The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing Paper: Ubermen$ch Race

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GuestUser113

29943f11c0a07449f24476d91704db333c8f2f7b28434e5c0b8fd60533c776e0.jpg

launchign-creative-dramatic-chipmunk.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Yes, I am. My goal is to do so by time I am MJ's age when he sold his business. I have ~ 1.5 years to accomplish this.

If you think I'm not out here grinding, not making money, then you're simply wrong. Like a lot of people on this site, I work 80+ hours per week. During my off hours, I train intensely.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the responses I've gotten very well... there's really no empirical way for anyone to distinguish me from a troll, except for what I've posted on the forum about past success. Those successes came during multi-year hiatus from this site. I simply chose not to share them at the time, for many reasons.

For one, I don't consider making six-figures in a week or $48,000 in a month a major success. Even if I had posted pictures of my penthouse condo, and all of my designer shit, that wouldn't have been worth it to me. In my mind, the foundation of this site centers on a love for the finer things in life, particularly cars. So, especially because I was (sort of mis)quoted in the original book, I feel like I have a responsibility to post the sickest car ever made. The fact that I want a Bugatti shouldn't get everyone's panties in a bunch.

Man I used to think so much similar to the way you're talking... Then I grew up. (I'm 21 by the way)

All this talk of grinding and dollars, flashy bullshit, wealth, prosperity (I've bolded a few things in your language that I am attributing this to), you have it all freaking backwards man, and you'll get it someday, hopefully.

Two main problems with this:

1. All of this talk is just talk. Get off the sidewalk and get in the road
2. Money is a tool, and will not bring you success.

I don't care how much flashy shit you have. I don't care if your bank account has 100 more zeros in it than mine or anybody elses on this forum.

Here's a few important pieces I have learned to go from where I am in a frame of mind today, to where I was when I was in your shoes (Over the course of about 2 years in personal development)

• Money is a TOOL. It's a RESOURCE. That's IT. It does NOT bring you success. It for sure as hell doesn't bring you real happiness. Go read topics on this forum where there are plenty of people driving flashy cars and wearing flashy shit, and they aren't happy. The richest people are usually the most undercover guys you know.. They don't need a shiny belt buckle and a fat wallet loaded with cash to assure themselves they have 'succeeded' . There's a quote someone has in their sig that I saved today. It goes like this "Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give - pleasure, possessions, power - but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy." -Dada Vaswani
  • Comparing yourself to other people, with your statement about 1.5 years off the age when M.J made a million dollars, or even this entire thread, will put you in a *TERRIBLE* place. I see you 'train', and I briefly skimmed your 1st blog post, so i'm assuming by train you mean weight training. I've been weight lifting and bodybuilding since I was 16 years old, and I can tell you from personal experience (and i'm sure you can attest to it yourself), if you constantly compare yourself to other people you will never be happy and you will always be frustrated because there's always someone better, someone who can bench more, someone who is bigger than you, faster, stronger, someone with a shiner belt, a fatter watch, a faster car, etc. The day you realize it's yourself versus yourself is the day you become a man. You are only up against YOU.
  • Your language in the above statements TELLS ME where your focus is, and it's on all the flashy bullshit. You need to do some soul searching and really grasp the concept of "it's not about materialistic things in this world" and "it aint all about me" to understand this. For me it took a year of solitude, meditation, and asking myself a lot of questions and really searching for answers. It took mentors, books, listening to people who are where I want to be in life, and I don't mean that in a material object or wealth manner. I mean that in a level of how they conduct themselves, how they make other people feel, and their contributions to the world. When I read each and every one of your posts, all I hear is the selfishness of how much money you want to make for your own personal gratitude. Nobody, and i mean nobody will want to do business with you if that's how you come across to them, and don't think you can mask it because it will come out in your language.
  • Making a contribution, as many legendary members on here have pointed out, is what it's about. It's not about *ME* it's about *WE*. I haven't seen you add any value in any of your posts, especially in this thread. In fact, you're de-valuing this forum by clogging it up with bullshit, because I felt I wasted 10 minutes reading this thread, and for everyone on this forum, time is the most valuable asset that cannot be bought back. Once it's gone it's gone. I especially feel bad for the moderators who have to skim this bullshit to make sure the forum stays up to par. It's an utter waste, and it's utter bullshit.
Until you can grasp that, you will continue to be struck with failure, lack of success, lack of peers, and a lack of happiness. You can have all the money and the world and you will be alone and frustrated sitting in your Bugatti, asking yourself if this is what success looks like (Or maybe lying to yourself and saying it is)

I wish you luck and I hope you do some soul searching and look back at this one day and really get it.. You're still young, so I take it you'll figure it out someday

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
WWD_Ornithocheirus.jpg

I bring you...ORNITHOCHEIRUS!!! the majestic king of the skies
Man I used to think so much similar to the way you're talking... Then I grew up. (I'm 21 by the way)

All this talk of grinding and dollars, flashy bullshit, wealth, prosperity (I've bolded a few things in your language that I am attributing this to), you have it all freaking backwards man, and you'll get it someday, hopefully.

