The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The first move I can never make...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jackthebruno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2020
Hi M.J, hi guys,

I m Jacopo, 36 years old, graduated in Engineering in 2008 and working for 2 companies, first as an engineer, then in sales.
Christmas holidays are ending, and I am smelling the same flavour of the last few years: the smell of a dream that will never be reached. I am son of a teacher and a social worker, entrepreneurship is something very far from my family life and culture. Risk is something prohibited. Moreover my character has always been precise, perfectionist, worried about the result and people's opinion. I have been living in the last 3 years with a continuous anxiety, I have gone under psychologist therapy, BUT I know exactly the cause: I am extremely worried to live my life following the flow of a river and not be able to be myself, to make my projects, to reach my goals, to make my dreams true. I feel like I have never made a strong decision, never fought against the river flow, always adapted, worried not to disappoint people. The only strong decisions I have made in my life were leaving my previous job and marrying my wife, and I am so proud of them! But this is not enough. Currently I am a Sales manager in a company that manufactures industrial machinery. I like my job, I am not technically expert but I like sales and satisfying people's needs. 2019 has been a full year, lots of energies consumpted, the highest stress level ever felt. And for what? An average of 1.800-2.000 € per month, and my bank account steady around 90 - 95k€. Christmas or summer holidays are for me like oxygen, I have time to read, learn about business, marketing, etc. I have just finished The Millionaire Fastlane , it made me recover a project I started thinking about last year and then left (as always).

Now, my will would be to leave my full-time job and be an entrepeneur, of course following the law of need!
The problem is that on January 7th I will go back to my office and will be fully immersed in my job, as done in the last 10 years...and will be frustrated to see my dreams disappear.

M.J. or you guys, I need an advice, I want to keep my breath and throw me in new things and in big choices but I have never been able to do that. What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your help, God bless you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Hi M.J, hi guys,

I m Jacopo, 36 years old, graduated in Engineering in 2008 and working for 2 companies, first as an engineer, then in sales.
Christmas holidays are ending, and I am smelling the same flavour of the last few years: the smell of a dream that will never be reached. I am son of a teacher and a social worker, entrepreneurship is something very far from my family life and culture. Risk is something prohibited. Moreover my character has always been precise, perfectionist, worried about the result and people's opinion. I have been living in the last 3 years with a continuous anxiety, I have gone under psychologist therapy, BUT I know exactly the cause: I am extremely worried to live my life following the flow of a river and not be able to be myself, to make my projects, to reach my goals, to make my dreams true. I feel like I have never made a strong decision, never fought against the river flow, always adapted, worried not to disappoint people. The only strong decisions I have made in my life were leaving my previous job and marrying my wife, and I am so proud of them! But this is not enough. Currently I am a Sales manager in a company that manufactures industrial machinery. I like my job, I am not technically expert but I like sales and satisfying people's needs. 2019 has been a full year, lots of energies consumpted, the highest stress level ever felt. And for what? An average of 1.800-2.000 € per month, and my bank account steady around 90 - 95k€. Christmas or summer holidays are for me like oxygen, I have time to read, learn about business, marketing, etc. I have just finished The Millionaire Fastlane , it made me recover a project I started thinking about last year and then left (as always).

Now, my will would be to leave my full-time job and be an entrepeneur, of course following the law of need!
The problem is that on January 7th I will go back to my office and will be fully immersed in my job, as done in the last 10 years...and will be frustrated to see my dreams disappear.

M.J. or you guys, I need an advice, I want to keep my breath and throw me in new things and in big choices but I have never been able to do that. What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your help, God bless you.

READ the book How to Fail At Everything And Still Win Bigly. It is a great supplement to TMF and Unscripted . Another good one is Thinking in Bets. You'll learn from a poker world champion how to hedge against the downside while keeping the upside open.

TLDR: Stay in something steady, apply and prospect your way into more risky things. Master those so that they become routine and use them as your new springboard. This system makes it (almost)stupid not to take honest risks at adding value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.