The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I guess you CAN make it by blogging

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
I'm sure a lot of you here have heard of the blog Bold and Determined written by Victor Pride (just revealed his real name is Nick Kelly).

It's another general lifestyle 'manosphere' type blog, and he sells a workout plan along with some other things.

He gets some hate for being 'racist and misogynistic', but most of his posts are pretty good, despite a bunch of redundancy for those who have been visiting his site for a while.

Anyways, he just posted his latest article celebrating the 6th year of his blog. In it he states that just a few days ago he hit the $1 million earnings mark from his blog. He doesn't have any outside ads on his site, so I'm assuming it's from his books/products that he sells, along with some affiliate marketing.

I know blogging sometimes gets a bad reputation as a fastlane venture, and I personally have zero interest in doing it, but this guy seems to have made it big, and I think that's pretty cool.

PS: not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to his blog, but its just to show a screenshot he has up showing his $1 million earnings.

https://boldanddetermined.com/6-years-pride-happy-birthday-bold-determined/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know blogging sometimes gets a bad reputation as a fastlane venture

Not necessarily. Blogs play a role in creating personal brands and for gatewaying other products.

Victor has done a spectacular job creating a personal brand in a targeted niche and his blog has been instrumental.

And it helps when you can write some edgy stuff as well.

Congrats to Victor.

Davel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 5, 2016
Phoenix
Not necessarily. Blogs play a role in creating personal brands and for gatewaying other products.

Victor has done a spectacular job creating a personal brand in a targeted niche and his blog has been instrumental.

Congrats to Victor.

I agree. To be more specific, blogging gets some criticism due to those who think you can just pump out a few posts, sit back, and collect the checks.

He's definitely done it the right way. Built up an audience over 6 years and use that audience to market his products to.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Blogging is fastlane by nature if you look at the math of it.

When it comes down to it, the fastlane is all about exponential growth, and blogging consistently has been proven to grow website traffic at an exponential rate, and therefore sales and revenue as well. Not to mention is is an invaluable branding tool.

Blogging takes a lot of time and consistency over the long-term, so it's not always the best area of focus when starting out.

Victor is the perfect example of the value of building a brand though (as well as a lot of the other very successful bloggers)

He literally built a brand before he had any products - he started the long game from day 1, and now he can market practically anything, including commodities, to his audience and they will buy it simply because they believe what Vic and B&D stands for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Congrats to Victor.

Yes, blogs make the individual look more real and personalised...I would like someone who is personal in solving my needs.
It builds up well for sales and updates. A good channel too for providing free stuff online to rope people in.

Unfortunately, some business models aren't geared for that kind of versatility, especially MLMs in which you aren't allowed to sell products online for some companies, nor are you allowed to build up a personal reputation that serves only yourself.

Even slowlane gurus use blogs to promote themselves. I read a bit of Robert Kiyosaki's rich dad blog, and tried out his free online cashflow game (btw it's very slowlane....no Fastlane business mechanisms to simulate...very bias to real estate), and to be honest, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE RICH DAD BOOKS TO LEARN HIS STUFF...it's all on the blog for freeeeee!

Fran_Montoya

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2016
All along I have always wondered how bloggers earn a living but now I know thanks to this post. well got a lot of time and internet so i bet i should also start blogging

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I know blogging sometimes gets a bad reputation as a fastlane venture, and I personally have zero interest in doing it, but this guy seems to have made it big, and I think that's pretty cool.

Because usually people who want to start a blog are looking for the easy way to the fastlane.

Make a blog, write some posts, sell advertising, and suddenly I have the passive income I want.

NIck has built a brand, expanded it, and put in a ton of work to make it successful. It's taken him six years to get to this point and he didn't give up.

That's not just someone who wants to be a blogger, that's someone who wants to build a legit business

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.