The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You copywriters are being replaced by AI..

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Here's an AI generated product description for a skin care product. I had to answer like 5 or 6 things which took like 3 minutes and then it generated this:

"Developed to combat the natural signs of aging, this Glow Serum anti-aging solution is a popular choice to help skin look and feel healthier. Enhance your skin care products with its powerful line of exclusive Serum ingredients. Healthy and effective, this water-based serum is sure to provide the skin with a youthful glow. Wrinkles are often seen as the road map of life. Keeping wrinkles from becoming an atlas is a challenge, but can be achieved with a good skin care routine. "

Not perfect with its flow, but pretty scary. Those last 2 sentences are pretty damn good. I thought for sure it had to be copied from the internet somewhere, but I didn't find anything when googling it.

What tool did you use?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

1: Start a Copywriting business
2: Use AI
3: Hire cheap human labor for QC
4: Sell at massive markup masquerading as a "real" copywriter.
5: ???
6: Profit

Pure evil.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

Pure evil.

Step five is unnecessary here... step 4 clearly leads to profit :)

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Here's an AI generated product description for a skin care product. I had to answer like 5 or 6 things which took like 3 minutes and then it generated this:

"Developed to combat the natural signs of aging, this Glow Serum anti-aging solution is a popular choice to help skin look and feel healthier. Enhance your skin care products with its powerful line of exclusive Serum ingredients. Healthy and effective, this water-based serum is sure to provide the skin with a youthful glow. Wrinkles are often seen as the road map of life. Keeping wrinkles from becoming an atlas is a challenge, but can be achieved with a good skin care routine. "

Not perfect with its flow, but pretty scary. Those last 2 sentences are pretty damn good. I thought for sure it had to be copied from the internet somewhere, but I didn't find anything when googling it.

I've seen much, much worse by real copywriters

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
For you, who thinks that AI will replace copywriters.

Copywriting is not an exact science, like math. Very unpredictable. So every copywriter has its own unique style.

You see it, somebody can write a great story for the product in a few short words... somebody can make strong appeals... somebody is a metaphors master... somebody can put a picture worth 1000 words... somebody can grab attention in 0.13 sec... somebody can make attractive layouts... somebody can open a completely new market... somebody... and somebody... and somebody.

The reason that AI will write a copy a little better than the average is clear, but never better than a man himself. It lacks creativity, intuition, knowledge of consumer psychology, fast adaption to a change, quickly recognizing trends , creating something new. It's good to test it though, like chess.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
It lacks creativity, intuition, knowledge of consumer psychology, fast adaption to a change, quickly recognizing trends , creating something new. It's good to test it though, like chess.

All things that AI will be able to do soon.

I never believed it either until I started doing some serious research on AI.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Bumping because I've been thinking about this thread a lot lately. There are a ton of services out there now. Copy.ai, copysmith.ai, conversion.ai, writesonic, etc. Has anyone used any of them?

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad
Saying that a machine can replace a human in copywriting is like saying that a McDonalds cook is going to replace a chef at a five-star restaurant.

A machine could write serviceable copy, but it can't write great copy.

Great copy is based on a Big Idea. Machines can't create a Big Idea.

Big Ideas require creativity. Big Ideas require new connections.

AI can replace average copywriters, but they can't replace replace great copywriters.
While I do agree that it will be hard for AI to replace truly great copywriters. I also think in 10 years as they get smarter and have more data they will be even better than human copywriters. The reason being unlike a book or movie script that takes imagination and storytelling chops. Copywriting is more about hooking the reader and trying to get them to take an action such as buying a product or signing up for a newsletter. AI has the advantage of using words and turns of phrase that it knows through the data it has acquired will work. Social media is already programming people to do what they want so while I think it's sad and prefer people over machines the days are numbered for today's human copywriters.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Check it out.
Use the free trial.
Test out some sample copy.

Come back and tell me if you think the technology is still 10 years out.

Muthembwa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Mar 14, 2019
Seems you ar
I am.

Yes. AI trains on a model. Essentially it looks at what humans do, then abstracts from there. If you feed a ML (Machine Learning) algorithm a bunch of great pieces of 'copy' if figures out what they have in common then starts from there. It doesn't need 'empathy.' It just needs to know what 'empathy' looks like.

I seriously warn anyone who questions the power of AI. AI outsmarting humans is inevitable.

For example, Starcraft is considered one of the most complex and difficult strategy games. So what happens when you put a trainer AI system up against the worlds best Starcraft players? It f*cking annihilates them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFMRDm_H9Sg

It's embarrassing.

Creativity is going to be cracked soon too.

Like I noted in the innovative product thread, creativity is just combining old ideas in new ways. Creative people are essentially "idea DJs" creating remixes. It's not going to be hard for AI to do that soon.

From Steve Jobs (and research backs up this idea as well)

"It comes down to trying to expose yourself to the best things that humans have done and then try to bring those things into what you’re doing. Picasso had a saying: good artists copy, great artists steal. And we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas, and I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians and poets and artists and zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world."

"If you're gonna make connections which are innovative ... you have to not have the same bag of experiences as everyone else does, or else you're going to make the same connections as everybody else, and then you won't be innovative, and then nobody will give you an award."

AI will make almost all human labor obsolete, and like @Lex DeVille said, it's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when
Seems you are tech-savvy, so which AI can I use for free to write great copy for my supplements

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018

Pure evil.
Is it evil if you get real results for your clients (in spite of using AI)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.