The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Fastlane Is Not Just About Freedom, but Happiness...

Anything related to matters of the mind

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Making an impact and satisfaction is the strongest predictor of happiness. (Having meaning and purpose!)

Throw in the research with autonomy (amounting to 50% of it) and this is why "Fastlane" is more than just about making money, fast cars, and passive income.

The results showed an clear trend: The strongest predictor of men’s happiness and well-being is their job satisfaction, by a large margin—and the strongest predictor of job satisfaction is whether men feel they are making an impact on their companies’ success.

Of course having a "job" is one of the greatest detriment to making an impact as you have little control over it. This is why when you own your own brew, you can really move the meter on the ultimate outcome... HAPPINESS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Of course having a "job" is one of the greatest detriment to making an impact as you have little control over it

So true. The ability to do what you want when you want without an outside governing force makes a huge difference to life. However we need something worthwhile to work towards otherwise life has no meaning.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Wouldn't you say that is something meaningful to work towards?

Yes indeed but where do we go once we achieve it? I had a couple of businesses on autopilot several years ago and took a year out. Built an extension at home and spent the rest of the time fishing and having days out with the kids.

But eventually we get restless and feel the need to build something else of worth. I just think it’s how we are made. Especially those with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Pat D. Rick

uhhh...42?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jun 11, 2016
This is why I hate it when so called "entrepreneurs" only talk about money or getting rich.

Yes, money is nice because it gives you freedom, but to me making a positive impact while I get there is just as much important.

It's not all about the money. Own your life. Enjoy the ups as well as the downs.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
This is what I've been saying. The Fastlane is whatever is going to let you achieve your life goals FAST.

It just so happens that entrepreneurship and wealth open up more options.

If your life goal is to become a UFC champion, then you need to be training every day and spending money on trainers, food, supplements, etc. You may only need $100K to make that happen.

If you want autonomy and freedom for a lifetime then that's a MUCH bigger goal and requires MUCH bigger actions.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Making an impact and satisfaction is the strongest predictor of happiness. (Having meaning and purpose!)

Throw in the research with autonomy (amounting to 50% of it) and this is why "Fastlane" is more than just about making money, fast cars, and passive income.

Of course having a "job" is one of the greatest detriment to making an impact as you have little control over it. This is why when you own your own brew, you can really move the meter on the ultimate outcome... HAPPINESS.

We have to see it as a way of life!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
So true.

I noticed this in all the jobs I have worked in so far. Even if they were only student jobs, on the side of studying in university.

Whenever I felt like I was actually contributing to success or doing tasks that no one other than me could do, I felt amazing.

Whenever I felt like I was being paid for nothing, I felt like shit.

I guess that if you stay in a job all your life, 20 years later, you are doing the same tasks as day one (repetitive) you will deffinetly feel you have not contributed much towards any success. I see it in many of my colleagues today.

Fastlane, as well as other interesting jobs (for me, im in a sales engineer job right now, which is also fking great), give you the opportunity to be your own boss and to prove yourself. They build your self-esteem. Those are the things that make you happy in life!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Sorry, but I'm still in love with this:

1562673768823-2.png

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I was miserable in my first job which was with a major shipping company. Very big office, impersonal atmosphere, and surrounded by lazy seat warmers.

I was one of the few who worked at a rate that I would say justified being paid. I often completed my daily tasks before lunch break and did the "carry a few sheets of paper down the corridor" thing, but tiring of that I asked if there was anything more I could help with.

The result was that I became overloaded with the work that others were too lazy to do.

I had an entrepreneurial bent, but lacked any money, so I got a much better paid junior executive job in a small company. That led to a sales job that gave me valuable experience, and finally the breakthrough! I started my own business using some of the knowledge I had gained as a salesman.

FREEDOM AT LAST. Little did I expect that it would lead me to the fastlane and HAPPINESS.

That happiness for me was not the wealth I gained, but the pleasure in succeeding at doing something that was a genuine help to my customers. I enjoyed every minute.

It's no wonder the Fastlane Forum feels so much like home.

Walter.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't comin back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

There's no place, I can be,
Since I've found Serenity.

And you can't take the sky from me.

- Firefly theme song (great TV show btw!)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.