The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why do stories about idea validation sound so easy sometimes?

Idea threads

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Welcome to my rant. I would appreciate some constructive feedback, if you have the spare time and feel like it.

I read some stories here, from the Tim Ferriss blog, from Noah Kagan videos/posts -I was thinking of getting that $1000/month course, I'm glad I did my homework and found the post here that talks about it-... They all go like this: "I hated that my bananas were curved so I went ahead and sent a facebook message to some friends to see if they would buy a banana straightener. Two of them ordered one, so I set up a website and within the first 48 hours I got my first sale! I grabbed the first link I found in the banana straighteners manufacturers on Google search and ordered 50. Now I make 15k/month selling banana straighteners and I'm typing this from the Philippines, drinking a Mojito."

Ever since I've read the 4-hour, RichDad, the $100 Start Up, TMF , I've understood that you have to solve a problem, fill a need. Ideally, automate it so you can exit the equation or at least work remotely. That's what I've been trying to do ever since (around 3 years now). However are those the 1% cases in which everything just flows THAT smoothly? Like Noah Kagan did this thing in which he just grabbed someone random from his blog and literally built him a business from scratch in less than a week from like, gloves for climbers. "I'm like well, F*ck me, it has to be me obviously."

Making great money is something I aspire to eventually, but right now I would be happy with just getting off the slowlane and being able to go home to Argentina and see my family. I need it so much. Everyday that goes by I realize I need it even more. And it's like this puzzle in which everybody just comes up with something that works except for me.

I have my exchange students audience, they have the means to buy things, I'm trying to fill a need...

Is there something I should change/add to this approach that you see? This post doesn't mean I'm giving up. I'm not giving up. I just need to vent a bit and have nobody to do it with. My husband is Mr.Slowlane and you guys are the only ones that are ambitious like me.

Stay hungry stay foolish *Drops mic* lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
I feel like this a lot. You aren't the only one.

I'm often amazed at what people will pay for. And also at what they won't pay for.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Welcome to my rant. I would appreciate some constructive feedback, if you have the spare time and feel like it.

I read some stories here, from the Tim Ferriss blog, from Noah Kagan videos/posts -I was thinking of getting that $1000/month course, I'm glad I did my homework and found the post here that talks about it-... They all go like this: "I hated that my bananas were curved so I went ahead and sent a facebook message to some friends to see if they would buy a banana straightener. Two of them ordered one, so I set up a website and within the first 48 hours I got my first sale! I grabbed the first link I found in the banana straighteners manufacturers on Google search and ordered 50. Now I make 15k/month selling banana straighteners and I'm typing this from the Philippines, drinking a Mojito."

Ever since I've read the 4-hour, RichDad, the $100 Start Up, TMF , I've understood that you have to solve a problem, fill a need. Ideally, automate it so you can exit the equation or at least work remotely. That's what I've been trying to do ever since (around 3 years now). However are those the 1% cases in which everything just flows THAT smoothly? Like Noah Kagan did this thing in which he just grabbed someone random from his blog and literally built him a business from scratch in less than a week from like, gloves for climbers. "I'm like well, F*ck me, it has to be me obviously."

Making great money is something I aspire to eventually, but right now I would be happy with just getting off the slowlane and being able to go home to Argentina and see my family. I need it so much. Everyday that goes by I realize I need it even more. And it's like this puzzle in which everybody just comes up with something that works except for me.

I have my exchange students audience, they have the means to buy things, I'm trying to fill a need...

Is there something I should change/add to this approach that you see? This post doesn't mean I'm giving up. I'm not giving up. I just need to vent a bit and have nobody to do it with. My husband is Mr.Slowlane and you guys are the only ones that are ambitious like me.

If you've done it before the *process* is somewhat easy. You know what steps to take, what to avoid, etc. There is still a lot of work involved, and it's not always successful, but you at least know the process. It's especially true with a platform like Amazon sales.

Where it gets a little trickier IMO is trying to do idea extraction for SaaS or something similar in an industry you have no personal knowledge in. What a lot of these guys leave out of their "anyone can do it" process is that they had a personal "in" - for instance I believe Dane Maxwell's aunt was a real estate agent, so he could corner her for hours on end and "idea extract" - something he couldn't nessesarily do (or do as easily) in a 30 min. meeting with someone he had just met.

