The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You are Rich and barely have to work -What do now with all the freetime?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I've never understood the

"Achieve a level of success where no one can tell me what to do anymore... So now ill ask a bunch of strangers on the internet to tell me what to do"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've never understood the

"Achieve a level of success where no one can tell me what to do anymore... So now ill ask a bunch of strangers on the internet to tell me what to do"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IOW, red or white Ferrari?

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Another business. I get bored easily. It's also the source of my #3 regret in life.

Last summer I got to a point where my business was running to a point where I only did maybe 15 minutes of 'work' every day (skype call). I spent the rest of my time and money eating out (every single day...), working out and playing computer games. I got arrogant (I even said that I'll never need a job again haha). I was bored and lazy, was sleeping 10 hours a day, gained 10 pounds of fat, and within the next 2 months everything fell apart. I ran out of money (had no savings), sales stopped, and I hit a wall. I wasn't even making a lot of money, that's the sad thing.

I then quickly realized: with the time and money I made, I could have very easily started something new and grew it to make my 'ghetto fabulous' lifestyle more sustainable. I could have worked on my current business a bit more to make more money. Now I'm back at square one, and it's all my fault.

Lesson learned.

I am curious @The-J. Whats your #1 and #2 regret in life?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada

Late Start

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2015
Uniontown, KS
At the risk of sounding hokey - spread the word that there is another way, and spread it to people while they are still young. Ever since I started delving into entrepreneurship (and especially now that I've started to see some early success with it), more and more people I know who I thought were fairly content with their lives are letting me in on the fact that they aren't. They would like to actually be present in the lives of their kids, to not constantly have to worry about things beyond their control (ie job security), etc, but have been condition to the fact that there is one approved path for life - the slow lane. A good friend of mine is a stay-at-home mom who loves it, but the house they bought is putting a little more strain on them than they anticipated, so now she's dreading leaving her kids to go back to the 9 to 5.

I joked about speaking at high school assemblies on another thread, but the idea has actually taken hold, especially given the number of twentysomethings I know who are coming to the awareness early in life that they really don't want to slave away at a "career" for four decades and hopefully not croak before the finish line (or in the case of my dad, get forced to retire right before reaching said finish line). They need to know that it's perfectly normal not to want that, no matter what their parents or their teachers tell them.

I guess you'd call it..what, Fastlane Evangelism?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
What have you been doing? Sold out of all those PHX properties? You really scored on your timing!

I can't complain. Still own the properties in PHX. Prices and rent are significantly higher. After PHX recovered I started reading a lot and eventually branched out to other states where yields were better.

Last month closed on a 1800 sqft detached home in Memphis, TN for $86k and already rented out @$975/mo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2xTBp

Now that this is done, my family and I are going on a cruise/visiting some cities in Europe. :hurray:

Also watching the Canadian real estate market. My friend flips houses here and I hang out with him and try to learn by osmosis. Never know when the knowledge might come in handy.

I also read a lot and exercise. Kid takes up a lot of time. But it's all good.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
IOW, red or white Ferrari?

Wow, my mind is blown.

This saying has a lot more meaning now to me considering the topic of this thread.

Thanks for shedding a different colored light on this phrase.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can't complain. Still own the properties in PHX. Prices and rent are significantly higher. After PHX recovered I started reading a lot and eventually branched out to other states where yields were better.

Last month closed on a 1800 sqft detached home in Memphis, TN for $86k and already rented out @$975/mo.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2xTBp

Now that this is done, my family and I are going on a cruise/visiting some cities in Europe. :hurray:

Also watching the Canadian real estate market. My friend flips houses here and I hang out with him and try to learn by osmosis. Never know when the knowledge might come in handy.

I also read a lot and exercise. Kid takes up a lot of time. But it's all good.

See, I got you to answer the thread's question! ;)

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Everytime you think You are Rich and barely have to work

Remind yourself that You are Barely rich and there is a shitton of work to do.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Another business. I get bored easily. It's also the source of my #3 regret in life.

