The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Work-Life Balance

DeanG30

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 3, 2022
Hi All. I run a few businesses and I have a question about time management and work-life balance.
How do those of you that are single manage to work long hours but still find time to go out on dates and catch up with friends?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon101637

There's no work life balance it's stupid and people who say to have a work life balance are just average individuals that's the stupidest things I've heard after following your passion I don't want ordinary life I want an extraordinary one and an extraordinary life requires sacrifice, hardwork, failure and a lot more like you could build a business working 40 hours a week in order to have a successful business you have to sacrifice a lot. Work life balance people are just middle class poor and average people that's why they are poor. When I hear this advice from family or other people I can't retain myself from laughing. True work-life balance is freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want and be free from the artificial slavery system made by men now you want that financial freedom so bad so get back and work your a$$ off to not live like 99 % of the people if I can help motivating you. True work-life balance is when you realize that each day is a saturday and each day is just the earth rotating for 24 hours 365 times a year around the sun that's it work life balance is purely man made why do you worry about that. I don't care whether my life is balanced or not because I know in my head that my hard work will lead to extraordinary lifestyle and if I'm thinking about oh I don't have a work-life balance I would have never been that great with computer skills and programming and for me if I'm thinking about work-life balance I'm slave to others because I worry about what others think about me I don't care I just do my things and that's it and all the hard work will lead me to the real work-life balance where work is removed from the equation not opposed to the equation like black and white thinking work-life balance is black and white thinking for me

287938173_1105391823443307_3124000081254559996_n.png311061279_1219630921933721_8527106557154498792_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hi All. I run a few businesses and I have a question about time management and work-life balance.
How do those of you that are single manage to work long hours but still find time to go out on dates and catch up with friends?
Whenever someone mentions "life work-balance" like you, I know it's because 99.9% of the time the individual who's asking this(not saying this is you) is lazy and doesn't want to put in the work that's required.

You got a choice. Either you want to be like everybody else: have a normal 9-5, average looking wife, average car, average house, go on a vacation once or twice a year, make $40k-$50k a year etc. Then that's your choice and there's nothing wrong with that! Most people are happy with that!

But since you're on this forum, I suppose you want to live an extraordinary life. And guess what? An extraordinary life requires a lot of hard work. Heck, most of the friends that you might have(especially if you're just starting out) are not really your friends. You both are using the same drug like TV, watching football games, playing video games, drinking at the bar talking about the good times etc. NO, that's a waste of valuable of time.

Especially if you're starting out or are broke, still living with your parents, man you need to get your a$$ to work. You need to try everything that you can to make this goal a reality.

I'm not saying you can't ever hangout with your "old buddies" or date chicks on the side, of course you can do a little bit of fun stuff, but your main focus should be your work/business, and that should take 80-90% of your time. Especially if you're making less than $1m net.

However, if you're already experienced and have a big business where you're netting several millions of dollars a year, now you can focus on systems and have a better time management structure. But that's a different thing. Very, very few people on this forum are at this level, most of you are between the steps from 1-5. The time management thing becomes handy once you're at step 50-60.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Hi Dean, great question. I am a father of one daughter and also have a full time job. No side hustle, yet. So work life balance can suck sometimes for me as for everyone else. The best way I have found that works for me, is that basically you need to realize that life is a never ending marathon and there is no point in burning out. What I would propose is try to work hard to get what needs to be done, but not to a point of mental breakdown. Because then it will cost time to get back on track. To do this, you need to understand your limits and take a small time off when needed. For example what works for me is that I have in my calendar what I should do when and I try to honour it: eg every day I work on my (to be still in ideation phase/ wantepreneur status) business and every second day I need to exercise by lifting weights. I have specific timeslots for these activities (for the business part I also do when I find a timeslot) but if I feel very tired I just skip it. BUT I skip it only once. I use the rule to never skip twice. This has allowed me to lose 35 kilos and get in shape. If you are tired half assing it sometimes is better than 0 effort. Moving slowly towards your goal is still moving. Don't always half a$$ it becaus if you always half a$$ it you will get half the results. Hope that helps. Life is short and people need to chill with toxic productivity.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
I don't think people who believe in the concept of "work-life balance" know what it's like to have an obsession with excellence. The obsession of wanting to build something great, obtain freedom, or create permanent changes because you're sick of not getting results.

When you have this obsession you will feel extreme hatred if not loathing toward things that take away your time and provide nothing of value in return Even if it's a family member or your so-called "friends".

Ex. family member gossiping and wants a reaction. Friends crying to you about dumb shit they can't control or refuse to take control of.

I drop all the friends that simply want to "hang out, smoke, drink, talk about the past" and do nothing. Most of my current buddies hit the gym, enjoy a sauna or steam room session, or hike. I do all of these things already without them. When I think I need some company I simply ask if they would like to join. If they join, great, if not it's cool too. My life is awesome anyways and I always have things to work on.

A

Anon101637

I don't think people who believe in the concept of "work-life balance" know what it's like to have an obsession with excellence. The obsession of wanting to build something great, obtain freedom, or create permanent changes because you're sick of not getting results.

When you have this obsession you will feel extreme hatred if not loathing toward things that take away your time and provide nothing of value in return Even if it's a family member or your so-called "friends".

Ex. family member gossiping and wants a reaction. Friends crying to you about dumb shit they can't control or refuse to take control of.

I drop all the friends that simply want to "hang out, smoke, drink, talk about the past" and do nothing. Most of my current buddies hit the gym, enjoy a sauna or steam room session, or hike. I do all of these things already without them. When I think I need some company I simply ask if they would like to join. If they join, great, if not it's cool too. My life is awesome anyways and I always have things to work on.
Exactly I don't care about the average lifestyle I want to be extraordinary why would I want to live like 99 % of the people where most of them are not even happy in their life they make it seems like but they are not. I don't care if I'm hated I'm don't live to please everyone and if I live on everyone terms then I'll be unhappy I don't care if people hate me it's positive if they hate me it's because they are unhappy in their life and they have already give up

A

Anon101637

Better thing you can do is use the butterfly effect on people so people will feel like they have been beaten which in fact is not the case so for exemple someone say you'll probably never be rich you say back you're probably right but atleast I work for and move on so you keep your energy same thing for work life balance if someone say to you that you should live a more balanced life tell him I live a balance life I love what I do and I'm happy and if they insist tell him oh I will improve something which you won't but just so the guys can turn your back on you it's pretty funny to use this technique because it helps you save your energy and you move on to things fast without concern where the other person might still be thinking about it. The butterfly effect is the best because it's funny and you don't give an absolute F*ck about what the person is saying so it's a win situation try using this method and I guarantee you'll be happier in your life it's already working for me

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Just wait till you are married, have kids… ;)

My definition of work/life balance is this: if I take care of time with my family, exercise daily, have fun hobbies and it’s all supported by my business - balanced.

If you have no time to date, you are not leveraging people (staff) in your business.

There was a funny thread here about a guy asking if you can be an entrepreneur and have a dog?! Lol. Again, time management question. But reality is plenty of people have amazing big successful business, family, dogs , hobbies etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.