The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you find viable business ideas?

Idea threads

luismillan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 29, 2024
Recently, I returned from a sabbatical leave with a strong desire to start a new business but I struggled trying to find viable ideas that I liked.

I read books about brainstorming and idea generation, but they created a different problem: information overload! I ended up with too many ideas.

This experience made me wonder if others face the same problem. Perhaps you do too?

That's why I developed an AI-powered method to brainstorm winning business ideas that align with my skills and interests.

I'm conducting research and offering a free PDF report as a reward for those who qualify and participate.

Is this a good place to conduct my research? I don't want to break any rules. If you (and admins) think it's ok I can share a survey link.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Recently, I returned from a sabbatical leave with a strong desire to start a new business but I struggled trying to find viable ideas that I liked.

I read books about brainstorming and idea generation, but they created a different problem: information overload! I ended up with too many ideas.

This experience made me wonder if others face the same problem. Perhaps you do too?

That's why I developed an AI-powered method to brainstorm winning business ideas that align with my skills and interests.

I'm conducting research and offering a free PDF report as a reward for those who qualify and participate.

Is this a good place to conduct my research? I don't want to break any rules. If you (and admins) think it's ok I can share a survey link.
Posting a link would have been an insta-ban. Are you here to conduct research and generate leads, or join the community? If it's the former then it's not going to turn out well.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Why don’t you use your AI powered method to generate a business idea for yourself?

Instead of trying to get others to “qualify” to use it?
:thumbsdown:

luismillan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 29, 2024
Posting a link would have been an insta-ban. Are you here to conduct research and generate leads, or join the community? If it's the former then it's not going to turn out well.
Hi Andy,

You have no idea how helpful your advice is. Thanks for chiming in.

I had this problem of no having any idea at all and feeling stuck. I thought I could help people in the same situation.

I'll look for another place to do the research.

Apologies for the misunderstanding here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I thought I could help people in the same situation.

But you confessed that you had no ideas, so how can you help others find ideas when you still seem stuck on the same problem?

luismillan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 29, 2024
But you confessed that you had no ideas, so how can you help others find ideas when you still seem stuck on the same problem?
Hello MJ,

I wanted to learn how others approach brainstorming to come up with viable business ideas to refine the method that worked for me when I was stuck. I thought of conducting the research and sharing the results so others could benefit from it.

As I mentioned, I don't intend to break any rules; that's why I asked first. Now I know this is not the right place to conduct research studies.

I'm a big fan of your work and I wouldn't dare to disturb the great synergy in this forum.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 30, 2022
I personally don't like to use ideas as my main framework for success.

I like picking industries and niches as my framework for success, and then generating ideas in that industry and niche as you learn.

Mainly because you don't know what you don't know. Your ideas are probably in many different industries which you have zero to little experience in. Thus, you don't know if that idea is even good, what it actually takes to execute on that idea, etc.

I think if your new, with zero skills, you should just pick an industry and niche that your willing to stick to for a long period of time like 5-10 years minimum.

Then, just learn about that industry and niche through the internet and possibly by working for someone in that industry. You'll be able to see the problems in that niche and create the best solutions to those problems since you have knowledge of the industry.

Cause if you stick to one industry and niche, your skills will stack over time, creating exponential returns on your time.

While if you try to succeed from finding ideas, you just hop from industry to industry and niche to niche, needing to learn new skills and never letting your skills stack on themselves.

Me personally, I'm doing eCommerce, clothing specifically. And also YouTube as my main marketing tool to master. And I'm willing to stick with those two for the next 5-10 years.

Plus, it makes things very simple. Make enough clothing brands, enough YouTube videos, and improve each time. And you WILL be successful eventually, assuming your leveling up your skills and focusing on providing value to the market.

This also works cause no industry is ever perfect. There are problems in every single industry and niche because perfection is impossible, so theres always room for improvement. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just improve on the wheel.

If you have skills and experience in a certain industry and niche, just stick to that industry and niche. And just focus on providing value to your customers in that industry and niche. Cause thats your unfair advantage.

I'm probably not using the word industry and niche right, but thats how I describe my success framework at least.

I got this general framework mainly from Alex Hormozi though, it makes sense.

Last edited:

onhtwndr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 30, 2024
Katoomba, NSW Australia

I recommend asking friends & people that know you. If you're stuck then getting their insights can be invaluable as they recognise skills/passion you might have overlooked.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.