The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Z**** Changed How I View The World

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Hey Z, I'm not writing to ask you for any favors, I just wanted to let you know that you've made an impact on my life through your presence on MJ's forum.

I've had many failures and a few small successes so far in my journey. The point when things began to really stick in my brain was when I humbled myself and really started taking your words to heart. I got tired of failing while trying to do things in a way that I thought was best so I put the ego aside and soaked up your words to the core.

Many moons ago you said, "Learn to write copy and you will have a license to print money. Learn Dan Kennedy's systems and the money will print itself". You didn't say why or how it would give me that license, but I trusted your wisdom. Immediately after that, I made a promise to study and hand write John Carlton and Gary Halbert's work every day for 90 days. I was hooked on it because I realized that not only does it teach you how to sell, it also teaches you how to become a better entrepreneur.

It helps you create better products, find needs/solutions to those needs, and overcome objections. It has also impacted how I speak with others and how I handle personal situations. Powerful stuff. I think the most unusual impact it has had is that I no longer care about making money as much as wanting to solve the pains of business owners.

Learning to write copy has given me the confidence to pick up the phone and start reaching out to people. Face to face. No more hiding behind the safety of a computer. Next week I'll be sitting in on business meetings and shadowing people throughout their day, hoping to find pains in their business that can be solved with software. From there, I will outsource the development of the software overseas. Hopefully within 6-12 months I will have a fully running business.

Z, you're a hero to me. A legend among legends. A sumo wrestler in a room full of skinny kids. Shout-out to all the other heroes on here too...MJ, JackEdwards, Vigilante, biophase, Snowbank, Russ, Globalwealth, Rickson9, SteveO, AroundTheWorld, I'm sure I'm forgetting some other ones too but you know who you are.2013-12-17 15.48.56 (Small).jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Great post.

I think we can all learn something from how Zen conducts himself on this forum as well as with mentoring people through skype and other means. Hes extremely generous with his time whether thats meeting in person with entrepreneurs at his office, showing up on weekly skype calls, teaching people on here or allowing individuals to personally shadow him and learn his process.

Thanks Zen,

Mbc

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 22, 2013
Montreal
Great post.

I think we can all learn something from how Zen conducts himself on this forum as well as with mentoring people through skype and other means. Hes extremely generous with his time whether thats meeting in person with entrepreneurs at his office, showing up on weekly skype calls, teaching people on here or allowing individuals to personally shadow him and learn his process.

Thanks Zen,

Agreed, Zen is the man.

KC Dash

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 10, 2008
Dallas
I agree. I have learned a tremendous amount by reading zen' s posts. I would hate to guess how many people he has impacted on this site alone!

International

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Oct 2, 2013
I've been a lurker for ages and the primary reason why I have decided to create an account and the reason why I love this forum is because most of the people here understand direct response copywriting and marketing and how much leverage these things can give you :) haha

Arman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Dec 6, 2013
Tangerang, Indonesia
Many moons ago you said, "Learn to write copy and you will have a license to print money. Learn Dan Kennedy's systems and the money will print itself".
View attachment 6500

This thread is so relevant to my situation.
Which Dan Kennedy System? I search for the thread where zen******* said that, but I can't find it/

D

DeletedUser2

Arnold321

THINK BIG
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jan 21, 2014
Norway
I made a promise to study and hand write John Carlton and Gary Halbert's work every day for 90 days.
Can you tell me the name of their books? I found the John Carlotn's book name is "kickass copywriting secrets of a marketing rebel" and Gary Halbert's Born letters. I that right?

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Can you tell me the name of their books? I found the John Carlotn's book name is "kickass copywriting secrets of a marketing rebel" and Gary Halbert's Born letters. I that right?

A better route would probably be to join the 30 day Gary Halbert Challenge here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/

Just be careful that it doesn't become a distraction from taking action because for the majority it will probably take more than 30 days to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
Just be careful that it doesn't become a distraction from taking action because for the majority it will probably take more than 30 days to accomplish.

I have to expand the challenge myself. I'm making into a 30-60min a day for 1000 days challenge. Doing it in thirty days will make you a damn good copywriter. But I am going to dig a little deeper and write million dollar copy....