However, the bottom line is that the knowledge you need to get a "muse" business going is contained within the forum here - and if you show even the slightest action taken toward building such a business people will fall out of the woodwork here to help you.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If you've done it before the *process* is somewhat easy. You know what steps to take, what to avoid, etc. There is still a lot of work involved, and it's not always successful, but you at least know the process. It's especially true with a platform like Amazon sales.

Where it gets a little trickier IMO is trying to do idea extraction for SaaS or something similar in an industry you have no personal knowledge in. What a lot of these guys leave out of their "anyone can do it" process is that they had a personal "in" - for instance I believe Dane Maxwell's aunt was a real estate agent, so he could corner her for hours on end and "idea extract" - something he couldn't nessesarily do (or do as easily) in a 30 min. meeting with someone he had just met.

However, the bottom line is that the knowledge you need to get a "muse" business going is contained within the forum here - and if you show even the slightest action taken toward building such a business people will fall out of the woodwork here to help you.

Thank you, very good insight, it is true that people like Noah have been doing this for a while and many times. Hadn't hear someone use the word "muse" in a while :) I'll keep at it. Someone made a post about customer avatars, although I do believe I know my average customer I'll do it as an exercise to see if I can squeeze some inspiration for more pain points.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I feel like this a lot. You aren't the only one.

I'm often amazed at what people will pay for. And also at what they won't pay for.

Thanks. Glad I'm not the only one.

I'm mainly frustrated because my average customer is an exchange student that has NO expenses during their program. They will literally blow all their money on entertainment/leisure/shopping, so the fact I haven't yet been able to funnel some of their money into my income says something about me. They WILL pay for stuff. I need it to be my stuff they pay for.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Some of these guys (and gals) are selling information more than they are selling goods or services.
Yep - if you want to learn how to launch products, study their process. The ones the OP mentioned are masters at internet marketing and selling.

Also, keep in mind that the success rate is fairly low in the aggregate, whether you follow these guys/their process or not. It's just that it seems much higher because they cherry pick the top examples of success and recycle them in their marketing. You would do the same if you marketed a course :)

That doesn't mean there isn't valuable stuff to learn - just that "your results may vary" should read "these 4 examples I keep using to market this course are not reflective of the general population of purchasers...3 had some personal connections or advantages that uniquely positioned them to exploit the content in this course, and 1 genuinely started with nothing and is now at the top."

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yep - if you want to learn how to launch products, study their process. The ones the OP mentioned are masters at internet marketing and selling.

Also, keep in mind that the success rate is fairly low in the aggregate, whether you follow these guys/their process or not. It's just that it seems much higher because they cherry pick the top examples of success and recycle them in their marketing. You would do the same if you marketed a course :)

That doesn't mean there isn't valuable stuff to learn - just that "your results may vary" should read "these 4 examples I keep using to market this course are not reflective of the general population of purchasers...3 had some personal connections or advantages that uniquely positioned them to exploit the content in this course, and 1 genuinely started with nothing and is now at the top."

That makes perfect sense. Now I kinda feel like the people that watch advertisements and yell "Why am I not that fit?!". Need to remind myself more that the process exists.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
That makes perfect sense. Now I kinda feel like the people that watch advertisements and yell "Why am I not that fit?!". Need to remind myself of that more.
Knowing this, however, shouldn't stop you from trying. The learning is in the trying. Like I mentioned, if you start something and hit some road blocks, there are a ton of people here who will help.

Look at @Bila 's progress thread for an example.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Be product agnostic. I currently sell a product I couldn't care less for, but I like the paypal payment notifications.

This dude is my hero basically:
Atheist Sells Bible App For iPhone That Grosses $100,000 A Year
http://www.ibtimes.com/atheist-sells-bible-app-iphone-grosses-100000-year-1805602

Idea validation is a numbers game in the beginning: you just try it until something works. I've made landing pages/ads for a product that I didn't even have yet (customer would get a "Sold out" screen after checkout). If enough people bit - launch, if not - scrap it. Get to the point where market gives you feedback with their wallets as soon as you can, whether positive or negative, then pivot accordingly.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
The advice is valid but always remember that it will be slanted in an "attractive" way.

