The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your First 100 Million by Dan Pena

For any book discussion

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
Sometime people just amuse me and then get me absoluetly annoed, I wanna smash their head in.

I'm referring to folks who just condemn stuff before they have a chance to cehck it out, just the guy who condenmed MJ's The Millionaire Fastlane , as I mentioned here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...hrew-millionaire-fastlane-gargabe-retard.html

If you, in this thread condenmed Dan Pena's book, there 's only two reasons why you'd do that.

1. You're either an idiot who can't figure out good from bad

or

2. You're just a hater who can't let his prejudices let him make the right choices.

Whichever you are, shame on you.

Dan Pena's book, is f**king great!

It's the first book, I ever read that ACTUALLY shows you how to GET AN IDEA AND TURN IT INTO A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS.

It's just like The Millionaire Fastlane , M J's book, though written from the eyes of a billionaire, wwho's seen the world.

The part I like best hat the part about raising capital from your bank and most especially the prt about he, his mentor, the CIA, some mercenaries and the Roman Catholic church plotting to overthrow the dictator government of 'Baby Doc' Duvalier in Haiti, in the early 1980s! You gotta read that part I tell you.

The Millionaire Fastlane is like an MBA, and Your First Hundred Million is like a Doctoral thesis.

I'll tell you something. YOU GOTTA READ THIS BOOK!

If someone ever asks you to recommend what they should read, here's what to do...

First tell them to read ...

The Millionaire Fastlane

Next tell them to read...

Your First Hundred Million

Finally...ask them to read, listen to or watch anything by

Michael Masterson
Dan Kennedy
Clayton Makepeace
Gary Halbert
John Carlton
Bob Bly
Ted Nicholas
Jordan Belfort, the Wolf of Wall Street

Finally...

Ask them to IMPLEMENT what they learn from these sources.

These resources are what I used to build a business that makes hundreds of thousands of dollars in profits, inching towards the million dollar lever.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Feb 10, 2009
NYC
I've read his book, let me see if I can give the nutshell overview.

His approach to business and entrepreneurship is that of a dealmaker (for those who are familiar with WealthDynamics). He made his money through acquisitions, raising equity and debt, joint ventures and partnerships and going public.

He is a child of the buyout boom of the 80s and the method he teaches relies on leverage, acquisitions (leveraged buyouts) and dealmaking/negotiating skills. Some of his stuff is great (how to deal with bankers, attitude towards accountants and lawyers, personal attitude towards success). Then again, buying businesses and borrowing huge amounts of money is a) risky and b) definitely not a strategy for beginners.

It sounds easy when you read it. I've listened to a tape of his from the mid 90s where a girl was working with him and making leveraged acquisitions of trailer parks to 'consolidate the industry'. Her company went bankrupt a couple of years later..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser397

you guys must be dumb as bricks.

Paying for information content in this day and age. lol.

You have a lot to learn buddy. A lot of information these days is still valuable to pay for. Don't knock something until you've read it. Not just this book, but there's plenty of premium courses and material that can help take you to another level.

If you're truly not willing to pay to learn, then you're not investing in yourself. Not everything is free. Most quality content is not free. Not to say that you can't find good free info, but most really good quality information, such as courses and books are not free. Did MJ give away his book for free? I'd love to see where you found his book for free.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Here you go.

Keep in mind that "rich" is defined in the book as 150 - 200 million in assets or 30-70 million in cash.

Wise words of Felix Dennis ch 17 of How To Get Rich:

"So what is your fortress? It is your inner core, your integrity, your belief in the worth of others and the love of those dear to you. Not to mention your own worth. It arises from belief in yourself. And, for a few, from belief in their own destiny.

Excessive idolatry of money will "take" all those. It will corrode both self-belief and love. It will stretch integrity on the rack. It will "take" the fortress; and it will not be a pretty sight.

