to expect, and stupidity to require. When someone tells you that you will fail, they are condemning you for trying, ostensibly because they know better than you. They miss that failure and success are the same process, that certainty is not absolute, and no one worth listening to ever criticized someone else for trying. I've never heard of a serious artist (of any kind) that criticized another artist for engaging in making art. They know how little the creator controls in the process. A slur is more of a demonstration of the speaker's sadism and ignorance than objective truth.

Like physical head trauma? Like retired NFL guys? Or emotional?

I read that emotional trauma in children affects the development of the brain, due to an over abundance of chemicals released during periods of stress. The brain develops to expect trauma, especially when there is none. It was too depressing to read, though I will read more later. I don't believe I was ever hit in the head.

My productivity went through the roof when I cut out all the weed and alcohol completely. Mushrooms seemed to have set my priorities straight.

I hear they are using mushrooms for PTSD now, I am looking in to that. I approach all these things as potential "helpers" rather than recreationally. I quit alcohol years ago, it got to where 1-2 beers caused stomach pain the following day. I had a lot of fun drinking, but I'm glad I had to stop.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Couldn't happen to a nicer piece of shit. :playful:

Currently, FB Groups seem to be thriving. The algorithm favors Groups far more over Pages. If FB goes down, I hope FB Groups will still exist in some way or another. Back then when Yahoo became a thing of the past, Yahoo Groups was one of the last, most active business segment they had.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
When you see a statement like…

“We scaled to 4 million”

What does that usually mean - 4 million sales total for the lifetime of the business? 4 million a year? Profits? Revenue?

I see that type of statement all the time and never really get it. It seems to mean zero without any context.

Like blockbuster scaled till it didn’t.

Am I missing something?

Or even users. Nowadays, "scaled" is more like "organic", "natural" or "healthy."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The website went live on 26 August 2005. Always one of my favorite internet stunts.

When this forum launched way back then, we had swaths of people joining here wanting to do the same thing. Lots of spammers also too who tried posting links here to copy-cat "million dollar home page" crap.

I deleted a lot of "visit my million dollar home page!" threads back then.

Geez, those were the days.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When this forum launched way back then, we had swaths of people joining here wanting to do the same thing. Lots of spammers also too who tried posting links here to copy-cat "million dollar home page" crap.

I deleted a lot of "visit my million dollar home page!" threads back then.

Geez, those were the days.
What other notable phases were there MJ?

Obviously Crypto is the most recent. Or is there a newer one?

There was probably FBA, dropshipping, and Facebook Ads.

Affiliate marketing has probably been a theme since the forum started.

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
I completed a 48 hour fast last weekend. It wasn't too bad. I'm going to wait 2 months and try a 4 day fast.
A friend recently completed a 16-day fast. I'm super intrigued. She seems more "zen" than usual.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Obviously Crypto is the most recent. Or is there a newer one?

There was probably FBA, dropshipping, and Facebook Ads.

Affiliate marketing has probably been a theme since the forum started.

Yep, there have certainly been bandwagon times and a bunch of geniuses that disappear. FBA and crypto were a very dominant boom and bust.

General freelancing was less dominant, but still a bandwagon. We also had a self publishing boom.

Wall Street bets style stock trading had a boom recently as well.

I’m going to say we are in a bit of an “influencer” phase, as much as I personally partake in it, I know it’s a kind of a bubble. Lots of competition for attention. Thankfully, for me, content is more of a hobby and a long-term vision than a business, or I’d be poor. I give everything away for free.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I wrote about them in Unscripted .

• Million-dollar home page (so and so made $25K last month selling pixels, I'm starting a M-dollar home page!)
  • Blogging (so and so made $25K last month blogging, I'm starting a blog!)
  • Forex (so and so made $25K last month trading currencies, I'm gonna trade FOREX!!)
  • Self-publishing (so and so made $25K last month selling shitty eBooks, I'm starting a publishing biz!)
  • crypto (so and so made $25K last month trading DOGE, I'm starting a investing biz!)
  • investing (so and so made $25K last month trading ARKK, I'm starting an trading biz!)
  • flipping RE (so and so made $25K last month flipping/wholesaling RE, I'm starting a RE biz!)
  • "digital marketing" (so and so made $25K last month managing social medias, I'm starting a DM biz!)
  • podcasting (so and so made $25K last month podcasting, I'm starting a podcast!)

Seriously, its like a broken record that repeats, the singer just changes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.