The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will this be a problem for amazon?

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey
The recent Ryan Grant post on retail arb inspired me. The last few days I've been scanning stuff everywhere. I found numerous name brand products with 50+% greater margin. The problem is everything seems to be restricted. Here is the problem with restricted items, obv there is less competition and that obv leads to higher prices.

One of the main reasons I shop at amazon is because I always expect them to be the lowest price. After scanning a ton of items I realized how often this isn't true. If an item is a few $$ more on amazon it's not a big deal for me cuz I value my time more than that few $$ and I'd probably spend more on gas anyway to pick it up in store. But I'm talking about items that are 100.00 discounted to 44$ in store etc. That's worth a 10 min drive.

So as more and more things become restricted will this eventually hurt amazon?

Also after the last few days I think retail arb is prolly BS. I'll find stuff in stores 50-80% off and the buy price on amazon is still lower than that lol. I found a game that retailed for 9.80 on sale for 2.50. If I would have matched the amazon price for resale I would have lost money. I don't know where or how these people are getting products. Even if I got the game for free I still wouldn't have broke even.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Jeff Bezos eats problems and shits out 24k gold.

Jk, in all seriousness...

Amazon as a brand is not dependant on being the "cheapest" - even though many times it is - they are built upon being a TRUSTWORTHY one stop shop with amazing customer service.

I can buy a bunch of shit from random one off shops for cheaper than its sold on Amazon. Do I trust their quality, customer service, and ultimate trustworthiness as much as I do the Big A?

Not an effing chance.

And that is why Amazon continues to revolutionize industries - people trust the brand. They trust Amazon more than they trust their local retailer, bank or Pastor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.