Last summer I got to a point where my business was running to a point where I only did maybe 15 minutes of 'work' every day (skype call). I spent the rest of my time and money eating out (every single day...), working out and playing computer games. I got arrogant (I even said that I'll never need a job again haha). I was bored and lazy, was sleeping 10 hours a day, gained 10 pounds of fat, and within the next 2 months everything fell apart. I ran out of money (had no savings), sales stopped, and I hit a wall. I wasn't even making a lot of money, that's the sad thing.

I then quickly realized: with the time and money I made, I could have very easily started something new and grew it to make my 'ghetto fabulous' lifestyle more sustainable. I could have worked on my current business a bit more to make more money. Now I'm back at square one, and it's all my fault.

Lesson learned.

Oh man, Oh man... How I can relate.

Agree with building another business, but that's me personally bc I get bored easily too.

I got to a point once with a prior business a long time ago where I also checked in on it maybe 15-30 min a day. So much money was coming in and going out I couldn't keep track of it, so I didn't. Someone could have took $50k out of my bank account and I wouldn't have known it or even seen it.

I had the false mindset that since it took me 10 years of hard work to get to this point and that I just spent the last 6 months working 20 hour days, missing my kids ballgames, taking my laptop to restaurants to work while my family ate, and working through vacations that this was finally the "reward" time of my life. You know, time to enjoy what I worked hard for.

Also got cocky and arrogant, but not stupid. I didn't spend foolishly the money I had, but I did grow cocky thinking it would always be this way and that I would never have to get a job again and that I could always make this work. That lead me to be lazy and put up a false sense of security.

Some lessons I learned personally for myself were:

1. Nothing last forever
2. Always treat a business with respect, and always treat it like a real business.
3. Make hay while the sun shines no matter what
4. You better have enough hay stored up to last you through the winter
5. Don't forget numbers 1-4

You can get back up.

I did, but with a lot more knowledge and insight than I had before.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hypothetically I might take off early on a Friday afternoon, and head to my local horse track to catch a simulcast of Saratoga's rescheduled Grade 2 Adirondack stakes race.

Hypothetically.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Whats the context? How much money are you actually making? There are some people that "make it" when they earn 50k/yr online. And there are others that are doing that per month/week.

I would consider myself in your spot if I was making 50k/mo...

You can do whatever you want... buy one way tickets to anywhere in the world

Get a house in your town and another one in a sweet vacation spot
Get an R8
Buy rental properties
Start more income streams
Travel to Thailand, Columbia, Mexico, Spain... stay and learn the languages and culture.
Go to EDM fesitivals like tomorrowland and EDC
Throw parties with your friends because its Saturday or Tuesday or Monday
Build schools or provide water in places that need them
Teach people what you do
Build your own personal brand

Still confused as to why this is even a question

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Still confused as to why this is even a question

It's not... it's the same mental masturbation whether you have money or not.

It often reminds me of the scene in "The Italian job" Where everyone says what they are going to do with their share of the gold they steal, then the last dude just does what everyone else did because he doesn't have his own aspirations and ideas....

That would be an example if something like this ever came to fruition..... but it won't, Op will do whatever s/he was doing prior to starting the thread.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
can anyone recommend me some nice things to do with all the freetime?

this question shows that you are not mature enough to have free time

why are you on earth anyway ? like 95 % of the population, you don't know and you don't care anyway

the masses don't know either . they are the energy of society . they are here to work for the masters behind the scenes

Energy ( the masses ) is a tool used by people who do know why they are here and their mission on earth.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
this question shows that you are not mature enough to have free time

why are you on earth anyway ? like 95 % of the population, you don't know and you don't care anyway

the masses don't know either . they are the energy of society . they are here to work for the masters behind the scenes

Energy ( the masses ) is a tool used by people who do know why they are here and their mission on earth.

