The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Youtube channel growth

Marketing, social media, advertising

Hwil4321

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi all,

I have a property development, lettings and management company, I recently started a youtube channel to get my name out there as a competitor I know of has around 2000 subscribers and has people contacting him to invest their money. I am wondering if anyone knows any hacks on how to grow your channel with real people?

I have just passed 1k Instagram followers using followliker which is amazing as I get real targeted people with almost zero effort. However, youtube seems like more of a hard slog.

So far in my search, posting high quality 10min+ videos on a regular schedule seems like the only option, but it kind of sucks as I am spending hours on hours filming and editing with zero guarantee people will watch it, so far 2 videos released and I only have 12 subscribers that came from posting in property groups ad friends.

My current strategy is just to slog out the videos with hope, whilst building up my Instagram and getting SEO done on my website to help direct views to the videos and ceiling around people to each page.

Any type of advice would be amazing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi all,

I have a property development, lettings and management company, I recently started a youtube channel to get my name out there as a competitor I know of has around 2000 subscribers and has people contacting him to invest their money. I am wondering if anyone knows any hacks on how to grow your channel with real people?

I have just passed 1k Instagram followers using followliker which is amazing as I get real targeted people with almost zero effort. However, youtube seems like more of a hard slog.

So far in my search, posting high quality 10min+ videos on a regular schedule seems like the only option, but it kind of sucks as I am spending hours on hours filming and editing with zero guarantee people will watch it, so far 2 videos released and I only have 12 subscribers that came from posting in property groups ad friends.

My current strategy is just to slog out the videos with hope, whilst building up my Instagram and getting SEO done on my website to help direct views to the videos and ceiling around people to each page.

Any type of advice would be amazing.
Quite a few YouTube progress threads in here.

This one stands out:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My personal thoughts...

Why not just run ads? On Google, Facebook, YouTube, and anywhere else your market hangs out.

I started messing with YouTube but couldn't be bothered creating videos for the sake of growing the number of subscribers. Subscriber numbers are meaningless to me. What's more interesting is how many enquiries, bookings, sales, etc that I can get from YouTube.

So on YouTube, consider creating a "commercial" video with a call-to-action and put some ad spend behind it, with the goal being to get someone to your page to take some action?

Here was my progress thread where I came to that conclusion:

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
From all my research I've found that youtube is a tough slog at the start - unless you have content that can go viral. My stuff is all tutorials for Ecommerce store owners and I am prepared for the first 4-6 months of very minimal traction. You gotta keep at it to see any results.
Here's what I'm doing (if that helps):
  • Doing all scripting, filming etc in batches. So I can film 8-10 videos in one day/session.
  • Do a lot of keyword research and plan out the titles/descriptions/content before you hit record. this makes it way easier
  • Have a content management system (simple google sheet) so I can track the stages of all these videos
You've probably seen my thread but check it out anyway,
EXECUTION - Ecom Youtube Challenge - Building a channel with 120 videos in 120 days
I'll follow along your journey too! Really keen to see what you do with your channel, let's trade strategies as we go.
Don't give up after a few videos! Keep going, this stuff takes time. Once you create the video and publish it, it becomes a consistent traffic-generating asset. It will keep sending views your way every month for the next couple of years. Imagine if you built up an army of these videos? This is why it gets easier because they all compound on one another.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
Are we allowed to post links to videos in say, facebook groups, instagram, on other ppl's youtube videos, etc.

How much is considered spam / against regulations?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.