The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wood-working hobby or making other cool stuff? Show us your pictures (and check out mine)!!!

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you here loves to work with wood and make stuff out of it? I'll add some pictures of my small projects from the past.
These are just some things that I did after work in the recent years.

When we were living in Norway, we didn't have an Estonian flag and the independence day was coming up. So I cut small pieces of wood, painted them and glued them on this white plate. Later I added LED strip too. I think Estonia has the most beautiful flag in the world.

This is a log house I made for my bunny. I love log houses and I'd love to build one for myself in the future. I am sure I will succeed! But in the meantime he can live like a rich bunbun!

Just some chairs I made last year :)

When we moved in a new apartment, there wasn't a bed. So I made one. We don't use it anymore because we moved and now it's sold already.

This is a bar cabinet. It was quite difficult to make and the end result is not as good as it can be. In the future I will make another one and it will be much better :p

So this is it. I can't find more pictures at the moment. Would love to see your wood working projects too!

Take care everybody, I hope you have a successful week!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
I used to own my own custom carpentry and cabinetry company. Just a few things I've built that I have pictures of.

That's great! Thank you for sharing.
Did you sell the company or what happened?

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
just let it die out. I lost the love I had for doing it and I currently don't have a shop. I plan on getting back to it after I purchase my house.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
My buddy Ken, who I am texting as I type (we text every night), used to have every wood working tool known to man. He had a hell of a workshop..... then he lost his right foot..... then his wife divorced him (final last Friday).... he just sold all of his machines and the house and is moving to a smaller place. He was very good and still LOVES making things. He hopes that some day he can be able to do some stuff again..... enjoy it while you can. 1 day he was happy and making all kinds of things and the next he was in the hospital for 9 months and lost a foot, and then she divorced him. But he has good attitude and will probably make a come back within a year.

He made a lot of furniture for Montessori schools..... book cases, picnic tables and what ever they needed. They didn't have many desks but he made lots of other things.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Just some simple wine bottle stoppers to get a feel for the lathe. I enjoy it though!

These look great! You make them?

But he has good attitude and will probably make a come back within a year.

Thank you for sharing!
That's a rough situation and can destroy a man. But what you're telling, sounds he's a great guy and mentally strong too so I hope everything goes well for him in the future!

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
We're planning a charity run tomorrow and yesterday we had a meeting, so bunch of people came over and at one point one lady said that she's been looking this bar cabinet a long time, it's so cool and she's wondering where she can buy one. Then everybody else went a long: Oh yeah, me too, thats so cool, I'd love one!
Then I said quietly: Mm, I made it with my own tiny hands.. :)

Nobody believed it at first and they were so surprised. It was fun and it's a great feeling when somebody loves something you've put an effort in.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
LOVE woodworking!! I wanna make more guitars like this one I made in 2013:

Evil-Axe-Guitar-by-Eskil-Nordhaug-BC-Rich-Widow-Blackie-Lawless-replica-1000px.jpg

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
That looks so awesome! Why haven't you done more after 2013?

Because I got "sidetracked" with a certain other BIG project.... lol:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
@Strm How does the bunny house hold up to him/her ? My bunny would probably have dug 2-3 new doors and a sunroof already :rofl:.

I know it isn't woodworking per se, but I'd love it if more people would share what they create... I've been looking back at @Lex DeVille creations a lot with his engravings.

It's not a creation, but I bought a random orbital polisher 2 weeks ago and I want to start paint correction and polishing cars and motorcycles.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
@Strm How does the bunny house hold up to him/her ? My bunny would probably have dug 2-3 new doors and a sunroof already :rofl:.

@Jeff Noel It's really strong and it's holding up. He has chewed the window a bit but that's it :)
Now it has a flat roof so he sleeps on it during the night. It's next to my bed and right next to my head. Goes to sleep the same time as me and we wake up together too :p

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I really love that chain there. Neat little detail.
I went through 12 different chains to find one that looked good but could hold the weight of the fully loaded bin and door. That by far was the hardest part of the design.
The bin was held in place by a french cleat design that kept the bin bag in place just by the weight of the bin.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.