- Joined
- Mar 20, 2019
- Messages
- 59
Rep Bank
$315
$315
User Power: 73%
Hey guys,
I know ideas are worthless and you can pretty much be successful with almost anything as long as it's "packedged" correctly and the timing is right.
So I had an idea for a job board, not only while I was applying for jobs, but also when I was looking for a team member in my company. Received 50-60 applications and I said to my cousin "it would be such a big help if I could hear the applicants speak for just 5 seconds so I can get a feel for them".
Short description (used ChatGPT here to sum it up): Instead of relying only on resumés and cover letters, applicants introduce themselves through short video or audio pitches, answering to a prompt. They only have to record it once and include it next to their CV in their profile.
Which companies is the board for? Mainly for jobs where soft skills are very important. Sales, marketing, management, consulting, boutiques/ fancy shopping malls, hotels.
Benefits for applicants:
- able to get higher paying jobs he/she wouldn't get through traditional applications
- stand out with your personality & motivation instead of just a resumé
- get your pitch discovered directly by companies in the talent pool
Benefits for companies:
- access a pool of motivated candidates ready to go the extra-mile and pitch themselves
- identify soft skills and cultural fit early through personal pitches
- save time by skipping unnecessary phone screenings
- attract overlooked but high-potential talent that would have no chance because their CVs aren't "perfect"
Business model: Yearly subscription for companies. Startups and small-revenue-companies get free access.
Question 1: What do you think about it from a business owner's perspective and from an applicant's perspective?
Question 2: How would you market it? And do you have other thoughts?
Please give me your honest opinion. Can't hurt my feelings
If you're looking for ideas, feel free to steal it. Maybe we can buy each other out in the future haha
Thanks!
I know ideas are worthless and you can pretty much be successful with almost anything as long as it's "packedged" correctly and the timing is right.
So I had an idea for a job board, not only while I was applying for jobs, but also when I was looking for a team member in my company. Received 50-60 applications and I said to my cousin "it would be such a big help if I could hear the applicants speak for just 5 seconds so I can get a feel for them".
Short description (used ChatGPT here to sum it up): Instead of relying only on resumés and cover letters, applicants introduce themselves through short video or audio pitches, answering to a prompt. They only have to record it once and include it next to their CV in their profile.
Which companies is the board for? Mainly for jobs where soft skills are very important. Sales, marketing, management, consulting, boutiques/ fancy shopping malls, hotels.
Benefits for applicants:
- able to get higher paying jobs he/she wouldn't get through traditional applications
- stand out with your personality & motivation instead of just a resumé
- get your pitch discovered directly by companies in the talent pool
Benefits for companies:
- access a pool of motivated candidates ready to go the extra-mile and pitch themselves
- identify soft skills and cultural fit early through personal pitches
- save time by skipping unnecessary phone screenings
- attract overlooked but high-potential talent that would have no chance because their CVs aren't "perfect"
Business model: Yearly subscription for companies. Startups and small-revenue-companies get free access.
Question 1: What do you think about it from a business owner's perspective and from an applicant's perspective?
Question 2: How would you market it? And do you have other thoughts?
Please give me your honest opinion. Can't hurt my feelings
If you're looking for ideas, feel free to steal it. Maybe we can buy each other out in the future haha
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