Two main problems with this:

1. All of this talk is just talk. Get off the sidewalk and get in the road
2. Money is a tool, and will not bring you success.

I don't care how much flashy shit you have. I don't care if your bank account has 100 more zeros in it than mine or anybody elses on this forum.

Here's a few important pieces I have learned to go from where I am in a frame of mind today, to where I was when I was in your shoes (Over the course of about 2 years in personal development)

• Money is a TOOL. It's a RESOURCE. That's IT. It does NOT bring you success. It for sure as hell doesn't bring you real happiness. Go read topics on this forum where there are plenty of people driving flashy cars and wearing flashy shit, and they aren't happy. The richest people are usually the most undercover guys you know.. They don't need a shiny belt buckle and a fat wallet loaded with cash to assure themselves they have 'succeeded' . There's a quote someone has in their sig that I saved today. It goes like this "Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give - pleasure, possessions, power - but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy." -Dada Vaswani
  • Comparing yourself to other people, with your statement about 1.5 years off the age when M.J made a million dollars, or even this entire thread, will put you in a *TERRIBLE* place. I see you 'train', and I briefly skimmed your 1st blog post, so i'm assuming by train you mean weight training. I've been weight lifting and bodybuilding since I was 16 years old, and I can tell you from personal experience (and i'm sure you can attest to it yourself), if you constantly compare yourself to other people you will never be happy and you will always be frustrated because there's always someone better, someone who can bench more, someone who is bigger than you, faster, stronger, someone with a shiner belt, a fatter watch, a faster car, etc. The day you realize it's yourself versus yourself is the day you become a man. You are only up against YOU.
  • Your language in the above statements TELLS ME where your focus is, and it's on all the flashy bullshit. You need to do some soul searching and really grasp the concept of "it's not about materialistic things in this world" and "it aint all about me" to understand this. For me it took a year of solitude, meditation, and asking myself a lot of questions and really searching for answers. It took mentors, books, listening to people who are where I want to be in life, and I don't mean that in a material object or wealth manner. I mean that in a level of how they conduct themselves, how they make other people feel, and their contributions to the world. When I read each and every one of your posts, all I hear is the selfishness of how much money you want to make for your own personal gratitude. Nobody, and i mean nobody will want to do business with you if that's how you come across to them, and don't think you can mask it because it will come out in your language.
  • Making a contribution, as many legendary members on here have pointed out, is what it's about. It's not about *ME* it's about *WE*. I haven't seen you add any value in any of your posts, especially in this thread. In fact, you're de-valuing this forum by clogging it up with bullshit, because I felt I wasted 10 minutes reading this thread, and for everyone on this forum, time is the most valuable asset that cannot be bought back. Once it's gone it's gone. I especially feel bad for the moderators who have to skim this bullshit to make sure the forum stays up to par. It's an utter waste, and it's utter bullshit.
Until you can grasp that, you will continue to be struck with failure, lack of success, lack of peers, and a lack of happiness. You can have all the money and the world and you will be alone and frustrated sitting in your Bugatti, asking yourself if this is what success looks like (Or maybe lying to yourself and saying it is)

I wish you luck and I hope you do some soul searching and look back at this one day and really get it.. You're still young, so I take it you'll figure it out someday

"I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all hours of the waking day to making money for money's sake" -J.D. Rockefellar

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
I believe Ubermensch can achieve the Bugatti or whatever super-car he desires.

The question is why?

Why do you want the supercar? It's just a car after all.

You can set yourself up financially to live well for the rest of your live and perhaps even generations to come with your funds and income streams. There are no guarantees in life. Call me a bit conservative here but what if a trauma occurs and you were unable to work? What if someone sues you into oblivion? and 100 different scenarios where your health and wealth can be taken away.

That car just paints yourself as a giant target IMO and will attract the wrong type of people into your life. Goldiggers etc.

Wouldn't you want to protect your wealth and stretch it over a lifetime?

Demarco talks about wealth giving you the 3 F's

Freedom, Family, Fitness.

You have the funds to enjoy all that and will continue to for the rest of your life, hopefully.

