• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

"Work" and "Fun"

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by AfterWind, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AfterWind

AfterWind Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $788
    For the past few weeks I started putting a lot of effort into something that wasn't a job. The first couple days I have worked only a couple hours in-between gaming sessions and other time wasters that I considered "fun".

Alright, efficiency is nowhere to be seen with this schedule so I cut everything that meant "fun" to me and started only putting effort on that or doing other types of "work".

And... absolutely nothing changed. What? Why? How? Shouldn't I be completely drained?

Well, it's simple. "Work" and "Fun" are two sides of the same coin. The only thing that differentiates them is how you perceive them. It's all in your mind.

For both you need to put effort, otherwise, it gets boring really fast. The thing that makes "having fun" fun for most is just that change of environment and, possibly, the change in amount of non-rewarding effort.

This might be of value to people that are struggling with bad habits.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,632
    Entrepreneurship is a video game.

You level up, develop skills, and earn money.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.