Seeking substantial wealth is almost always a fool's game. The statistics show that very few people ever succeed. Most of them should never have made the attempt in the first place. They aren't suited to it, and if that sounds defeatist, then consider the fact that the search will take up a great deal of your waking life for many, many years.

You cannot get rich without "wasting" that time. Not unless you were born lucky-so lucky that luck has squatted on your shoulder virtually from birth. You would not need to get rich, then. You would already be rich, in one way or another.

Time is finite. Which is a fancy way of saying that you only have so much of it-then it will run out. When you are young, time seems to stretch into the distance for so far that surely it will always be on your side? When the young catch the old unawares, they may sometimes glimpse a look of naked envy, which is then instantly disguised.

And the old have reason to be envious. Truly, truly, they do.

Ask me what I will give you if you could wave a magic wand and give me my youth back. The answer would be everything I own and everything I will ever own. In the Odyssey we read:

And Achilles replied, "Do not speak soothingly to me of death glorious Odysseus. I would rather live on earth as a bondsman to the meanest peasant, than be king of all the shadows."

Homer, as always, is right.

If you are young and reading this then I ask you to remember just this: you are richer than anyone older than you, and far richer than those who are much older than you. But do not say you started the journey poor. If you are young you are infinitely richer than I can ever be again.

QLADisciple

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 5, 2014
Hello.

I just wanted to chime in, as I was in touch with Mr. Pena and we talked about the various issues raised in this thread.

In regards to Lucinda Burke, the woman who attempted the trailer park roll-up, Mr. Pena said that she got ill and could no longer work on the business. She had a mental breakdown, because of the workload and her stress levels. This just reinforces what he always says, "it's not everyone". You have to applaud her for taking it so far, but this is proof that the strategy is simple but not easy.

In regards to the criminal allegations, all charges against him (as well as "Sally" and "Smith") were dropped after years of legal battle. The police chief who falsely took the charges was the uncle of a disgruntled former employee. Mr. Pena is currently in his fifth year of a slander suit against The Times of India who wrote the initial article.

Mr. Pena also says he has never posted a false testimonial in his life. If you can get hold of his tapes and/or the people he has worked with in the past, you can track down the people who left the testimonials. All of these people are real.

Really, all you need to know is Dan is for real and his strategies work. The methodology behind him works. But as someone else said in this thread, it's not easy. But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
The people who really have cracked the nut of making $100M are probably not writing a get rich book, from which they might earn $5M tops. They're out making their $100M into $200M or $500M (cf. Robert Herjavec, etc.). It's the people who can't repeat their success who are often slinging the hash of "how do I do it" books. It is so, so unbelievably rare that you have someone willing to teach you how to make money who is actually capable of repeating their success again.

That's why TMF is awesome, MJ sold the company for millions, bought it back, and did it again, then built this forum, completely different space, and is still doing well, then the forum got populated by a$$ kickers who are also doing well.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Sorry to bring this old thread to life .. Can any experienced fellow fastlaner vouch for this pena's teachings? ill be very grateful, if someone can shed more light on his teachings ..
Reason i am a bit skeptical is because there's no mention of his "vast wealth" that he supposedly generated outside of his website! According to wikipedia, his company's net value was 300 mill $ when he left , and dan pena only had a 10% share in that!! So that barely amounts to 50 mill $ profit ,while he's teaching how to make hundreds of millions of dollars..
BEST regards..

Just kidding. But seriously, there are 7 pages of facts and opinions in this thread, all his videos are free on youtube, his book is free on torrents. The only thing he charges for to my knowledge is a seminar in his own castle in Scotland. You can make up your own opinion from that.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Just read it as well, it's brimming with insights and some examples that you can refer to when the time is right. To each his own, he made a decision and he lived with the consequences.

I feel for him when I read that he was divorced by his wife. To get wealthy beyond recognition is one thing, to do so and eventually love a partner in life; that's quite a blow. That's just what I think anyways.