View attachment 28306
Broseph... this thread is old as dirt and the op checked out as new contributor like 4 years ago.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I almost made it
business is running smooth and i only need 2 to 4 hours a day infront of the computer

can anyone recommend me some nice things to do with all the freetime?

specific things you normally dont think about and that grow you as a person

my age : 22
Im slowly getting old thats why Im asking

Find a body of water where it's warm and live next to it.

Grab some cold drinks and find a girl that you enjoy being around.

Smile all day and chill out, taking a few months off to enjoy life. Get your fitness dialed in. Become someone you admire when you look in the mirror. Soak it in.

You'll realize that "making it" is just waking up every day in the mood you're in during this really happy period of your life. Write down everything in your head when you're happy and things are going right and all you do is chill on a beach or a lake. Save it somewhere.

Then, think about why you're here on this earth. What is your "big thing" you want to do? Something that would keep you excited and that you have a natural desire to do. When you are feeling good about your life you'll be more inclined to think of some big thing that is based on your passion, not based on your ego. Then, start in on your big thing. All the while remembering that "making it" in life is about happiness, not reaching your final goal.

People say "I'll be happy once I reach my goal" and make their goal much too small. And then wait unhappily while they hold their breath monday through friday doing shit they hate.

Instead, choose happiness today, all while working your entire life making progress towards a massive goal that really matters.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The thread is four years old.

I will say the OP is not yet fully safe until he accumulated enough liquid net asset.

I am not sure his exact situation but it seems that he is projecting his life style based on future business earnings.

If I were in his show I will avoid overspending and convert the business earnings into liquid net assets regularly in the financial market.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
It's really weird.

Sometimes I seriously go over in my mind how I would spend money I do not have yet!

Like make a list of every single person since birth that has helped me in my entire life and Gift Them.

Help random strangers.

It is amazing how much these thoughts pop into my head I hope this is not some weird type of self medication bullshit I am doing to myself because I really feel so passionate towards it. I mean my mind goes into intricate details! Then I have to remind myself intentions do not mean jack sheet it's the implementation to make it real.

I firmly believe in hard work but I do play the lottery from time to time but I only get one ticket....yes I know odds increase with volume but for me multiple tickets simplified means I have guaranteed losers in my pocket then so only ONE haha.

SeanLewis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Money/wealth, family/friends/relationships, health/fitness. Go work on the other two you have left now

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Broseph... this thread is old as dirt and the op checked out as new contributor like 4 years ago.
Yeah, seems like he suffers from depression, or he's talking s**t about 'being rich'.

All his threads were "I have so much money and I don't money and I don't know how to fill my days"

I don't know any bored millionaires. I don't have enough money to enjoy like they do, but I have enough to afford the freedom not to be bored. Excess money is fun if you have half a brain and good friends (do you even need half a brain?)!

Happiness comes from within though, I was happy when I was broke too.

I hope for his sake he was just imaginative and not depressed.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
The thread is four years old.

I will say the OP is not yet fully safe until he accumulated enough liquid net asset.

I am not sure his exact situation but it seems that he is projecting his life style based on future business earnings.

If I were in his show I will avoid overspending and convert the business earnings into liquid net assets regularly in the financial market.

Wonderful advice. The future is never certain. Cash in the bank is the only thing that's "real".

BoldBridge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2020
Do you have a vision for your life? In other words, do you have a rough idea of what you want your life to look like in 3, 5, or 10 years? If not, that's a great place to start.

Create a vision that gives your life direction and meaning, then simply start doing things that help you move toward that vision. Parts of your vision might be focused on helping other entrepreneurs, maybe on starting new businesses, maybe doing humanitarian work, it's really up to you.

Have found that without a guiding light/ north star (like what you might gain in a vision), you'll wander aimlessly and never accomplish much of anything. This can sometimes make life feel pointless and empty. Thus, pick a direction and go for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.