The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

would you subscribe to a handwritten note service

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi Fastlaners,
I have a small saas idea, say you are a business owner and would like to send a personalized handwritten note to your every customer now the problem is you don't have time.
what my idea is you write a message digitally and upload it to my webapp and I create a handwritten note of the message with your handwriting so you can print it out or send it via Email, you do have to send a hand written note once.

[EDIT]
based on initial feedback, now I do consider additional options
1. a handwritten note, and a step beyond
Caligraphy handwritten note

2. plotter.
would have this custom build for a cheaper price (around $100) and rent it to high-frequency orders like chefs note, but not now
Reason: I don't want to spend money before I make it(my mentor's advice: don't spend money before you have it).

what do you think of my idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
Why would I subscribe to your service?

Actually, _I am_ in the situation where I would need something that speeds up handwritten notes.

BUT: You can digitalize your handwriting anywhere. But EVERY FOOL sees the difference between a printed and a handwritten note.

That's why handwritten notes mean that whoever wrote them to the customer cares enough about them that he spared the time to write them up. And that is the value it provides.

So your service is taking the value out of the handwritten note instead of adding to it. The promise of your service is to save time. But like I already said: Digitalized handwriting has already been done.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I would if:
  • I was in sales;
  • Someone would actually hand-write them for me to send to a client instead of having it printed.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Actually, _I am_ in the situation where I would need something that speeds up handwritten notes.

BUT: You can digitalize your handwriting anywhere. But EVERY FOOL sees the difference between a printed and a handwritten note.

That's why handwritten notes mean that whoever wrote them to the customer cares enough about them that he spared the time to write them up. And that is the value it provides.

So your service is taking the value out of the handwritten note instead of adding to it. The promise of your service is to save time. But like I already said: Digitalized handwriting has already been done.
Actually my plan is to use Machine learning to make an exect copy of your handwriting, so I am not doing like first writing it by hand and then digitising it.

I am not rigid to the idea, willing to make adjustments as required.
Just asking for a soft proof, your input will be valuable.

D

DeletedUser-1

Hi Fastlaners,
I have a small saas idea, say you are a business owner and would like to send a personalized handwritten note to your every customer now the problem is you don't have time.
what my idea is you write a message digitally and upload it to my webapp and I create a handwritten note of the message with your handwriting so you can print it out or send it via Email, you do have to send a hand written note once.

what do you think of my idea
How will you address by name to the recipient?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I would if:
  • I was in sales;
  • Someone would actually hand-write them for me to send to a client instead of having it printed.
1. Please be more precise.
Are you in sales?
2. Yes that can be arranged.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
@Andy Black you are into sales and marketing, what do you think of the idea

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
1. Please be more precise.
Are you in sales?
2. Yes that can be arranged.

No, I am not.

I think you can gather very valuable feedback on your idea on Reddit/r/Sales if you were to take this route.
People are friendly there, even though it's Reddit lol. I mean, most of the time when I tried to get some feedback on my ideas on reddit - I was thrown rocks at.

If you could have a service that offers hand-written notes to sales managers and teams that they could send to their prospects - I think it'd be super cool and worth-pursuing idea.

Sales professionals are very busy people and don't want to spend their time handwriting. This type of "follow-up" can definitely turn a few of their prospect's heads around, compared to a boring email.

Last edited:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think people might actually use this. They wouldn't want to admit that they used it, though. You could call it the Dirty Little Secret for sales reps. (or something like that, maybe something not so sleazy sounding)

You should use a device like the following to do the writing. I'm sure they come with a selection of fonts. Your customer could pick from the font that most resembles their handwriting. It doesn't have to be exact.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I think people might actually use this. They wouldn't want to admit that they used it, though. You could call it the Dirty Little Secret for sales reps. (or something like that, maybe something not so sleazy sounding)

You should use a device like the following to do the writing. I'm sure they come with a selection of fonts. Your customer could pick from the font that most resembles their handwriting. It doesn't have to be exact.

With that it makes sense!
I would use it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This doesn't make sense to me because once you print it out, it ceases to become a handwritten note. It becomes a printed note. I can do this with a tablet or any touchscreen and print it. Why would I pay for a computer copy of my handwriting if I have to print and mail it myself? The service should do everything.

If I were doing this, I'd want someone the write the note by hand using ink, pencil, marker on a piece of paper and then mail that piece of paper to the recipient.