Good read ;)

I think everyone should read the beginning of chapter 17 from "how to get rich" by Felix Dennis. It really lays down the truth about the bad side of getting rich and what MJ talks about a lot. Its one things to waste a couple of years and retire happy with 10 million and a nice family. Its a completely different thing to waste 20 years to get 100 million and be left with a very lonely existence.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro

Paying for information content in this day and age. lol.

If you seriously mean what you're saying here, you must be a very poor guy.

People only value what they pay for. Lessons are only learned when they hurt.

Dan Pena's material is about the best on the planet.

It is your choice to honor it as such and reap the benefits.

Or degrade its value and stay in the same position financially.

Last edited:

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
While insulting everyone here in your second post is smart :rolleyes:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/whats-with-the-negativity.62549/

You can learn alot from "Your First 100 Million" & "The Millionaire Fastlane ", IF you read them AND put
the gained knowledge into practice.

Yes, you'll find those books out there for "free", and while I've personally no problem with
you or anyone else downloading them, the authors probably have. (Or not, in Dan's case)

Imagine pouring all your heart into your work, just to see some guy stealing it and voting it down
for "a contrasting opinion".

Sad.

Those books are about the getting of money...if you're that broke, go ahead,
download 'em, but please:

Read them, don't just add them to your "collection", use the advice, make lots of money, and pay the authors back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forbes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 3, 2010
I'm currently reading this and it's blowing my hair back. It's a fun read and the author has a no holds barred style writing. The beginning starts talking about that super success is not for the touchy-feely and big sacrifices need to made to acquiring mega wealth.

Book highlights:

- exponential business growth through deals and acquisitions
- building a dream team of experienced veterans with excellent track records
- Getting a mentor
- raising capital and financing your dreams

note: with the price tag of $400 this might be the most expensive wealth business book out there

mrgoodcat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2010
$199 here.

So Forbes, what makes what this guy has written any better than anyone else? What of his strategies have you implemented and how has your life changed?

^ i'm not done with it yet but it's a hard slap in the face. I have become too comfortable in my life and thought that i everything would just fall into place. If your goal is just extra income, this is not the right book for you.

The author tells you brutally that you will need to sacrifice a big chunk of your life to gain mega wealth. There really is NO secret to it - whoever works harder and longer gets to the top. Intellect/IQ does not make you wealthy.

What makes Pena different is that he made his money from actual business from scratch and not through selling books or seminars like most success gurus. He did it all during a recession like we're going through

Currently I'm interviewing financial institutions to raise more capital for my business. It's a computer help website with phone, chat and email support.

I found it free (pdf version) here:
[MODERATOR DELETED]

It is a super interesting read, although its really long. I would suggest it if you have a lot of free time or bored.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The link to the pirated copy has been deleted ... I certainly wouldn't want my book on there whether it be $19.95 or $400.

D

DeletedUser397

What's the huge deal about the price??

I haven't read the entire thread, maybe the first 1-2 pages. I also haven't read the book, but all I can say is I'm surprised there's so much fuss about the price.

If any of you have ever attended a college/university, you would know $400 is about the price of an expensive textbook these days. From what I've seen in the thread, apparently he's bumped the price to $200, which is pretty much the price of most college textbooks. The guy seems to be giving out a lot of seasoned knowledge and experience in his book. Relatively speaking, the guy has probably made a lot of mistakes that could save others thousands if not millions in retrospect and he's likely teaching others a better route.

There's a couple books on my bookshelf that I would pay $2000 for even, considering the value and profit they've brought me. That's less than the cost of a college semester tuition, but strangely you guys find it outrageous?

Most of you would easily toss $400 on a plane ticket, on a tech gadget, etc... yet this book could be a lot more valuable and life-impacting than any of those. A pair of Gucci shoes cost upwards of $800 ... and they teach you nothing.

