The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

would you subscribe to a handwritten note service

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1. Can you please explain what the benefit of your service would be?
I was not crystal clear about the idea, I first started by what I can do and then moved for looking the need.
the benefits can be like:
a handwritten apology or a coupon code, restaurants where you receive it with chefs note(for ai it can be instantaneous) and invites is I think customers would feel better.

But it is not handwritten. So those benefits go away. It is machine printed. You are selling a fake handwritten note.

2. What does the person receiving the email think?
to be honest, I don't know, the receiving person may think that the company cares enough to send a written note.

When you receive an email with a jpg of a scanned printed note, do you feel like someone sent you a handwritten note?

Or do you think someone scribbled on paper and took a photo of it with their phone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Now I an considering all 3 options combined.
1. AI based
2. Plotter based
3. Human based

2 and 3 can be stacked together, using ai to make your handwriting and plotter to write.

Looking for your valuable feedback

I think no matter how the note is written, it needs to be physically mailed.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I think there's a company out which has grandparents as their employees that write out letters. And OP, I think you're over-complicating it. People just want nice, hand-written letters. You don't need AI or machine learning. Just get somebody that has good handwriting.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
But it is not handwritten. So those benefits go away. It is machine printed. You are selling a fake handwritten note.
I think It's a grey area here, I have looked a lot of videos and blogs.
you won't even find a difference and with my ML model your writing will also be the same.

yes my Idea pivoted, but I think its a good thing

When you receive an email with a jpg of a scanned printed note, do you feel like someone sent you a handwritten note?

Or do you think someone scribbled on paper and took a photo of it with their phone?
the customer won't be able to differentiate between notes.

one more thing.
getting actual people to write the note, collect them(because its distributed), and ship it to us from India is taking extra effort, time, and money.

in other scenarios, I can just ship the machine to US and hire a freelancer to operate it.

with machine and machine learning I can use any language so there is the plus side there.

just putting my point.
I respect your opinion and mean no disrespect.
I really appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I think there's a company out which has grandparents as their employees that write out letters. And OP, I think you're over-complicating it. People just want nice, hand-written letters. You don't need AI or machine learning. Just get somebody that has good handwriting.
@Ocean Man I get your point, I am using the process which is not at all required.

leaving the AI part, because I can make it within a week so why not.

the new pivoted process is:
1. send the message
2. plotter writes the message
3. we send it.

the previous plan was:
1. send message
2. we distribute it to writers(which we have to manually hire the people based on their writing capabilities).
3. writers send photos so we check their work is up to standard.
4. writers send notes to the collection facility.
5. we ship them.
estimated time for the previous plan is 7-10 days, while for new plan is 2-4 days(including shipping time)

If there is a lot of demand in another country we just ship the machines, set up the operations there so shipping time will reduce, machines can work remotely via the internet and some human help.

AI is just the cherry on the cake, that you can duplicate your handwriting if you want to.

Hope I am being clear

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I think no matter how the note is written, it needs to be physically mailed.
yes, that can be arranged easily.

and also

will it work if it's written by machine but you won't be able to tell the difference?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
A mail merge, like direct marketing personalised letters that fill in individual's details from a database
You mean personalization, for same content swap out name, date, their pets name etc..

If yes, this can alos be easily included just by writing a short script

D

DeletedUser-1

You mean personalization, for same content swap out name, date, their pets name etc..

If yes, this can alos be easily included just by writing a short script
Yes, then if you can make it hard copy in a variety of formats, cards, letters etc, written in ink, pen, pencil, crayon or whatever, not printed, that can be sent snail mail in a hand written envelope you're on to a winner.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Yes, then if you can make it hard copy in a variety of formats, cards, letters etc, written in ink, pen, pencil, crayon or whatever, not printed, that can be sent snail mail in a hand written envelope you're on to a winner.
Yes thats the plan. Will try my best to make it look close to orignal

I am currently looking for soft proof first that the product is needed and am looking to collect some emails for potential clients.
(If i am successful in building it, I plan to send a written note, on machine of course and mail it to leads and hope to convert them into clients)

Then I will begin freelancing to buy parts.
Then testing and improving.
Then systemizing it.
Then it can be available for masses.

I believe @biophase could be one of my first customer so his feedback is really valuable.
Waiting for it

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
yes, that can be arranged easily.

and also

will it work if it's written by machine but you won't be able to tell the difference?

If I can’t tell if it’s handwritten or plotter made then it would be fine.

I think the key to this is having real pen ink or pencil or marker where people go, wow this is really handwritten. We see fake looking handwritten letters all the time in junk mail.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

I think having a printer in the USA to print and mail would be the easiest way to go.

Plus you can’t really mail from India and have people believe it came from a company or person in the US.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I got a better idea. Let's say I am the CEO of a company and I want to write 100 thank you letters to 100 different clients about 100 different things.

