- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
This is a post copied from something I wrote somewhere else - about the importance of taking action on opportunities when they come your way.
Do you know when successful people set their New Years Resolutions?
Right now.
Yes, it's a scientifically proven fact, and this is why Right Now is important for you.
On November 19th of every year, at the exact moment you are reading this right now, the top 500 most
successful people on this planet are setting and (actually) achieving their goals in life.
Why November 19th?
Because November 19th is right now (the time I wrote this).
In my first book, I titled one chapter "The Doing-Now CEO".
In 2013, I was at an entrepreneur conference in Albuquerque when the CEO of a successful company was
mentoring one of the newer guys; telling him to make a specific phone call for a potential partnership.
The newer guy smiled, nodded his head, and said that it was a good idea.
The CEO got filled with anger and stormed out of the room in frustration...
Three minutes later, he comes back in and hands his cell phone to the young entrepreneur.
"I have Kevin, the owner of ________ on the phone, ready to talk about the partnership agreement that
we mentioned.", the CEO said, handing over the phone.
Let's attack this one from all angles:
1. Practical Action - If you want to get in shape, you're going to have to hit the gym. The more you do the
things you need to do, This doing leads to having.
Imagine how much you can accomplish in the next 41 days if you take one solid hour per day committed
towards the thing that is most important to you in your life.
2. Human Behavior - The part of your brain that is responsible for action only operates in the present moment. If you say you're going to go to the gym "tomorrow", tomorrow will be pushed forward into the indefinite future.
Translation: You'll be programming yourself for failure if you put things off until tomorrow.
3. The Power of The Universe - I've learned a lot about The Power of The Universe lately. And not only did I learn it, but I took action on what I learned, when I learned it - so I noticed some pretty amazing results.
In one book, or was it a seminar I went to...I forget.
I think I was sitting in a personal development seminar, and the instructor was on stage, presenting in a Hawaiian T-shirt, talking about energy dripping down to earth from some higher dimension.
Crazy, right? I mean, why would he be wearing a Hawaiian T shirt on stage?
Anyhow, he was standing up there, speaking about when you set a goal for yourself, and imagine that The Universe orchestrates events that unfold outside of you - you'll begin to notice that opportunities are already in front of you, setting you up for success.
He said "The energy drips down into our universe on Earth for a brief moment, and it's standing there waiting for you to act on it.
When you set the goal, the opportunity that is about to come your way is the very thing that will guarantee to get you there.
If you don't act on this upcoming opportunity, right now, the energy will retract back to a higher dimension, and it will go away.
Missed opportunities...
Since we live in a world of abundance, it's honestly not a big deal if you don't act on this one, because you will still have these goals for yourself and that simply means an even greater opportunity will come your way next week.
But what happens when the universe notices that you are not acting on these opportunities in the very moment they come to you?
The universe gets the message, and they go away.
So if you don't act on these things right now or next week - you're setting yourself up for failure and regret."
What he talked about seemed unusually phrased at first, but when I practiced this in my own life, amazing results happened.
The other day, I committed to helping more people achieve their goals in life this year.
I'm traveling through Europe for the remainder of the year and I just arrived in Amsterdam, Netherlands a few days ago. The moment I got in, my friend messaged me saying that my Udemy courses are going on sale for real cheap this week and I should send out an email to my email newsletter offering the discount.
So I sent out an email linking to my discounted courses, and 47 people registered for them on the first day.
$470 in sales - because I acted on the advice that came in front of me right now.
(edited this paragraph out)
When my friend suggested I send the email, I was saying hi to my friend, unpacking my stuff, and I had a million other things to do.
Remembering this lesson, I didn't wait - I stopped what I was doing, and acted on the opportunity that came my way because "the energy dripped down from the universe through my friend's words."
And I got 47 sales within the next 24 hours.
Conclusion
I'm not sure which explanation resonates best with you best, but the story about energy dripping from a higher dimension and the universe sending you opportunities seems the most inspiring and entertaining for me.
A lot can be accomplished in 41 days before new years.
Act on opportunities that come your way and you'll progress towards your resolutions everyday!
