The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Write an affiliate program or buy a software

Marketing, social media, advertising

Entrepreneur_87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 10, 2013
hey this is my first post on the millionaire fastlane forum,

i want to include an affiliate system to my webpage but i dont know whether i should:

1. buy it
2. develop a own script/program
3. it is no question that i hire a third party like cj or something like this to promote my offers.

my question to all who has already a running and successful OWN AFFILIATE PROGRAM:
did you prefer the first point or the second one?
to Mj DeMarko: How did you include your affiliate system?

Thx for your response
best regards
Olaf

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

joschi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Maybe you should give some more informations:

- Have you an developer background?
- What kind of homepage do you run (WP, other script or self-programed)?
- Do you want to develop it yourself or hire someone?

A good way to give more information about you would be to introduce yourself here: Introductions & Networking
I have to mention that I don’t operate an affiliate program right now, but I am about to setting one up. There are cheap reliable programs out there. If you are not a great programmer and can recycle some old code it would make no sense. Except you are planning to sell this affiliate program with the affiliate program ;)

With kind regards
Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
either buy it, rent it, or look for an open source solution. You want to focus on your business, not being technical support for affiliate software.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I ran my affiliate system via my shopping cart system, which just happened to be ejunkie.

ejunkie allows you to have affiliates, give individual (vip) affiliates a higher commission rate, use coupon codes, and automatically deliver information products.

I think prices started at $10/month.

They don't automatically pay your affiliates, they keep track and allow you to export a spreadsheet that you can import into a paypal mass pay (if you're using paypal). I don't know what options they have if you're using google checkout (the other payment processor they support).

Entrepreneur_87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 10, 2013
I just wrote an introduction to myself and iam from germany (berlin) too.
- i am about to teach myself programing (learning by doing)
- i run several pages but this site runs on a typo3 cms
- i want to develop the site myself and perhaps i gonna hire someone in the future

iam not a great programer at the moment, but iam learning every day and i want to setup my pages on my own because it is on the hand cheaper and on the other hand it is important that you know what the whole project/thing is about, isnt it?

what would you say? does it make sense to write a new affiliate program or should i buy a software? i prefer to buy a software and embedding it to my page !

It would be quite interesting how MJ DeMarco handled it with the affiliate software, i think he did it on his own because he mentioned he was one of the first persons who worked with lead-marketing.

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
It depends on what kind of site you are building.

Are you looking to sell a digital content product? Like an ebook or video course or something?

If so, then you can use clickbank.

Otherwise, I recommend checking out hasoffers (google it).

You get the first month free and it's a pretty simple, cloud based solution that you should be able to use and scale as the company grows.

There are a ton of solutions out there, all for different reasons.

Without more details on what you want to do, it's kind of like throwing darts at a board and hoping for the best.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
iam not a great programer at the moment, but iam learning every day and i want to setup my pages on my own because it is on the hand cheaper and on the other hand it is important that you know what the whole project/thing is about, isnt it?

You say you are not a great programmer, yet you want to write a program that handles all the financial aspects, recording sales and reporting amounts to be paid. You screw up an affiliates paycheck by underpaying or overpaying and you have a disaster on your hands.

what would you say? does it make sense to write a new affiliate program or should i buy a software? i prefer to buy a software and embedding it to my page !

several of us have given you our opinion, why are you asking us again?

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
You say you are not a great programmer, yet you want to write a program that handles all the financial aspects, recording sales and reporting amounts to be paid. You screw up an affiliates paycheck by underpaying or overpaying and you have a disaster on your hands.

Agreed, is this something you really want to practice on?

Like mentioned above by one and focus on your business

Entrepreneur_87

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 10, 2013
Yeah thanks for your support, i will use an affiliate software for my business.
"Its true that i have to focus on my business and why should you reinvent the wheel if you want to build a new sportscar?"

Kind regards
Olaf

and lets excecute!

buggy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I've written an affiliate system for an affiliate network in the past so I have some experience on the build it side. My advice to anyone thinking about writing an affiliate system is to stop and buy something instead. Affiliate systems sound really easy to build but they very quickly become complicated, especially if you want to deal with sophisticated affiliates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.