Anyway, just my little rant. I don't know anything about the guy's book, haven't read it but I may. On wikipedia it says he was cleared of all charges, so the claims of him being a criminal are not true. Seems legit to me from my googling.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
*continued*

Money is never owned. It is only in your custody for a while. Time is always running on, and the young have more of it in their pocket than the richest man or women alive. That is not sentimentality speaking. That is sober fact.

And yet you wish to waste your youth in the getting of money? Really? Think hard, my young cub, think hard and think long before you embark on such a quest. The time spend attempting to acquire wealth will mount up and cannot be reclaimed, whether you succeed or whether you fail.

Even should you succeed in becoming rich, unlikely as that is, what will you have achieved? Independence of a kind? The luxury to choose what you wish to do with the rest of your life? Happiness? No, no and no. You will not achieve any of those things. Not when you have too much money."

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
I met Dan Pena about 10 years ago and heard him talk at a seminar.
The biggest ego jerk I've ever met in my life.

He sincerely thinks all women are put on this earth for one thing.. to please their man
and stay barefoot and pregnant. He thinks there's no room for women in any kind of business.

Marked him off the list.

The man has made in excess of $50 billion, the way I see it is he knows how to create wealth. His personal views on women are irrelevant. I care more about his business knowledge. I thought he was rude and crude the first time I saw him but the man knows business like few do.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Dan Pena's awesome.

Damn you! I started watching it just to check it out, and ended up having to finish it and slept later than planned haha

This is more of a general "mentor" question, no shots intended at anyone.

I agreed with tw to an extent, but then wondered to myself,
"what if the person you're learning from with questionable (if any) ethics makes many decisions/moves/plans based on that, and perhaps got where they are (position and speed at which they got there) primarily because of their unethical decisions?"

IOW, what if the "how" of their practices of making big money went against your principles/beliefs, but you didn't find out until you were deeply buried in it?

Seems like learning from someone honest would have more long term benefit for a number of reasons. Not necessarily someone you agree with on every issue in life, but someone with integrity. Who makes ethical business decisions. And has a good reputation (as a person and company).

Thoughts?
I know your post is not directed towards me but...

First, I don't think Dan Pena has bad morals or ethics but I know your question is more general so...

I don't know how you would find out the principles/beliefs were bad until you were buried in the situation... You know that in the beginning, don't you?

I personally wouldn't do anything unethical, but I could definitely learn from someone who is unethical, as long as what i'm learning is not.

And to your point that learning from someone honest is better... It's obviously better to learn from an accomplished person that is honest, specially if that person is your mentor in real-life. But we don't need to limit our source to only one person, and we don't need to learn everything a person teaches, we can select the things we want to apply to our lives... thus, you can take advice from different kinds of people, even some you don't agree with on some issues.

I think Donald Trump has horrible views on many things in society and life. Does that mean I wouldn't learn how to invest money in Real Estate from him? No. It's two completely different things.

Papillon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Sep 10, 2013
Île Saint-Joseph French Guiana ~ UK!
I just stumbled upon Dan Pena's YT channel, [youtube.com/user/GuthrieGroup] and I must say I'm impressed there is some damn good stuff here mainly motivational, however its certainly NOT for the faint of heart as Mr Pena does use strong language!

I haven't been through this whole thread, agree with the above poster, no idea why folks would hate him...maybe cos of the F & C words?

His MAIN message is: FOCUS - Get a Mentor. Yes great advice, but he also states: do what you love follow your passion!

AND all us here who have read TMF know where that leads...

Case in point:
Last November 2014, a new restaurant was about to open in my local high street, I popped in to have a nosy around, the new owner must of spent a fortune on the refit, its also a big place by UK standards, anyway this biz is selling deserts/ice cream with beverages coffee, tea & shakes, 3 doors down he has Starbucks then opposite a few shops down Costa coffee! I gave this place a year or so to survive.

It opened in December, and when I pass by there is hardly a soul in the restaurant, they even have staff and they are FOXY girls giving out free samples to entice customers...

