The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Can Make Progress Quickly if You Take Action

Idea threads

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
I see quite a few posts about taking action so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and share my experience from today.

I'm pretty well versed in lead gen on Facebook, so on Saturday decided I would offer some local businesses my services.

I quickly found a niche and yesterday afternoon went through a google location list and collated about 30 or so leads with numbers. My initial plan was to cold call them tomorrow, when I am working remotely.

That was until I saw the location of one of the companies - they're just down the road from my office. So at lunch time today, I walked past their building a few times while building up my courage (thought about bailing more than once) and eventually walked in.

After a quick 5 minute chat, the owner didn't seem too convinced, mentioning that they get the majority of their business from word-of-mouth. So, I dropped in this line:

"Okay, I get the sense that actually getting new business is not a problem for you guys, and perhaps you don't need a new lead stream?"

Their response: "well I would never say no to new business, how exactly do you do it then?"

That negative assumption re-opened the conversation, and we agreed for me to come back next week with my laptop and give a demo.

This all came from an idea I formulated on Saturday. now of course it's far from certain new business, but I wanted to share this as it goes to show that you can make progress fast if you take action and have a bit of courage.

I have no website, no business email, not even a business name, and I have a meeting booked with a promising prospect.

There are people out there who need your help, you just need to know where to find them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
A

Anon45x4yB

I see quite a few posts about taking action so I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and share my experience from today.

I'm pretty well versed in lead gen on Facebook, so on Saturday decided I would offer some local businesses my services.

I quickly found a niche and yesterday afternoon went through a google location list and collated about 30 or so leads with numbers. My initial plan was to cold call them tomorrow, when I am working remotely.

That was until I saw the location of one of the companies - they're just down the road from my office. So at lunch time today, I walked past their building a few times while building up my courage (thought about bailing more than once) and eventually walked in.

After a quick 5 minute chat, the owner didn't seem too convinced, mentioning that they get the majority of their business from word-of-mouth. So, I dropped in this line:

"Okay, I get the sense that actually getting new business is not a problem for you guys, and perhaps you don't need a new lead stream?"

Their response: "well I would never say no to new business, how exactly do you do it then?"

That negative assumption re-opened the conversation, and we agreed for me to come back next week with my laptop and give a demo.

This all came from an idea I formulated on Saturday. now of course it's far from certain new business, but I wanted to share this as it goes to show that you can make progress fast if you take action and have a bit of courage.

I have no website, no business email, not even a business name, and I have a meeting booked with a promising prospect.

There are people out there who need your help, you just need to know where to find them.
Your story is really relevant to highlight the symbiosis between idea and action. The idea is the door, and the action is the key. No one has ever developed a successful business without linking an action to an idea of need !

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023

Good post meeting the business owners face to face to get them to become you're client is a great move shows you got balls. This generated me an idea i should do the same by showing them my concept of my best work instead of just relying on cold emails and/or cold calling.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Excellent move, indeed meeting someone in person is often more effective than calling, wich is more effective than email

Good job

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
quick update - had the meeting this morning, they are officially my first ever client!

Really exciting, meeting again next week to onboard and commence the campaign. Maybe I will turn this into a progress thread.

Wouldn’t have taken action without this forum and MJ’s book so thanks to everyone who posts here, can’t wait to see what this opportunity teaches me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Congrats!

What's the plan now? Focusing on this one?
Thanks!

Yeah, the plan is to get the bells and whistles nailed down, find out what works and what doesn’t work for this niche, then once there’s a clearer system we push for more client acquisition

cornishpasty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Mar 14, 2023
Cornwall, UK
We’ve hit a snag! Set up a business manager account for the client’s Facebook, and their ID checks have failed and his account has been banned from advertising… forever. Anybody know how to resolve this? Have looked everywhere but can’t seem to find a solution

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.