The fastest way for me to do this would be to dictate all 100 letters and have it recorded. What if you took my 100 letters, edited them for grammar, remove any "ums" and "ahs", basically have an AI or person edit them, handwrote them (or plotted them) and sent them out all as a service?

Plymouth Oyster

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
May 25, 2020
The Ocean
I think having a printer in the USA to print and mail would be the easiest way to go.

Plus you can’t really mail from India and have people believe it came from a company or person in the US.
They can be bulk mailed to the US or whatever country and posted from there.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I got a better idea. Let's say I am the CEO of a company and I want to write 100 thank you letters to 100 different clients about 100 different things.

The fastest way for me to do this would be to dictate all 100 letters and have it recorded. What if you took my 100 letters, edited them for grammar, remove any "ums" and "ahs", basically have an AI or person edit them, handwrote them (or plotted them) and sent them out all as a service?
I will give several automations and this voice recorder after I build and made my 1st sell.

I think instead of trying ro make all the automations, I will just ask user what automation they need and only do that, like you requested this voice to handwriting, we will start working on it immediately and do it in week and inform you(because several automations are very small scripts that can be built in day or ar week)

First focusing on building an MVP.

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston

Exactly....It's discouraging to see so many people here trying to think of ways to automate and "fool" the customer. That is fundamentally dishonest and sleazy. You're treating people like crap by LYING. Whatever happened to DECENCY, and INTEGRITY to provide a legit service to people?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Exactly....It's discouraging to see so many people here trying to think of ways to automate and "fool" the customer. That is fundamentally dishonest and sleazy. You're treating people like crap by LYING. Whatever happened to DECENCY, and INTEGRITY to provide a legit service to people?
This thread was started like the handwritten service by humans but in the discussion, I felt like I need to pivot.

I am not lying by promoting it as original handwritten, I am providing the service to automate personalized note.

Hope that makes it a bit clear, to be frank, I am confused as well.
I will first get proof that my idea is what people need, then I can fully commit to it.

by the way, I am currently experimenting before committing, currently I am also exploring auto photo retouching and scaling using AI as my final year project will build it as SAAS later but the first priority is freelancing to get started with my fastlane journey.

would love to hear more from you, appreciate your genuine feedback

Last edited:

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
This thread was started like the handwritten service by humans but in the discussion, I felt like I need to pivot.

I am not lying by promoting it as original handwritten, I am providing the service to automate personalized note.

Hope that makes it a bit clear, to be frank, I am confused as well.
I will first get proof that my idea is what people need, then I can fully commit to it.

by the way, I am currently experimenting before committing, currently I am also exploring auto photo retouching and scaling using AI as my final year project will build it as SAAS later but the first priority is freelancing to get started with my fastlane journey.

would love to hear more from you, appreciate your genuine feedback
Handwritten means handwritten by a person....Anything else is a lie to the customer. If you want to be unethical and deceive people you could always move to China or India and practice business with most of the scumbags on Earth who have now values, integrity, or decency. That's my opinion on it. I just don't understand why people are always trying to scam and fool people in business. It's much easier to be an honest human being and help others. Your grateful customers will reward you with all the money you need.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
but it's not HANDwritten. You shouldn't market it like that to your customers.
what do you suggest?
should I market it differently or use it handwritten.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Handwritten means handwritten by a person....Anything else is a lie to the customer. If you want to be unethical and deceive people you could always move to China or India and practice business with most of the scumbags on Earth who have now values, integrity, or decency. That's my opinion on it. I just don't understand why people are always trying to scam and fool people in the business. It's much easier to be an honest human being and help others. Your grateful customers will reward you with all the money you need.
what do you suggest, manually handwritten is certainly doable, but think of these constraints.
1. time(10 - 12 days)
2. cost(more than 3 USD per card with a min of 50 cards).

I can not use the same process for different languages as I am leveraging other countries(It's fine for now).

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
what do you suggest, manually handwritten is certainly doable, but think of these constraints.
1. time(10 - 12 days)
2. cost(more than 3 USD per card with a min of 50 cards).

I can not use the same process for different languages as I am leveraging other countries(It's fine for now).

If it's not viable, look for another business imo. I would maintain integrity, which will win out in the long run.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
what do you suggest?
should I market it differently or use it handwritten.
Run the numbers, how much time per x number of words for hand written, and how much can you charge
Vs
Marketing it as "affordable written with an actual pen" card service. You could concentrate more on "choose your ink" and "choose your writing style" and have several photos of pens with their output below it, therefore emphasizing using an actual pen.
"pro" tier could be submit your own handwritten page and have their notes copy their handwriting, like you were suggesting earlier.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
"pro" tier could be submit your own handwritten page and have their notes copy their handwriting, like you were suggesting earlier.
nice addition there, I was giving it away for free

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.