Do you know when successful people set their New Years Resolutions?
Right now.
Yes, it's a scientifically proven fact, and this is why Right Now is important for you.
On November 19th of every year, at the exact moment you are reading this right now, the top 500 most
successful people on this planet are setting and (actually) achieving their goals in life.
Why November 19th?
Because November 19th is right now (the time I wrote this).
In my first book, I titled one chapter "The Doing-Now CEO".
In 2013, I was at an entrepreneur conference in Albuquerque when the CEO of a successful company was
mentoring one of the newer guys; telling him to make a specific phone call for a potential partnership.
The newer guy smiled, nodded his head, and said that it was a good idea.
The CEO got filled with anger and stormed out of the room in frustration...
Three minutes later, he comes back in and hands his cell phone to the young entrepreneur.
"I have Kevin, the owner of ________ on the phone, ready to talk about the partnership agreement that
we mentioned.", the CEO said, handing over the phone.
Let's attack this one from all angles:
1. Practical Action - If you want to get in shape, you're going to have to hit the gym. The more you do the
things you need to do, This doing leads to having.
Imagine how much you can accomplish in the next 41 days if you take one solid hour per day committed
towards the thing that is most important to you in your life.
2. Human Behavior - The part of your brain that is responsible for action only operates in the present moment. If you say you're going to go to the gym "tomorrow", tomorrow will be pushed forward into the indefinite future.
Translation: You'll be programming yourself for failure if you put things off until tomorrow.
3. The Power of The Universe - I've learned a lot about The Power of The Universe lately. And not only did I learn it, but I took action on what I learned, when I learned it - so I noticed some pretty amazing results.
In one book, or was it a seminar I went to...I forget.
I think I was sitting in a personal development seminar, and the instructor was on stage, presenting in a Hawaiian T-shirt, talking about energy dripping down to earth from some higher dimension.
Crazy, right? I mean, why would he be wearing a Hawaiian T shirt on stage?
Anyhow, he was standing up there, speaking about when you set a goal for yourself, and imagine that The Universe orchestrates events that unfold outside of you - you'll begin to notice that opportunities are already in front of you, setting you up for success.
He said "The energy drips down into our universe on Earth for a brief moment, and it's standing there waiting for you to act on it.
When you set the goal, the opportunity that is about to come your way is the very thing that will guarantee to get you there.
If you don't act on this upcoming opportunity, right now, the energy will retract back to a higher dimension, and it will go away.
Missed opportunities...
Since we live in a world of abundance, it's honestly not a big deal if you don't act on this one, because you will still have these goals for yourself and that simply means an even greater opportunity will come your way next week.
But what happens when the universe notices that you are not acting on these opportunities in the very moment they come to you?
The universe gets the message, and they go away.
So if you don't act on these things right now or next week - you're setting yourself up for failure and regret."
What he talked about seemed unusually phrased at first, but when I practiced this in my own life, amazing results happened.
The other day, I committed to helping more people achieve their goals in life this year.
I'm traveling through Europe for the remainder of the year and I just arrived in Amsterdam, Netherlands a few days ago. The moment I got in, my friend messaged me saying that my Udemy courses are going on sale for real cheap this week and I should send out an email to my email newsletter offering the discount.
So I sent out an email linking to my discounted courses, and 47 people registered for them on the first day.
$470 in sales - because I acted on the advice that came in front of me right now.
(edited this paragraph out)
When my friend suggested I send the email, I was saying hi to my friend, unpacking my stuff, and I had a million other things to do.
Remembering this lesson, I didn't wait - I stopped what I was doing, and acted on the opportunity that came my way because "the energy dripped down from the universe through my friend's words."
And I got 47 sales within the next 24 hours.
Conclusion
I'm not sure which explanation resonates best with you best, but the story about energy dripping from a higher dimension and the universe sending you opportunities seems the most inspiring and entertaining for me.
- Set a goal.
- Opportunities will come your way in the next week.
- Act on them as soon as they come to you - you can't hesitate.
- Achieve goal.
A lot can be accomplished in 41 days before new years.
Act on opportunities that come your way and you'll progress towards your resolutions everyday!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