My post is just a point of view. Ultimately people will do whatever they want for whatever reason because they can.
If you are rich you can do whatever the F you wanna do. BTW you can protect your wealth even if you own a supercar...
If you have enough money to buy a Bugatti then you have enough money to protect yourself.
Just my 2 cents.

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
1) Where's the pudding ? o_O
2) @ChrisJHarrington ... I'm thinking if you're really 21...you've been reincarnated. :eek: I mean...who at your age knows that stuff ? Good stuff by the way !

Haha I can assure you I am 21. Been working with a life coach and mentor for about 6 years now. Didn't really get started in the business piece until I was around 17 years old, and I didn't get started on the personal development piece until I was around 19.

D

DeletedUser394

1) Where's the pudding ? o_O

'The proof is in the pudding.' is an old expression. I'm not even sure what it means to be honest, but it's quite a popular phrase where I'm from.

@Vigilante asked where's the proof? So I said it's in the pudding :)

The original saying is: 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'... but I have never heard anyone use that one.. most people say 'The proof is in the pudding.'

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
This will, in fact, be my final post on this site UNTIL video evidence of our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ amount is posted.

much of this gym advice would be fit for your big empty words:

to not waste your time because you may be busy, this is a shorter version:

tYW4Uh6[1].gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

@ChasingPaper

Bro, this guy is right. He's so smart. Definitely smarter than me and you.

Seriously, bro. He's right. Forget the Lamborghini. MJ was dumb for buying one, and we are both dumb for wanting to buy one. Jokes on him and everyone else who bought a nice whip.

We should definitely lower our ambitions.

Dude, we had it freaking backwards the whole time. Silly us for listening to morons like Gordon Gekko.

(Instead, we should listen to the haters in this thread. Funny how the haters come in and hate, while simultaneously denying the existence of hate, eh?

Funny how people who don't know us - like we know us - like to talk a lot of ish about who will be successful and who won't... they're doing a lot of assuming, aren't they brother? They're assuming we aren't working together behind the scenes. They're assuming I haven't made any paper yet...

Heh-heh-heh... but you've seen the pictures of the racks...)

Time to switch the plan, bro. Stop making phone calls. No more voice mails. That excitement from successful calls you had yesterday? Means nothing.

Last edited:
D

DeletedUser394

Never could understand people that act arrogant when they can't back it up with anything other than words. Hollow people. Or as we say in conservative country, big hat, no cattle.

@ChrisJHarrington's advice was on point. He wasn't even being mean, his post is actually helpful (for the rest of us anyway).

Still waiting for those lambo pics.. oh right, there isn't one.

Pro tip #1, register a freaking domain for $10. People still use free blogspot? LOL

You made $100k on a phone call (or whatever the number was that you chose to invent out of thin air.. I can't remember). Spend $10 for crying out loud.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Never could understand people that act arrogant when they can't back it up with anything other than. Hollow people. Or as we say in conservative country, big hat, no cattle.

Never could understand people that act arrogant when they can't back it up with anything other than words. Hollow people. Or as we say in conservative country, big hat, no cattle.

Never could understand why people misidentify uber-confidence as "arrogance." More so, I could never understand why this bothers some people so much. @ChasingPaper LOL. Why he so mad bro? This cat is grumpy for real! lmfao

I mean, damn bro. If you hate my posts so much, then stop reading them! Leave them to motivate my brothers who are out here chasing paper in the real world on the daily. Let me say that again. If you hate my posts so much, don't read em'. Leave them to the people who send me private messages, talking to me in real life and doing real business. If you're getting all butt-hurt over the fact that I haven't posted pics of my sick garage, get over it. The fact is, I'm working on it. I'm working on it in my own way. I'm out here grinding. I'm actually making money. You don't have to like that, and you don't have to like me.

And you may have figured out by now that I don't care. Vigilante? Maybe I care what he thinks, because I hear he has a legitimate biz. You know what I see his constant pestering me as? Motivation. Lol. Even though it's just kinda lame internet drama, at the end of the day, I want to be able to say "I told you so" (respectfully, believe it or not) to anyone and everyone.

At the end of the day, these posts serve a purpose.

@ChasingPaper Stop me if I'm lying brother.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You know what I hope? More than anything for you? I hope you come in here some day and post pics of the stacks. Not because I give a shit, but because I want you to win. I want you to be real. I want you to say "I told you so" and mean it and back it up. I still believe it is out there to be taken. I think you can take it. I've been flat broke, on my back, can't breathe, can't eat.

And I got back up again. So yeah, I want you to prove me wrong. That will be a GOOD day for me, not a bad day.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014

Still waiting for those lambo pics.. oh right, there isn't one.

