The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You can never quit.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
I was watching the Bulls game today when this commercial came on. Thought a few people here might like it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNf8SWOdVg4]YouTube - Gatorade Tiger Focus Commercial: The Woods of Wisdom (Never Quit)[/ame]

What if Tiger had given up? How would golf be today? I think those questions are self-explanatory (and completely rhetorical haha).

When you are in a rut, and you are SURE you cannot get out, do not give up. Stick with it and drive forward. This is what separates the champions from the losers.The Michael Jordan's, the Tiger Woods', the SteveO's, the GLC's, the cantwait2's.

Some of the best stories we hear on the forums are the ones with the biggest struggles in them.

It doesn't mean you have to struggle to be successful, but when you do, keep your head up and push forward.

-Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Don't forget about MJ, the Top-Ramen eating limo driver.

This commercial is about a swing and a miss. Every golfer has had more than their share of these at critical moments. Practice that shot for a few hours and try it again. :banana:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I was a little bit beyond "giving up", I was suicidal. My moment of truth was on dark night during a blizzard out in "bumble-F*ck" while stuck driving that limo ... I realized that where I was (stuck in a blizzard out in the middle of no where) was my fault. I made the choice and the million of other choices prior to that choice that brought me to that point. Sometimes breaking points bring you unto deliverance.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008

This commercial is about a swing and a miss. Every golfer has had more than their share of these at critical moments. Practice that shot for a few hours and try it again. :banana:

Of course we can't forget the Top-Ramen (you know it's so delicious) eating limo driver :notworthy:!

I was caught up in the heat of the post. :fryingpan:

There are many great "success stories-from-the-rut" here at the Fastlane. I love reading each and every one. They are the most inspirational.

-Alex

PS. Can't wait to get back out to Scottsdale to play.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I was a little bit beyond "giving up", I was suicidal. My moment of truth was on dark night during a blizzard out in "bumble-F*ck" while stuck driving that limo ... I realized that where I was (stuck in a blizzard out in the middle of no where) was my fault. I made the choice and the million of other choices prior to that choice that brought me to that point. Sometimes breaking points bring you unto deliverance.

this is where I find myself now, well not suicidal, but definitely down and out and in need of guidance, but I know that the best way to make it through is to keep my head up and my motto now is- "like a cat, even when I fall I always land on my feet" :coolgleamA:

Of course we can't forget the Top-Ramen (you know it's so delicious) eating limo driver :notworthy:!

I was caught up in the heat of the post. :fryingpan:

There are many great "success stories-from-the-rut" here at the Fastlane. I love reading each and every one. They are the most inspirational.

-Alex

PS. Can't wait to get back out to Scottsdale to play.

nothing wrong with Top Ramen, it got me through two years of college and has been a "staple" of my diet for the last few months- just have to make sure that you stay active otherwise those carbs catch up to ya :p

littlekingaz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
May 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I noticed some struggles take longer than others, and some struggles are only struggles if you let them be. That is what has seemed to be the case with me anyways, I had a struggle that with a little bit of going back to the drawing board, I was able to fix in a matter of a couple of days.

It is all perspective. Your struggle could be your light.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I think there is a great lesson here that is disguised by society.

It's often thought that struggle should end and never be a part of one's life after reaching a certain point.

This is very similar to the concept of schooling. In that, many people are influenced to think you just go to school, get a degree, and then you work.

There are many indicators that give on thew idea that there is a stopping point to learning. The effects of this later on can be detrimental. This effects many kids and eludes to the fact that learning is not a life long process.

Attitudes and outlook are greatly affected by this, and it also becomes not fun anymore. Learning should be taught to be fun, but instead is almost a chore or consequence.

Point being, it's easy to think that "once I become rich, my problems will be over." I find this to be false, albeit it sounds great.

Money, health, or relationships are not the key to ending struggle. Attitude is everything.

Life being a journey, there will always be mountains and valleys.

Nothing is promised. If it were, we wouldn't really be living.

Not trying to sound like the poster child here... been one of my roughest weeks in a long time.

The interesting part, is whether you decide to squirm around in your own shit, or decide to clean yourself off and stand up, if you get what I mean.

The choice is there.

Again, I'm not trying to be the golden child here, I am guilty as everyone else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.