The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your most efficient way to learning

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
There are several options to learning:

Hardcover Books
Free EBooks
Video Online Courses
Podcast
Documentation
etc. etc.

I´m asking YOU, which tools do you use to learn the fastest way possible?
I found to truly understand a topic, I need to read a good book on the topic.
Podcasts give some pointers, but are generally too scattered.
Online Courses can be helpful but also are "just" anxilliary tools to truly understanding the subject at hand.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Hey,

For me, once I become obsessed with learning something, I would seek all of the above. Although my first move would obviously to go to google/wikipedia first, then youtube. I seldom read any books that weren't recommended to me because I find it to be a bigger commitment (in time and effort) than watching a video.

I wish we could all just do like Trinity sometimes though:

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I use all the methods listed. I was recently reading some Peter Drucker and he was talking about figuring out your ideal learning method(s) and I love reading and wanted mine to be reading so bad but I learn better with audio/visual. I'll continue doing both and more but I'm trying to incorporate more audio/visual stuff to be more efficient.

There is also this:
learningpyramid4.jpg

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs
Agree with previous comment: Peter Drucker is the man. Everyone learns different. Try different methods and find which one suits you most. "Managing oneself" by Drucker is my favorite book. I read it every day for 5 minutes.

379589266e0287421656932c127ea5f7.jpg

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

sintzu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
For me, if I'm learning a new concept, way of doing business, sales, or marketing techniques, my go to is Audible. I'm an audio/visual learner so I normally consume an audible book relating to what I'm learning. From there I seek out podcasts or even a Udemy course (if a great quality one is available) to get the perspective of people on the ground actually doing that work. Then I refine further and dive into actual tactics by seeking out people actually doing that work and conversation with them or joining a forum related to the topic. I basically start at the top of the rabbit hole and then go down further and further until I feel confident enough to execute on the concept myself. That's when the real learning begins, trial and error.

Long story short, for me Strategy and Broad knowledge - Audiobooks + Online Courses
Tactics and Execution - Podcasts, Blog Posts, Interviews, Talking to people doing it and then ultimately doing it myself

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
I feel the exact way @Newpollz .

When I am in learning mode, my preferred way is soaking up everything possible about the subject whether in video, book, or talking to a veteran in that subject.

I become a little obsessed, but am careful to put into practice what I'm learning.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
  • Read, watch youtube videos, read articles, read academic articles if they are relevant to your industry, work field and skills etc.
  • Take notes, Learn what your optimal learning style is: visual, audio etc.
  • Accelerated learning, look it up and take a look at the 4hour Workweek resources and Tim Ferris Blog.
  • Learn about learning: Meta-Learning
  • Take action with everything you learn to solidify, validate and test your ideas and gain experience. Feedback is everything.
  • Try and implement Design thinking in your business & Life
  • Utilize 10X thinking.
  • Test and see what works for you, clean lists or messy mindmaps etc

My Learning Loop: Learn, Design/Plan, Build/Develop, Test, Feedback, Improve/Remove,Loop.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Utilize Audible to listen to Audiobooks in any spare time like commuting, working out etc. Listen to useful podcasts, like the Tropical MBA and Tim Ferris podcasts.

Go back through TMF MJ gives some good tips there about utilizing 'spare'/'free' time.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Utilize systems thinking and implementation with regards to your learning process and results.

Have a system designed for your learning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.