The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing Paper: Ubermen$ch Race

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
It would be an unfair race if a few people from TMF joined. Because taking action for years will = more money than just starting the race.

I'm not saying you both can't do well, but I am saying that it's a stereotypical grandiose statement of a "get rich quick" idea that just simply doesn't work in the fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
It would be an unfair race if a few people from TMF joined. Because taking action for years will = more money than just starting the race.

I'm not saying you both can't do well, but I am saying that it's a stereotypical grandiose statement of a "get rich quick" idea that just simply doesn't work in the fastlane.
The race was designed as a competition and it could be that extra push to get people to take action. Also, why would you not keep going after a year to make lots of money? I'm not understanding you I guess. A lot can be accomplished in 60 days. A TON can be done in 365 days. 12 hours a day for a year is around 4,400 hours. If your saying you can't get rich in 4,400 hours your wrong. This isn't get rich quick, it's simply a fun challenge to get going and start making some money. Come back to this thread in a year.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

In one of the Olympic Games, Ben Johnson used steroids and ran a 9.79. Carl Lewis came in second place and ran a 9.86. At the time, even 9.86 broke the incumbent world-record.

Test results later revealed that Ben Johnson had used steroids. It was an "unfair race," but you could make the argument that Johnson's superhuman performance pushed Lewis to break the record.

FYI, Usain Bolt's current world record is 9.58.

Just a little food for thought.

@AlterJoule

You asked me what I'm looking for. As I type this, @ChasingPaper is on the phone with a business partner of mine, working on closing a deal that will add $30,000.00 to our side of the race.

I am on the phone with a client that will add just under $500,000.00 to our side of the race.

@FastlaneTiger

Don't trip over the crazy rants you posted here. You have two valid excuses. One, you are young. Two, you're not an American. I'll elaborate on the latter.

Eastern Europe has significant differences. We Americans are cocky, and you really can't blame us. With the atom bomb, we won World War II in epic fashion. Look at our history. Look at all of the cures for diseases our scientists have discovered. Look at all of the extreme entrepreneurial success. No other nation has so thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of capitalism. Men JP Morgan, Andrew Carnegie et al stand as glorious testaments to the self-creating power latent in a free-market society.

Where you come from, you don't have giants like this to look up to, to mimic or study. Fortunately for you, however, you have the Forbes 400, which tells you all about the richest Americans alive right now. The quick facts: Around 70% are self-made. Let me repeat that. The Forbes 400, which is the list of the richest Americans alive today ($1,000,000 doesn't even get you on the list these days), tells readers that two-thirds are literally self-made. This fact should fill you with overwhelming joy and unbeatable confidence. If they did it, why not you?

Your culture isn't like mine. Here, I have 50 Cent giving me the proper response to accusations of crazy (3:00 - 3:19). Crazy? No.

I am completely and utterly psychotic, mentally deranged enough to believe that I can put four commas next to my name. Let me tell you a little something about crazy, k?

Two years ago, I began working on my current project. It wasn't easy, and to be honest, I sometimes thought of quitting. Often, when I posted on this site, my "big declarations" were not for the benefit of anyone but myself. I was simply reminding myself of my capabilities.

In hindsight, I could have avoided much of this pain by choosing better influences. Like 50 says in the above video, you will get as far as the person you talk to for no reason. In other words, don't waste your time with people who aren't where you want to go and aren't going there.

Anyway, back to two years ago. Around the time I started my project, I went to a 9:00am appointment downtown Chicago. The scene I saw scared the living hell out of me. On both sides of the street, huge masses of people in work clothes shuffled and filed into office buildings all over Michigan Ave. The fear I felt was intense, and I could feel it in my chest.

I can never waste my life like that, I thought.

I am no stranger to action. You don't develop the skills to play Chopin and Beethoven with your eyes closed - or a physique with 5% bodyfat capable of outrunning 90% of the players in the NFL in a 40 yard dash - without fully understanding and applying the principles of perfect and repetition.

Random thought: MJ became a millionaire at 31. I'm not 30 yet. By time this race is over - October 31st - I will be.

@Vigilante
"We're not huge advocates of chasing money.

If you create value, money follows.

If you chase money, some times it works, but most of the time it involves compromise and failure.

There has to be a reason, and the reason isn't simply because you want to chase paper.
"

I call bullshit on this. Who slayed the Gods on Mt. Olympus and made you the omniscient oracle of money making?