Remember they also need to sell their idea or product, and giving you every detail about how hard it is might not be beneficial for them.

All of those books you mentioned, the concepts are solid, but that's what you must take from them: the general lesson they are teaching you and take it from there.

For example, Noah kagan emailed some company CEO to validate his idea, he also mentioned that he personally had stopped to drink coffee with him one day also. Obviously this would be a lot harder for some "average" person to accomplish with no credibility.

However, the lesson of validating your idea cheaply as possible is a valid one, just don't assume you'll take the exact same road as the person teaching the lesson.

If you can provide more details on your audience/how you're trying to serve them, I'm sure you can get some assistance.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
They show how easy it is to sell more products to wantrepreneurs. Don't trust them.

You need to realize how incredibly hard it is to build a business.

This is like "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" or trying to find your first job where everybody wants work experience but you don't have any because nobody will hire you without it. The question is how to break this catch-22 situation.

You can build yourself from the ground up. Finding a problem and then researching that industry. This is hard and it takes time. You need to hustle through it. To even find a problem where the solution has potential is hard, because without knowing an industry you can only look at it rather superficially. But maybe this is a good thing because you can look at it from the outside and you aren't operating from "inside the box" (if you know what I mean). This depends on the situation, but I wouldn't hope for the latter too much.

Maybe you have INSIDERS knowledge about an industry because you worked there for years or you have relatives there. In this situation you can spot opportunities that regular people wouldn't spot in a 1000 years. This applies to SAAS a lot, e.g. there are very profitable sofwares for dentists out there. Could you imagine building one in your spare time? It would be very very hard, that I can tell you^^

It's very hard. If it wasn't everybody would do it. You need to have an edge.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Be product agnostic. I currently sell a product I couldn't care less for, but I like the paypal payment notifications.

This dude is my hero basically:
Atheist Sells Bible App For iPhone That Grosses $100,000 A Year
http://www.ibtimes.com/atheist-sells-bible-app-iphone-grosses-100000-year-1805602

Idea validation is a numbers game in the beginning: you just try it until something works. I've made landing pages/ads for a product that I didn't even have yet (customer would get a "Sold out" screen after checkout). If enough people bit - launch, if not - scrap it. Get to the point where market gives you feedback with their wallets as soon as you can, whether positive or negative, then pivot accordingly.
Wow, amazing. I also agree you don't have to be passionate about what the product, especially when what really interests you is "the machine" itself. I used to be part of my audience, so I believe I can relate just enough to be able to figure out what they will spend their money on.

Thanks for the insight :)

RealVentures

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 4, 2015
The advice is valid but always remember that it will be slanted in an "attractive" way.

Remember they also need to sell their idea or product, and giving you every detail about how hard it is might not be beneficial for them.

All of those books you mentioned, the concepts are solid, but that's what you must take from them: the general lesson they are teaching you and take it from there.

For example, Noah kagan emailed some company CEO to validate his idea, he also mentioned that he personally had stopped to drink coffee with him one day also. Obviously this would be a lot harder for some "average" person to accomplish with no credibility.

However, the lesson of validating your idea cheaply as possible is a valid one, just don't assume you'll take the exact same road as the person teaching the lesson.

If you can provide more details on your audience/how you're trying to serve them, I'm sure you can get some assistance.

I think using clarity.fm is a great way to achieve the "talk to a CEO" bit of this story. I believe its billed per minute so keep it short and sweet and pick someone who can give you insightful feedback.

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
Let's also look through another lens, one of failure.

The reason you know these people and their stories is because they are proud to protrude the idea of success from their failure in order for those they are marketing towards to drink the koolaid. Remember: they stand to gain from what they have to offer.

So, for every 'easy win' validation success story, how many failures preceded them? As mentioned above, the process, for them, has been refined. They are simply executing the process again with information, as @Vigilante said, an entirely separate kind of product.

Of course they will bestow upon you the false reality of every idea is a cake walk. Why else you would you buy what they are offering?

