The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yes Man - the movie

Anything related to matters of the mind

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Hehehe...you gotta see "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey. Why? It's a "dare" movie, that's why.

Basicly, the plot is: Say yes to everything in your life. Not only some things, say yes to everything. That could mean partying all night and working early the day after. Drinking whisky mixed with milk (ones I mixed coca cola with whisky. Unique taste). You name it. Creativity is the limit.

Life is meant to be lived. Unfortunately many will not dare to do it fully. I have done these dare stuff before (as mentioned in previous posts. Italy is one such dare action of mine which I completed with my life as security. Dangerous thing to do, but I survived to tell the tale:)) so I am pretty comfortable with getting in to trouble and then getting out.

The thing is, being the innovative creative guy I am I thrive on chaos and I like to dare myself (just to see if I could pull it of). So tomorrow I will dare myself all day long by saying yes to stuff (I mean everything. This will be so awesome). I hope I will not rake up a hugh and unpayable bill in the end (the risk exists. Fortunately I have already created somewhat a good passive income stream to pay of pretty high expenses. That is good, because you can accomplish a lot of bad stuff in 24 hours). That would be terrible. But, what the heck, I will do it.

Wish me well. I will try to document it and post it here if you have any interest of knowing what I did. The period will start at 00.01 Stockholm time (Saturday) and end 00.01 Stockholm time (Sunday).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'll start, can I have $100,000 :)

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Ya beat me to it, Bio. ;)

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Yeah it's a pretty funny movie; it's no "Role Models" but it's pretty good. I also swore to say yes to everything for 24 hours after I saw the movie. After telling my husband that I was going to say yes to everything for the next 24 hours, he looks at me and I can see the wheels turning (This is when you know you are married), and he then tells me to eat the popcorn off the floor of the movie theater! Needless to say I didn't, and thus ended my excitement over saying yes to everything--I have since modified my vow to saying yes to anything that seems even slightly interesting.

Charmed Angel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 27, 2007
Tucson & Pittsburgh
I saw this movie, and honestly, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would have been but, I did leave the movie inspired...

Basically, it's keeping your eyes and mind open to everything so you don't miss opportunities.

The movie inspired me to do things and go places that I normally wouldn't, because you never know what new opportunities will come of doing those things. I'm not saying you should do everything, but to take action when you would normally be hesitant due to fear of the unknown.

The day after I saw the movie I got 4 new clients. :hurray:

Charmed Angel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 27, 2007
Tucson & Pittsburgh
Hehehe...you gotta see "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey. Why? It's a "dare" movie, that's why.

Basicly, the plot is: Say yes to everything in your life. Not only some things, say yes to everything. That could mean partying all night and working early the day after. Drinking whisky mixed with milk (ones I mixed coca cola with whisky. Unique taste). You name it. Creativity is the limit.

Life is meant to be lived. Unfortunately many will not dare to do it fully. I have done these dare stuff before (as mentioned in previous posts. Italy is one such dare action of mine which I completed with my life as security. Dangerous thing to do, but I survived to tell the tale:)) so I am pretty comfortable with getting in to trouble and then getting out.

The thing is, being the innovative creative guy I am I thrive on chaos and I like to dare myself (just to see if I could pull it of). So tomorrow I will dare myself all day long by saying yes to stuff (I mean everything. This will be so awesome). I hope I will not rake up a hugh and unpayable bill in the end (the risk exists. Fortunately I have already created somewhat a good passive income stream to pay of pretty high expenses. That is good, because you can accomplish a lot of bad stuff in 24 hours). That would be terrible. But, what the heck, I will do it.

Wish me well. I will try to document it and post it here if you have any interest of knowing what I did. The period will start at 00.01 Stockholm time (Saturday) and end 00.01 Stockholm time (Sunday).

BTW, What came of this for you?

• Banned

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
BTW, What came of this for you?

Just back from NYC (liked it. That city never ends) and from my holiday. Back to work as they say. Have longed for business (it's funny, you go all the year longing for a really long holiday and when you have it you almost go nuts because most of the things can be done in a couple of hours anyway. If you do stuff in my haste).

Well I did try this "Yes" day, but I really had to put up systems for this. Because otherwise I would have been more than broke..hehe. And I guess I would be really dead too.

Well these where the 3 golden rules I used as inhibitors:

1) I will not say yes to anything that will ruin my finances.
2) I will not do anything that will end me up as an invalid or dead.
3) I will only say yes to other peoples proposals, not my own.

Without these golden rules the "Yes" idea is a very bad one:). I would even say a "No" day would be much healthier for you.

Happy I tried it, because otherwise I would not have known for sure. I believe in trying. I like simple solutions, but I am no stranger to the trial and error method.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
We missed you!

BTW did you meet up w/ any of the New York fastlaners while you were here?

I was thinking about posting a thread as I remember you mentioned this trip a few months back and would've really liked to meet up, but Chicago is about a 13.5hr drive from NYC(I know b/c I've done it three times already, most recently last June :smxB:)

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
We missed you!

BTW did you meet up w/ any of the New York fastlaners while you were here?

I was thinking about posting a thread as I remember you mentioned this trip a few months back and would've really liked to meet up, but Chicago is about a 13.5hr drive from NYC(I know b/c I've done it three times already, most recently last June :smxB:)

Unfortunately no. But I have to say NYC is all it was portraited to be:). I loved the energy in the city. I am a guy who likes when things move along quickly. NYC is the city for that.

I am happy I had cash too so I could ride that yellow cab. I went by limousine from the JFK airport (and back). Talk about luxury. Mini bar with champagne and all. With money, life is a whole lot more fun. You can buy a lot with money.

I lived at The Carlyle hotel. Nice restaurant (recommended). And the black polished floor they had was no shame either.

An overall great trip and I am planning for my new adventure already. Gotta stay fit with those experiences.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.