Just kidding.

Logically, it is an indisputable fact that the desire to "chase paper" precedes the need to create value. Why ELSE are you trying to create value in the first place? If you don't want to make money, I see no need to create value in the first place. The money you make from a hustle is like the results you see in the mirror after working out and eating right. A personal trainer could say "create the burn and the good physique follows" and "there has to be a reason, and the reason isn't simply because you want a good physique."

@Vigilante

I also disagree about the "meaningless" big declarations. They mean a whole lot. They mean the world to me, actually. I'm not trying to win an argument with my words; that will be accomplished with my actions. I don't know you, or anyone on this site, really. I've met some people, talked to them on the phone away from here, and some of them were interesting. Some even seemed to want to hustle with me, but when push came to shove, @ChasingPaper

You've been here five years, mostly in the shadows. It's time to either put up or shut up.

Make it happen. Looking forward to your victory pictures.

@S&P
The dude constantly fighting, training, sprinting, lifting and sweating to improve his body does so because for many reasons. Having a good physique helps you win with the ladies. Having strength and power means you can take that shit-talkin' punk on the street and "fold his a$$ up on the concrete," as a buddy of mine hilariously puts it.

The same is true for money. The want and need for money is primal; it allows you to take care of what's really most important: your family, your friends, your loved ones, etc. That's the only reason you need to find a need. Don't get your reasons backwards. Don't get it twisted.

Anyway, I am exceedingly aware of the fact that, aside from @ChasingPaper, no one showed the professionalism, action and consistency necessary to win. Communicating with anyone on this forum is not going to make me any money. That's not a diss to anyone here; it's just a statement of fact.

On your marks. Get set. Go.

See you in a year.

PS. @ChasingPaper Go ahead and switch the style up, and if they hate them let em' hate and watch the money pile up.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This will, in fact, be my final post on this site UNTIL video evidence of our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ amount is posted.
That lasted all of two weeks, lol.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Lolz. You know, F*ck it. This competition includes everyone on this site. Period.

Race officially starts at noon (CST)... nine minutes from now. Hahaha... now this just got really fun.

D

DeletedUser394

Not much of a race when the only two declared entrants are apparently on the same team.

I hope the 'see you in a year' means you're actually gone for the next year. Doubt it though considering you couldn't even last 2 weeks in your self imposed exile.

Loving this ignore feature.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
AlterJoule is in it as well, I've been PM'd by couple people that want to join. Public race it is. See everyone at the top.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Am I? I said I'd be happy to do a competition. You said you'd give me details and rules. You said you guys didn't know if you were reporting via Skype or a through forum. I never received a thing... You just kept pushing it off...I expected that though.

Don't use my name in effort to show credibility or build your plan that hasn't even happened. I kept quiet from this thread so as not to offend or embarrass anyone. But until I get the details I've asked you to provide, I am not in.

It's simple. You guys want to race? OK let's do it. Put up or shut up. I got nothing from you guys so far.

I asked Uber genuinely what exactly he was trying to obtain or prove in hopes that maybe I could see some method to the madness....Guess what I got? ........Nothing.

So no, as of now I'm not in. I rose to the challenge and said "Sure, let's play." And I got crickets. So post the details. And I'll take you up on the competition.

And I'll give you quite the run for your money.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Am I? I said I'd be happy to do a competition. You said you'd give me details and rules. You said you guys didn't know if you were reporting via Skype or a through forum. I never received a thing... You just kept pushing it off...I expected that though.

Don't use my name in effort to show credibility or build your plan that hasn't even happened. I kept quiet from this thread so as not to offend or embarrass anyone. But until I get the details I've asked you to provide, I am not in.

It's simple. You guys want to race? OK let's do it. Put up or shut up. I got nothing from you guys so far.

I asked Uber genuinely what exactly he was trying to obtain or prove in hopes that maybe I could see some method to the madness....Guess what I got? ........Nothing.

So no, as of now I'm not in. I rose to the challenge and said "Sure, let's play." And I got crickets. So post the details. And I'll take you up on the competition.

Did you read the latest post...it's a public race now. You PM'd me saying you wanted in, if you would like me to show the PM's i'd be glad too. All proof will be posted on this forum. I need no credibility from you or anyone. The only credibility that will be accepted is proof of money earned from everyone in race. When a Lambo is posted here for proof and people want to join in then i'm going to LOL. If October 31st rolls around next year and I haven't made a dime you all can LOL. I don't care. I'm not worried.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Don't chase money, my friend. Chase value and money will flow. Don't take the bait. Do your thing.