Can you please explain what the benefit of your service would be? What does the person receiving the email think?

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This doesn't make sense to me because once you print it out, it ceases to become a handwritten note. It becomes a printed note. I can do this with a tablet or any touchscreen and print it. Why would I pay for a computer copy of my handwriting if I have to print and mail it myself? The service should do everything.

If I were doing this, I'd want someone the write the note by hand using ink, pencil, marker on a piece of paper and then mail that piece of paper to the recipient.

Can you please explain what the benefit of your service would be? What does the person receiving the email think?
see my comment above and take a look at the plotter that automates handwritten notes...

There are more expensive versions of this device. The President uses one when he sends out 'handwritten' letters to people.

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad
Hi Fastlaners,

what do you think of my idea

While I think the idea to speed up the process is smart, once people know that a service like that is out there they will no longer value the notes because they will think it was done by a computer (no matter how great the program writes to make it look handwritten). By creating the service you are killing the meaning.

It's the same thing as personalizing an email with the person's name that is automatically done by taking the name they used to sign up for a newsletter. Everyone knows its automated so it means nothing.

I think you have a good thought process and I'm sure you will come up with another idea. I just don't see this becoming a hit.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
see my comment above and take a look at the plotter that automates handwritten notes...

There are more expensive versions of this device. The President uses one when he sends out 'handwritten' letters to people.

The OP wants to email it back to you for you to print it out. I’m guessing most people don’t have one of these plotters. :)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The OP wants to email it back to you for you to print it out. I’m guessing most people don’t have one of these plotters. :)

Hmm. I think the OP needs to change his business model...

I might try this just so I can buy one of those plotters...they look really cool. :)

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Its actually not a bad idea, but 800 USD and it takes a humongous amount of time.
[Edit]: I take my words back, I don't know how much time will it take but it was my estimate.
I can use it at later, or extend the capability by renting this type of service with a famous local franchise.
Reason: I don't want to spend the money before I make a sale.

I believe i have either of the 2 options.
1. Get people to write
2. Get ai to write.

Thanks for you input. Appreciate that. :smile2:

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hmm. I think the OP needs to change his business model...

I might try this just so I can buy one of those plotters...they look really cool. :)

I guess you are right, I can combine both ml and plotter to get more good looking note

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
While I think the idea to speed up the process is smart, once people know that a service like that is out there they will no longer value the notes because they will think it was done by a computer (no matter how great the program writes to make it look handwritten). By creating the service you are killing the meaning.

It's the same thing as personalizing an email with the person's name that is automatically done by taking the name they used to sign up for a newsletter. Everyone knows its automated so it means nothing.

I think you have a good thought process and I'm sure you will come up with another idea. I just don't see this becoming a hit.
Thank you for your Honest Feedback.:smile2:

still, personalized email better than non personalized the email.
people still click 1st google link knowing and it's written its an ad.

I feel there is an opportunity here, and finding ways to milk this cow.
I don't think it as my main business in the long run(3 - 5 years), but It can be for the short term(1 - 2 years), and it is something to start on and gain business experience.

still love the honesty and looking for a reply

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
the idea was supposed to be
you write text or automation for a personalized note => upload your handwritten note or choose from your stored handwriting => send you handwritten note(made by AI) or you can just download it.

now it's up to the recipient what to do with it, send it printed or just attach it on email

the plotter is not involved as it's expensive and is not practical, you know that text is written by machine(I don't know why and how, but you just know)

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
thank you, by your and others feedback now I consider both the option

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
1. Can you please explain what the benefit of your service would be?
I was not crystal clear about the idea, I first started by what I can do and then moved for looking the need.
the benefits can be like:
a handwritten apology or a coupon code, restaurants where you receive it with chefs note(for ai it can be instantaneous) and invites is I think customers would feel better.
I have no background knowledge just saying from gut feel.

2. What does the person receiving the email think?
to be honest, I don't know, the receiving person may think that the company cares enough to send a written note.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Thank you for pointing this out.

you are correct if I can do it there are more knowledgeable people than me.
now I am also considering an actual person writing a note.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Now I an considering all 3 options combined.
1. AI based
2. Plotter based
3. Human based

2 and 3 can be stacked together, using ai to make your handwriting and plotter to write.

Looking for your valuable feedback

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!