Arnold321

THINK BIG
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jan 21, 2014
Norway
A better route would probably be to join the 30 day Gary Halbert Challenge here:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/com...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/
I doubt it's possible in 30 days, unless you do nothing else but learn copywriting everyday and read the books from the list, not to mention read twice and make notes :)

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I doubt it's possible in 30 days, unless you do nothing else but learn copywriting everyday and read the books from the list, not to mention read twice and make notes :)

It's possible. You just have to be a mindless drone and use speed speed speed. I dedicated 2 hours a day and speed through 60% in 2 1/2 weeks. You might be reading and writing like a mechanical drone to get it done. But that was sort of the concept Gary wanted it in your subconscious mind. I'm pretty sure this guy knew a little sum-in sum-in about how the subconscious works.

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I doubt it's possible in 30 days, unless you do nothing else but learn copywriting everyday and read the books from the list, not to mention read twice and make notes

I tell people to take some daily action while doing the challenge...this pretty much guarantees that they won't complete it in 30 days. Conditioning the mind to understand and write copy is the easy part...the difficult mental conditioning IMO is learning not to give a shit and stop fearing the consequence. JasonR told me that something like 4% of humans fully lose their fear.

I thought that I was living rather fearlessly until I took some time to reflect deeply on my life.

cristian tello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 11, 2013
India
I doubt it's possible in 30 days, unless you do nothing else but learn copywriting everyday and read the books from the list, not to mention read twice and make notes
it could be possible if you have no job/college and you decide to live,breath and eat only copywriting for 30 days
i could only read 2 1/2 books in 30 days so i am instead going to complete the challenge in a year

Arnold321

THINK BIG
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jan 21, 2014
Norway
It's possible. You just have to be a mindless drone and use speed speed speed.
Yes you can do it like this, but i prefer to make sense of what i read rather than just to pass everything through. Of course your subconsciousness grabs everything you read and it doesn't matter you get it or not at the time you read it. But you have to make notes as well, well at least something.. The golden nuggets, for yourself, at least that's what i do. I don't know maybe i will be able to do it in 30 days, i'm just guessing it should be hard. Well i'll let you know after 30 days :)

S

stranger

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ert-30-day-challenge-copywriting-group.50217/

I hope to join the 30 day G. Halbert ASAP. I just have to finish an article for 1 company. So, I want to join the Challenge to improve my writing skill. I only write on 1 topic. Ice is right - without taking action that challenge is just an empty business.

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks for this thread. Short and very inspiring!
I start learning process today.

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Dec 15, 2013
Thank you for this thread. I did read this before but never really took the advice.

Lets go!

http://imgur.com/mHQ6OAo

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Thank you for this thread. I did read this before but never really took the advice.

Nice one, my brother! Your post reminded me of my younger self. I'd read the advice, know what I needed to do, but took forever to really take the advice. Action fake.

When I got older I learned to just take the advice and trust things would work out.

Stay focused, keep executing forward, and I'll see you at the ice cream party.:tiphat:

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Great thread

Whats your best tips for newbies learning copywriting? can you recommend the 30 day Gary Halbert challenge?
How do you find your first client, get a job etc when you have learned to copywrite?

Thoelk

Artificial Psycho
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 18, 2014
Belgium
Great thread

Whats your best tips for newbies learning copywriting? can you recommend the 30 day Gary Halbert challenge?
How do you find your first client, get a job etc when you have learned to copywrite?

Why would you want a job as a copywriter, whilst learning about it on this forum?
Copywriting is a skill you should learn and use to your advantage, for your own business(es). If you've read TMF and came to the conclusion that a job as copy writer is the "holy grail", you're missing the bigger picture!

Great ways to learn it are: the challenge, copywriting your own products (test out different writings AND get the results yourself), reading books (from the Challenge, Cashvertising etc.), find an experienced copy writer where you can learn things from (an internship).

How to find your own clients? Go on e-lance and search for people who need copy writers, make an advert that you're selling your service... You'll get the most honest/harsh feedback from clients! :) OR just offer your services for free to people you know and/or people you don't know, make it a free offer "because you're learning/you want honest feedback as a payment, to improve your copy writing".

Just like about anything in life: you can answer almost all questions yourself, if you're not afraid of looking for the answers (by yourself).

Best of luck with your copy writing-adventure!