The only person I compare myself to... is the person I was yesterday. The only sales I try and beat... are my own sales from last year.

I might never have as much money as Mark Cuban. You might never have as much money as me. There are several on the forum that have been posting here for years that will never have as much as you. It's not a competition. Don't let it become one.

Let self improvement drive you early on. Let world improvement (scale) drive you down the road once you get rolling.

Worry more about making a difference, and less about measuring your value based on the size of your bank account. I have enjoyed your posts way too much for you to get caught up in some internet pissing match.

Photoshop and a screen name let you be who ever you want to be. Don't be that. Be real. Be authentic. Don't get caught up in the drama, or you will miss the bigger picture.

Last edited:

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
People on here getting riled up over a friendly competition...SMH.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
People on here getting riled up over a friendly competition...SMH.

I think you are confusing people being riled up... with apathy. Nobody gives a shit about another declaration. Just get out there and make shit happen.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
I think you are confusing people being riled up... with apathy. Nobody gives a shit about another declaration. Just get out there and make shit happen.
Apathy huh? Yet your still posting here. Lol. Okay.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Apathy huh? Yet your still posting here. Lol. Okay.

?

I moderate this forum. I don't go away. I get paid way too much to use my ignore button. I work here.

I am interested in your thread much like someone would pay $2 to watch a freak show. You know there are better things for you to do than sit through a freak show, but it is just so damn interesting. Kind of like people who slow down to gawk at an accident.

Anyway, you are wasting time. Your contest with your friend has started. The clock is ticking. Go make shit happen. He's probably several phone calls ahead of you at this point.

D

DeletedUser394

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA this thread.

Vigilante, a bonafide successful all around individual is trying to help you. HE is where YOU want to be.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
This thread is full of testosterone spikes. rofl

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
In one of the Olympic Games, Ben Johnson used steroids and ran a 9.79. Carl Lewis came in second place and ran a 9.86. At the time, even 9.86 broke the incumbent world-record.

Test results later revealed that Ben Johnson had used steroids. It was an "unfair race," but you could make the argument that Johnson's superhuman performance pushed Lewis to break the record.

FYI, Usain Bolt's current world record is 9.58.

You're essentially saying people ahead of you are cheating. Not that they've been working at it years ahead of you, which is the core of my original post.

This competition includes everyone on this site. Period.

Everyone here is already in the race of life, that includes everybody (sidewalkers, fastlaners, slowlaners). Now stop shouting from the sidewalk how important you're going to be and do it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There is a guy here on the forum that is pretty quiet, and working on something world class. Nobody here knows about it. (It's not me, by the way.) He doesn't beat his chest about it. He has been working on it for over a year. He has invested almost everything he has in it. It was his own idea. It's far from simple. It will be nearly impossible to replicate.

While people talk about contests, action fakes, and other distractions, he has quietly been working his plan. Putting the pieces in place. Taking his 90,000 practice shots.

He's about to launch his beta test of a physical business. You'll never read about it in any newspaper. He'll never enter any contest.

However, he'll make it. He'll be able to drive a lambo before most, because he stuck to the disciplines of building a business. Tons of hurdles. Tons of sweat. Tons of time. Tons of mistakes. And now... roll out. And when it all clicks, you will probably never see a photo of him in his lambo because he probably will never post one. He doesn't need to.

Overnight success was probably 18 months in the making with 0 ROI.

There's a lot of cool people on this forum.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As you get older, you truly realize why they say youth is wasted on the youth.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
There is a guy here on the forum that is pretty quiet,
In my 'security' experience...the 'quiet ones' are the ones to keep an eye on....NOT the loud ones.

The loud ones are almost always just a distraction.

Personally, I like keeping under the radar and still being able to make an impact and help people.

I'm glad for him and glad to read your writings @Vigilante .

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
I truly don't see a need for a race. Race to $$$? I guess I'll go rob my local bank, so I can get the $1M by tomorrow.
One thing that I learned on this forum, is that making a million bucks is not about the money. The $1M+ is a consequence of some actions that have to be taken.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Huh. I thought those previous posts from Uber were his own words. I guess they were stories of other people's success (like about making 6 figures in an afternoon).

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Last edited by a moderator: