When I first started twitter, I used tips and tricks to accrue as many followers as humanly possible.
To me, it was a game really, a numbers game, where follower count = high-score.
So, I'd do all the 'mass follow' tricks to reach as many people as possible, knowing that about 20% would follow back.
Well, F*ck that.
I just unfollowed everybody on twitter.
EVERYBODY.
When you follow too many people... your feed gets overcrowded, you don't see the posts you want to see from people that you actually WANT to interact with, and you lose motivation to even post anything.
Here are some benefits I've seen from using twitter the RIGHT way:
DO NOT use it as a cold detached promotional tool/tactic.
To me, it was a game really, a numbers game, where follower count = high-score.
So, I'd do all the 'mass follow' tricks to reach as many people as possible, knowing that about 20% would follow back.
Well, F*ck that.
I just unfollowed everybody on twitter.
EVERYBODY.
When you follow too many people... your feed gets overcrowded, you don't see the posts you want to see from people that you actually WANT to interact with, and you lose motivation to even post anything.
Here are some benefits I've seen from using twitter the RIGHT way:
- I've over $5K in sales from friends/followers of people I've talked to 1on1 (like real people)
- Found valuable mastermind members
- Hired voice actors for my upcoming videogame
- Started a podcast with someone I met through twitter.
DO NOT use it as a cold detached promotional tool/tactic.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
