The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why is Think & Grow Rich Considered a Classic or Must Read?

NewWorldOrder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2011
I've read Think and Grow Rich a couple of times now, and it doesn't strike as a "must-read" book like MJ's book does. So I'm curious, for those who think Think and Grow Rich is a classic, what is it about this book that makes it so great? Secondly, is there any positive thing in your life that you can trace back to Think and Grow Rich?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fellipe

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2011
I started reading it but it sounded like 'the secret' lol... And I think I got the main point which is ACTION.
I think MJ DeMarco's is enough.

A

Anon3587x

MJ's book is more of a 'What to do'

Think and Grow Rich is more of the philosophical aspect to the process.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Think and Grow Rich is more of the philosophical aspect to the process.

Yes, it's more of a belief system designed to get your working your process, and keep it working despite setbacks and failures. (It's "preprocess!")

GTC1187

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 21, 2011
Austin, TX
I absolutely despise "the secret". It is easily the worst sales training I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.

darkjediii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, DC area
It got me motivation to get started and also to keep going. Not a bible for success by any means, but you just have to absorb what's useful to you personally, and remember the key ideas so you can recall them later when it's time for those ideas to be applicable to your life. Same as other books.

I don't consider it a waste of time, it's a book that belongs in every entrepreneur's library.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
I'm currently reading it and really liking it. It was free on my iPad and the information seems useful. I do not understand why people don't like it.

darkjediii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, DC area
There's also value in it where the author spent 20 years interviewing and observing the most successful people in that generation. So the content is based on his observations of the common recurring traits and behavior of the richest men in that era.. Written from his perspective, of course.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Think and Grow Rich was one of the first books that really got me to understand that I could want something, plan for it, and just go get it.

I'm a slower learner than most, but I don't think anyone ever really taught me that simple lesson. This is why it's on my top 10.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
I am reading it now. I heard so much about it and wanted to find out myself. I am enjoying this book so far and can't really commit why. But it feels like a new change added to my life
"belief system designed to get your working your process"
I have already read MJs book twice and looking at reading it again (Yes of course, it must be my favorite and a record for reading the same book 3 times lol....honest!).

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Yes, it's more of a belief system designed to get your working your process, and keep it working despite setbacks and failures. (It's "preprocess!")

I like to combine Napolean Hill "Think and Grow Rich" and Nike Slogan "Just Do IT!" As MJ stated, TAGR is preprocess, Just Do It, is the process!

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
"Just do it" and "good enough is good enough" has gotten me through thick and thin up till now. I am a perfectionist by nature, so I need the second one to finish fast and not over-think and overdo things...

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
It's good for being what it is - a book to help put you in the right mindset for success (and what 'The Secret' is also based on). Being in the right mindset is important, but it's only one of many important things. Think and Grow Rich isn't nearly as bad as The Secret about ignoring this, but neither of them really address the fact that simply changing your mindset will not achieve anything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.