Pro tip #1, register a freaking domain for $10. People still use free blogspot? LOL

Spend $10 for crying out loud.

Why'd you post this? Just curious...seems like some hating man.

D

DeletedUser394

Why'd you post this? Just curious...seems like some hating man.

Because it's the truth?

It's the same bs with this guy.

Ten times he says he's gone, ten times he comes back a day later.

He's also bs'ing pretty hard considering he never backs up any of his statements with facts. Never once, not in the history of his existence has he brought forth any proof for his outlandish claims.

If you want to know how it's done, @Kid Money took ten seconds and provided proof for his claims, which changed the tone and shut everyone up pretty quickly, myself included. I have major respect for him, whereas previously I and everyone else thought he was just like uber.

Then we have uber. He comes in here, no respect for MJ, no respect for any established member, discounts everyone's helpful advice with his arrogance (there is a fine line between proper confidence, and being obscenely arrogant, but we've long ago crossed that threshold here.) This is a business forum for crying out loud, and his profile picture is a selfie of him lifting up his shirt. This is what prepubescent boys did back in middle school because they thought it meant something.

No proof, no substance, just hype and words. No action steps, no progress, only words. Words, words, words. Haven't you (uber) learned from your hip hop icons that Talk is Cheap?

He is right about one thing though, I need to distance myself from this thread. He serves no purpose. Eventually he'll fall away into irrelevance.

If people enjoy reading fiction, then it's not my place to judge.

Makes 100k or whatever, can't afford to buy a real domain name. Seems legit.

Have fun.

G

GuestUser113

Because it's the truth?

It's the same bs with this guy.

Ten times he says he's gone, ten times he comes back a day later.

He's also bs'ing pretty hard considering he never backs up any of his statements with facts. Never once, not in the history of his existence has he brought forth any proof for his outlandish claims.

If you want to know how it's done, @Kid Money took ten seconds and provided proof for his claims, which changed the tone and shut everyone up pretty quickly, myself included. I have major respect for him, whereas previously I and everyone else thought he was just like uber.

Then we have uber. He comes in here, no respect for MJ, no respect for any established member, discounts everyone's helpful advice with his arrogance (there is a fine line between proper confidence, and being obscenely arrogant, but we've long ago crossed that threshold here.) This is a business forum for crying out loud, and his profile picture is a selfie of him lifting up his shirt. This is what prepubescent boys did back in middle school because they thought it meant something.

No proof, no substance, just hype and words. No action steps, no progress, only words. Words, words, words. Haven't you (uber) learned from your hip hop icons that Talk is Cheap?

He is right about one thing though, I need to distance myself from this thread. He serves no purpose. Eventually he'll fall away into irrelevance.

If people enjoy reading fiction, then it's not my place to judge.

Makes 100k or whatever, can't afford to buy a real domain name. Seems legit.

Have fun.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Never could understand why people misidentify uber-confidence as "arrogance." More so, I could never understand why this bothers some people so much. @ChasingPaper LOL. Why he so mad bro? This cat is grumpy for real! lmfao

I mean, damn bro. If you hate my posts so much, then stop reading them! Leave them to motivate my brothers who are out here chasing paper in the real world on the daily. Let me say that again. If you hate my posts so much, don't read em'. Leave them to the people who send me private messages, talking to me in real life and doing real business. If you're getting all butt-hurt over the fact that I haven't posted pics of my sick garage, get over it. The fact is, I'm working on it. I'm working on it in my own way. I'm out here grinding. I'm actually making money. You don't have to like that, and you don't have to like me.

And you may have figured out by now that I don't care. Vigilante? Maybe I care what he thinks, because I hear he has a legitimate biz. You know what I see his constant pestering me as? Motivation. Lol. Even though it's just kinda lame internet drama, at the end of the day, I want to be able to say "I told you so" (respectfully, believe it or not) to anyone and everyone.

At the end of the day, these posts serve a purpose.

@ChasingPaper Stop me if I'm lying brother.

You'll learn someday, hopefully sooner then later. I wish you the best of luck. You have not a clue what success means, or how to be successful. Really a shame too when there's so many guys a thousand times more successful than you on this forum that you are literally *SURROUNDED by* and yet choose to ignore so you can 'chase your paper'

Good luck in your 'chasing paper'. This is your thread, so i'll respect your ignorance and stop posting in it. If you're immature enough you'll probably try to diss or burn me or prove yourself a 'man' by replying to this with a bunch of crap, antagonizing me to comment back. I'm the bigger man though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!