The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

wow, that feels good!

offroadaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
I paid off the entire debt of 14k on one of my credit cards! It feels good to be out from under it. I was looking at the statement and I was paying over $350 each month in interest alone

I still have a ways to go before all of my credit card debt is gone but I just eliminated more then half of it and I feel allot better! :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that has to feel great!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Happy dance time!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:hurray:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
CONGRATULATIONS.
so, now what? you have "extra" $350 a month. What are you planning to do with that?

offroadaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS.
so, now what? you have "extra" $350 a month. What are you planning to do with that?

Good question, I would love to invest it someplace but I think it is better to pay off my remaining credit card balance first. I still have a little over $10,000 to go and Im paying 9.99% interest on it

I could be wrong, but it seems like paying of my debt first would be better then investing the extra money

My short term plan is to use my tax return and my bonus from work to pay down another few thousand, then focus on doubling or tripling my credit card payments so I can have them completely gone by July.

Once they are paid off I will have about $600 extra each month I can use to invest. I'm still working on an investment strategy and trying to decide what I should focus my time and energy on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
If that is your plan then I suggest you listen to the Dave Ramsey show and follow his "snowball" strategy.
Disclaimer: I believe that is the slowest of the slowlane mentality, but I also believe that you are correct in something, if you have nothing better to do with your money then at least get rid of the 'bad debt'.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I paid off the entire debt of 14k on one of my credit cards! It feels good to be out from under it. I was looking at the statement and I was paying over $350 each month in interest alone

I still have a ways to go before all of my credit card debt is gone but I just eliminated more then half of it and I feel allot better! :hurray:

It sounds like you have a 14k credit line available and 10k of bad debt at 9.9%.

How could you use 14k of good debt to pay off 10k of bad debt? A lot more risk involved this way? Yup, but the lessons learned in at least thinking about it could be priceless. It was for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.