Walked by this place last week and its CLOSED down, can't even image what this owner must of lost, I reckon just for the refit alone £250,000 I mean the dude had a old rare retro Italian scooter mounted on the wall, the place was really done out posh...YES ''do what you love follow your passion'' NOT...!

Anyway, Dan knows his sh*t...here's a snippet:

In January 1982 Dan obtained $50 million in contracts with the US Federal Government with no other employees or office space … only a leased fax machine and a phone, in 1st year of business.

BTW, he is giving away all his materials away for FREE, he tells ya go to his site or search online and you'll find it.

He says the reason for doing this is: when he passes, he wants to be remembered as the worlds greateast mentor, also there is the TV media thing...

Folks here IF... when ya feeling down, head over and watch a video or two, YOU won't be disappointed!

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
I just stumbled upon Dan Pena's YT channel, [youtube.com/user/GuthrieGroup] and I must say I'm impressed there is some damn good stuff here mainly motivational, however its certainly NOT for the faint of heart as Mr Pena does use strong language!

I haven't been through this whole thread, agree with the above poster, no idea why folks would hate him...maybe cos of the F & C words?

His MAIN message is: FOCUS - Get a Mentor. Yes great advice, but he also states: do what you love follow your passion!

AND all us here who have read TMF know where that leads...

Case in point:
Last November 2014, a new restaurant was about to open in my local high street, I popped in to have a nosy around, the new owner must of spent a fortune on the refit, its also a big place by UK standards, anyway this biz is selling deserts/ice cream with beverages coffee, tea & shakes, 3 doors down he has Starbucks then opposite a few shops down Costa coffee! I gave this place a year or so to survive.

It opened in December, and when I pass by there is hardly a soul in the restaurant, they even have staff and they are FOXY girls giving out free samples to entice customers...

Walked by this place last week and its CLOSED down, can't even image what this owner must of lost, I reckon just for the refit alone £250,000 I mean the dude had a old rare retro Italian scooter mounted on the wall, the place was really done out posh...YES ''do what you love follow your passion'' NOT...!

Anyway, Dan knows his sh*t...here's a snippet:

In January 1982 Dan obtained $50 million in contracts with the US Federal Government with no other employees or office space … only a leased fax machine and a phone, in 1st year of business.

BTW, he is giving away all his materials away for FREE, he tells ya go to his site or search online and you'll find it.

He says the reason for doing this is: when he passes, he wants to be remembered as the worlds greateast mentor, also there is the TV media thing...

Folks here IF... when ya feeling down, head over and watch a video or two, YOU won't be disappointed!

I found Dan last October and since then I've seen every QLA seminar video he has put out, read his 'First Hundred Million' book and his newest ebook, listened to every podcast he's been on, read his newsletters and connected with some of his mentees. I can say without a doubt that Dan Pena is a diamond in the rough, he is a rare individual in these times. He offends the faint of heart for a reason, the truth is hard to take some times. His methodology is solid for any daring to take the challenge. I have heard every personal development guru out there and none and I mean none compare to Dan. Go find his interview on London Real, it's golden!

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
The guy started a company in his bedroom with only a fax machine and a few bucks and turned it into a $300MM valuation. That right there is all the "convincing" I would need as to his legitimacy.

I currently have the following picture in my main folder on my computer, and I am forced to look at it every day (and act on it):

14pena.jpg

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
FDJustin-

DOING is by far the best way to learn.

But having a voracious appetite for learning new things will never serve you wrong-- UNLESS you postpone DOING for just passively reading about new things (what folks in my family of educators call "professional students" ;) )

-Russ H.

aikay77

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Mar 6, 2011
bateati,

For that kind of money, you CAN'T feed an african village for even one day, let alone one week, let alone 6 months!

I live in Africa, and my businesses fund an NGO I set-up myself to feed children and send them to school.

I hate it when folks like you blab about what they don't know.

If you want to contribute to a topic, don't be racist or just shut-up and look elsewhere to contribute.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.