The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC wow, that feels good!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

offroadaz

New Contributor
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
I paid off the entire debt of 14k on one of my credit cards! It feels good to be out from under it. I was looking at the statement and I was paying over $350 each month in interest alone

I still have a ways to go before all of my credit card debt is gone but I just eliminated more then half of it and I feel allot better! :hurray:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that has to feel great!

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
CONGRATULATIONS.
so, now what? you have "extra" $350 a month. What are you planning to do with that?

OP
OP
O

offroadaz

New Contributor
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
CONGRATULATIONS.
so, now what? you have "extra" $350 a month. What are you planning to do with that?

Good question, I would love to invest it someplace but I think it is better to pay off my remaining credit card balance first. I still have a little over $10,000 to go and Im paying 9.99% interest on it

I could be wrong, but it seems like paying of my debt first would be better then investing the extra money

My short term plan is to use my tax return and my bonus from work to pay down another few thousand, then focus on doubling or tripling my credit card payments so I can have them completely gone by July.

Once they are paid off I will have about $600 extra each month I can use to invest. I'm still working on an investment strategy and trying to decide what I should focus my time and energy on.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
If that is your plan then I suggest you listen to the Dave Ramsey show and follow his "snowball" strategy.
Disclaimer: I believe that is the slowest of the slowlane mentality, but I also believe that you are correct in something, if you have nothing better to do with your money then at least get rid of the 'bad debt'.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I paid off the entire debt of 14k on one of my credit cards! It feels good to be out from under it. I was looking at the statement and I was paying over $350 each month in interest alone

I still have a ways to go before all of my credit card debt is gone but I just eliminated more then half of it and I feel allot better! :hurray:
It sounds like you have a 14k credit line available and 10k of bad debt at 9.9%.

How could you use 14k of good debt to pay off 10k of bad debt? A lot more risk involved this way? Yup, but the lessons learned in at least thinking about it could be priceless. It was for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I have zero coding skills whatsoever. Are coding skills needed? Will the be learned in the...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@LynX You know, this is a "Marketplace" Thread. Completely appropriate to offer goods and...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock