The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva EVER be dethroned?

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Who can touch this guy?

Anderson Silva has long been regarded as pound-for-pound the best fighter in the WORLD. Every fighter he's pitted against, he dominates. With his supreme level of talent and quickness it almost seems that he "toys" with his opponents (especially during the initial minutes of the first round - his "feeling out" stage), frustrating and taunting them; daring his adversary to take their best shot at him.

He has walked through every competitor in the middleweight division in the UFC, hardly breaking a sweat. He's even tested stepping up a weight class to give himself more of a challenge - only to knockout his light-heavyweight opponent in just over a minute of the first round.

There is no doubt that Anderson Silva is one of the best fighters of our era; but many contend that with the pool of world-class fighters in the UFC, almost anyone can defeat anyone in a matchup. But this Silva guy is completely on a another level. If he ever is to lose, I certainly don't see it happening any time soon.

What do you guys think - is there anyone that can take away Silva's belt, or will he retire as undisputed middleweight champion of the UFC?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
Re: Will UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva EVER be dethron

Fedor is the best pound for pound IMO.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

Fedor is the best pound for pound IMO.

Fedor is one of my favorites to watch. It's just unfortunate that the UFC hasn't been able to bring him onboard.

I am certain he would gain much more respect with the people that come up with these pound-for-pound rankings, if he were fighting in the UFC. Even though he has victories over some of the best in the world it seems as if he gets a little bit less respect from some of the media because he is in a secondary MMA league.

Personally, I have Silva and Emelianeno neck and neck for first and second, and the distance between the two of them and 3rd place is so far you'd have to catch a bus.

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

Gotta agree with Jito on this one. Fedor is an animal. It's a bummer what happened last night with Cote's knee last night, but he was losing anyway. How did you guys like that Sherk fight? I think it was the best one of the evening.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

How did you guys like that Sherk fight? I think it was the best one of the evening.

The Sherk-Griffin fight was definately the best matchup of the night, but I must have been watching a different fight than the judges - I don't see how Sherk could have won by unanimous decision; I would have judged it a tie. Hopefully there will be a rematch in the future.

The highlight of the night for me was seeing cocky Josh Koschek get smoked :boxing_smiley: - I can't stand that guy.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Bump for the Anderson Silva fans.
15 straight wins in the UFC ...aaaaaaaaaaaand STILL the undisputed UFC Middleweight Champion of the world! ...Anderson, the Spiderrrrrrrrrr, SILVA!!

Anderson-Silva-mata-a-guarda-de-Sonnen-com-o-joelho-e-espanca-o-desafiante-nos-momentos-finais-do-UFC-148.-Foto-Divulgacao-UFC.jpg

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
If he ever makes the mistake of stepping up to light heavy-weight we all know what will happen. Ask Rampage, Shogun, and Rashad Evans what happened to them. Hint JBJ.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
The knee by Silva when Sonnen on the ground was illegal, and was part of what finished him off. I think Sonnen is due for another rematch. Decent fight, however.

And Griffin won the fight from Saturday night...

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
The knee by Silva when Sonnen on the ground was illegal, and was part of what finished him off.

From what I saw, the knee was to the sternum, which is a legal move.

I think Sonnen is due for another rematch.

If you recall, Chael said if he were to lose to Anderson a second time he would "leave the UFC forever". Personally, I think Dana White should hold him to that statement.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Was definately a legal knee, hit him flush in the sternum, there's a good slow motion replay on the mma opinion website from side view.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Was definately a legal knee, hit him flush in the sternum, there's a good slow motion replay on the mma opinion website from side view.

Man, that is a great replay!

index.php

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Ah my bad, I misunderstood the rules. I was under the impression you couldn't throw knees when the opponent was down.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Sonnen is probably the best at selling fights. UFC will likely keep the cash cow.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
From what I saw, the knee was to the sternum, which is a legal move.

If you recall, Chael said if he were to lose to Anderson a second time he would "leave the UFC forever". Personally, I think Dana White should hold him to that statement.

Def looks like a sternum shot.

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
I like both of them. But Silva's thigh, the biggest muscle on the human body, hit Chael square on the jaw making Chael bite his tongue. That alone required a number of stitches. Of course the knee was legit because that's what everyone was focused on. Also, the ref was cleaning vaseline off of Silva before the match....must have rubbed on a lot.

I just hope Seagal stays away from Silva. Doesn't seem to be doing Silva any real good with his personality. There's a video of Seagal saying stuff like "there's things that everyone thought was illegal but isn't". Sounds like a class A parasite attached to a class A athlete :T

Anyway, Chael might have a chance to get into the WWE which might not be a bad thing for him. He's real good at selling himself.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Another bump for Saturday's win over Bonnar.

His wins over his opponents are getting to the point where you have to wonder if the fights are fixed or if he's some kind of alien-super-saiyan because surely nobody could be *THAT* dominant over their opponents.

It's like the ad with Bonnar and Griffin (added it below): "Don't stand with the guy... don't try and punch him... you don't really want to kick him... playing the submission angle, no good... oh, and don't talk any trash." Haha

[video=youtube;JN2u2cV76PI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN2u2cV76PI[/video]

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
posted twice please delete

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I don't believe they're fixed he's on a different level maybe near super saiyan alien lol. Jon Jones would be his best match but too bad it may never happen. I don't think gsp would beat him.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Bump

It finally happened, someone caught him while showboating, I predicted with mates a second round knockout I just backed the wrong fighter!

D

DeletedUser394

The whole thing looked stranged. A. Silva didn't look like he even cared that he lost, he seemed indifferent about everything. He was champ for something like 2,700 days, and has made untold millions... I wouldn't care at that point either haha.

FiveOone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jan 16, 2013
Australia
A. Silva didn't look like he even cared that he lost, he seemed indifferent about everything

Definitely this, I thought the exact same thing. Look at when this thread was started though, 2008. He has had the entire division locked down since 2006 when he first took the belt, that is one serious reign of terror. Although the way he lost does somewhat tarnish his legacy, hes still probaly the best ive ever seen.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Bump

It finally happened, someone caught him while showboating, I predicted with mates a second round knockout I just backed the wrong fighter!

Yep, that sucked. Probably no worse way to lose in my opinion. But I think we'll see the real Anderson Silva show up to fight in the rematch.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Yep, that sucked. Probably no worse way to lose in my opinion. But I think we'll see the real Anderson Silva show up to fight in the rematch.
He lost to his own ego, not his opponent. Horrible to watch. He said he will no longer fight for the belt but he signed a 10 fight deal so it's probably a breach of contract if he doesn't.

Hopefully he'll move up a weight class so he knows that a mistake will get him knocked on his a$$. I'd like to see what the guy can do when he's tested a bit.

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
When I watched this fight it was an important lesson that even the top dogs need remain humble. The last couple of years I have watched some of the cocky type of ring antics coming from Silva and I was thinking... That's gonna bit him in the a$$ someday. Well it finally did and he lost.

Silva is interesting because during interviews he seems like a very humble dude and appreciates being given the opportunity to fight for a living and provide for his family. However in the ring in the latter part of his career his taunting and show-boatmanship aren't very entertaining to watch. I'm definitely not a huge fan of this type of behavior.

In all honestly I expected him to lose eventually just due to odds. The chance for any fighter to have an impeccable record is slim to none. It is an any given Sunday type of deal like in football. With MMA, winning is just a tap on the chin or choke away... The margin for error is very slim especially at this level of fighting.

I wrestle and train jiu jitsu and I see in there sometimes even the best get caught. This is just how it goes and there are anomalies just like in nature or day to day life. The life lesson I take from this is to always remain humble and friendly. People around you respect you more for it and as a consequence more opportunities open up to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.