IceCreamKid

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
How has your world Changed in the last month Ice Cream Kid? knowing what you can do now?

Z

I contemplated whether I should respond to this right now or after our phone call tomorrow, but I figured I’ll update now then do it again later.

So how has my world changed in the last month? Hmmm quite a few.

Honestly, my initial impression before jumping into the guppy tank was that I would learn a few marketing strategies for Amazon and be done with it. What I didn’t realize was that I was about to step onto a high speed treadmill for becoming an overall better person, entrepreneur, and friend.

I learned to let go of my hesitation to reach out for help from mentors. I formerly would try out all of my options first before finally asking for help. I felt bad asking for help because I didn’t want to look like a lazy douchebag who wants all of the steps handed to him. I have to thank the monarch butterfly for this. She’s neat.

I’m learning to condition my brain to solve problems from multiple angles through the use of oblique strategies. It’s like a muscle that can be strengthened over time.

I realized the world is a massively abundant place and that failure is inevitable if you understand the PROCESS and what it takes to get to the other side. One of my biggest mindset shifts in the past month has been this: letting go of the need to be profitable on the first try.

Being in the red would formerly bug the HELL out of me. It would cause stress, anxiety, procrastination, all this negative shit. What I realize now is this: you dump money into a new business, but not with the focus of profiting straight out of the gate. The mindset is that you are simply BUYING DATA and wanting to find out if the business is worth your time.

As you do larger things, you will be able to dump more money, faster. Then test. If it doesn’t work, kill it and move on. If yes, nail and scale. You cannot make more time, but you can always make more money.

If one keeps stepping up to the plate and testing/batting, he will eventually hit a home run. It is not a question of IF, but a question of WHEN. You will gain freedom from a job by default if you continue this strategy. It may not happen on the 1st or 2nd try, but it will inevitably happen.

I learned that you don’t even need to create your own product to make millions. I’ve subconsciously known this in my heart to be true, but when you see it in action with people that you speak with regularly then the knowledge takes on a whole new look and color. Marketing is the kingpin. Learning to generate traffic, build funnels, create a fan base.

I learned that I am far more effective when I'm working in a state where my head is congruent with my heart. When those 2 are not in line with each other, it's like asking Shaq to play point-guard. Like asking a monk to work for Wall Street. Like asking a young Jimi Hendrix to be an accountant.

I learned how to approach suppliers like a professional does. The professional always considers the needs of the supplier while the rookie is focused on only himself and how cheaply he can acquire products. The pro is willing to pay more than average in the beginning in order to build a long term relationship with the supplier because it eventually will benefit both parties down the road as you scale.

I learned how effective it is to travel in a wolf pack. In the areas where I may be weak at, another wolf can help out because it is his strengths. The end result is you move faster and higher as a wolf pack.

I learned some awesome habits. Having a to-do list tailored to individual steps on an excel spreadsheet has proven very effective. Creating goals for the week on Sundays has proven effective. Having beginning of the week conference calls on Monday and end of the week calls on Friday have proven effective. Killer habits!

I can’t say enough good things about the guppy tank. Everybody in there is neat. Before the tank started, I felt that Z was the unapproachable wizard of oz, but now I realize he's actually a really cool and casual wizard...with socks. Super neat.

Thank you Z, Miss T, and Monarch Butterfly for setting up the tank. I feel incredibly blessed to be given such a gift and can’t wait to share my gifts with the world.

Oztrepreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 9, 2013
I learned that you don’t even need to create your own product to make millions. I’ve subconsciously known this in my heart to be true, but when you see it in action with people that you speak with regularly then the knowledge takes on a whole new look and color. Marketing is the kingpin. Learning to generate traffic, build funnels, create a fan base.

I've often thought this as well ICK. Mentioned in another post that there really is no real USP for some products, the only real thing diffentiatig them is marketing and brand image. I wonder how many ideas get passed up because we are so fixated with solving some unique problem or providing value that has never been provided or thinking we need some huge USP....when perhaps we could find something in the big niches, try brand it yourself and market it repetitively...

Again I am a complete novice but take for example a company in Aus Mimco that started a range of womens handbags. Yes they were her unique designs but essentially nothing different except how it was branded and marketed as exclusive/luxury etc etc. Big markets but how do you nudge your way i amongst the huge competitors!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.