The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why dropshipping is bullshit... (and why you should avoid it).

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Who is this MJ guy? Must of went broke dropshipping alixpress products :rofl:

I saw a video on youtube with a guy infront of a lamborghini outside a mansion saying dropshipping made him millions...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FelipeVilas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Feb 2, 2016
Spain
So, to summarize, dropshipping is bad... but can be good sometimes. It is a scam... but a legit business sometimes. Thanks! It's not confusing at all.

Jokes aside, interesting post for us to see some variations of dropshipping that might still be viable and even somewhat profitable nowadays (local suppliers, exclusivity deals).

I guess that the point we all agree is that the classic process of creating a shopify store, putting out ads for products from Alibaba that have search volume but that other 437 people are selling as well is DEAD.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Even better if you use dropshipping to deeply learn the needs of your target audience and then DESIGN a new product now that you have that INSIDERS knowledge.
Lots of people use affiliate marketing for that reason. Affiliate seems less of a headache than dropshipping really.
But...if you find the products and fulfil them from the same country - it's VERY lucrative. I know POD sellers making millions and they never touch the product.
Yes all the dropshipping talk made me think of POD. Which can be a good way to go when you're starting out.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Who is this MJ guy? Must of went broke dropshipping alixpress products :rofl:

I saw a video on youtube with a guy infront of a lamborghini outside a mansion saying dropshipping made him millions...
Ugh I'm in a woodworking group on FB. Some members there ordered from another member, and the group figured out they were dropshipping from Ali. The admin locked the thread before it got ugly.
I know lots of members on here think those sellers were being smart. But actually they're killing their name. Word will get out, even if the admins don't like the drama.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pedro Henrique

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 20, 2016
Brazil
I would learn how to make a website or an app. That's what I am doing and I think it is a good thing to make money and get well paied if you are good in the field, and you would be interacting with big project (money in the field) sometimes

qcl2768

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 2, 2020
Singapore
Do you guys reckon that an imported product from China sold on Amazon FBA is as bad as dropshipping? Im currently importing (and soon selling) a product, consisting of a combination of two generic products to form a "set", with my own logo.

But I feel this model may be a "just a bit better than dropshipping" as barrier to entry is low and control is minimal. And therefore may not be something to be in for the long haul.

The best way seems to create an own patented product, if one is to go the physical product route.

What do you guys think?

Btw, I now realize this post may come off as me trying to hijack the thread in a self centered way. It's not my intention, I mainly posted the message because I thought the FBA business model is very similar to dropshipping.
?You already answered your own question. no control, low entry.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.