Disclaimer: this, in now way, is intended to undermine the value of what they offer. Sometimes, the process knowledge alone is worth far more than what they charge.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
You ever notice how easy professionals create meals on the cooking channel?

What happens when you follow the recipe? Something always goes wrong.

Just remember, the person you are learning from has already earned their right to do something "easily" because they've gone through the 1,000 mistakes and lessons.

They might not even be doing it to mislead you, at that point in their life, it really does seem simple and easy to them.

You have to forget how easy something sounds and just resolve to get it done. Whether its easy or hard in the beginning.

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway

Just remember, the person you are learning from has already earned their right to do something "easily" because they've gone through the 1,000 mistakes and lessons.

They might not even be doing it to mislead you, at that point in their life, it really does seem simple and easy to them.

You have to forget how easy something sounds and just resolve to get it done. Whether its easy or hard in the beginning.

What he said

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Thanks for your comment. Basically I'm trying to serve a particular niche of exchange students that live with host families. They have no expenses, come to the US to have a new experience, so pretty much all the stipend they get is blown on eating out, road trips, Lollapalooza, clothes...

This is my progress thread and what I have tried. www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/i-have-an-audience-but-not-a-product-to-sell.61915/

Last edited by a moderator:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Thank you. You are certainly right.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

You don't have a find a new need.

From my understanding, outsourcing tech support to Argentina is becoming popular (same time zone as the US). That should meet your needs, is worth looking into, and I'm sure there's a lot more.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

all the stipend they get is blown on eating out, road trips, Lollapalooza, clothes...

Are you limiting your business idea search to only this one demographic?

If so, also don't get blinded by the following on facebook if it's only around 500....that's practically nothing unless they are die hard loyal fans of yours.

Go out, talk to people, experience different areas of life, keep your ears and your eyes open.

And for my post on customer avatar - That's largely for marketing once you find a problem to solve for a market - first step is finding problems to solve :)

Look everywhere.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I went to your other thread to check out what you have done. I thought your first idea was decent and could certainly make some money, it reminded me of what Lewis Howes did with networking events. I am not sure you could truly scale the idea though.

I agree with Andrew in regards to possibly having to narrow of a focus on this one market sliver.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam

Hey Bella,

Ive read several of your posts in other threads and you seem very bright to me. You are also very kind.

I think ideas arent so important as people think, I would spend more time thinking about business models and ask myself if I could win marketshare in that industry.

And when you decide to do something have that killer instinct, let everything else fall and go for it, fight for it, let nothing hold you down.

If you dont have that killer instinct big success will be very hard. Every huge successful person I see has that look in his/her eyes, their expressions show me that they dont back down for nothing.

Its that killer instinct that makes people work alone for hours and hours when no one is looking.

PS. You also need to decide whether your husband is suitable if he isnt supportive of you. May sound harsh but without a supportive partner success will be very hard too.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
When I read your post, I can't help but feel it's too similar to the inner monolog I screamed inside my head every day two years ago.

I asked myself over and over, "why am I not getting this?"

I read an exhaustible amount of blogs and books, thinking there was some magic strategy that was going to make it happen for me.

Not just business, other things too. For example, I wasn't really good at bonding with other people. It was always a mystery to me as to why some people could look so happy being and have tons of friends, but I couldn't.

I didn't get any good answers though, because I was asking the wrong questions.

I realized I was being a sphere trying to fit into a pyramid.

Every time I tried to follow a formula that someone else laid out, I would feel my inner self denying me as if to say, "this isn't you."

Intuitively I knew myself. I knew that I was the kind of person who had to do everything his own way. But my actions were contradicting what I was already aware of. As a result, my inner self kept hitting me with a negative feedback loop.

I don't listen to the whole, "I did this and make $X a month, and so can you if you do this!" for the same reason I don't listen to the, "go to college, get a good job, retire on your savings" narrative. They just feel so artificial. Maybe some people can sell themselves to some predetermined formula, but I can't, and I don't think you can either.

Keep in mind that every blog and book you read is there to make someone else money. Young people, who are the most impressionable easily internalize something that claims to answer the void they feel inside. In today's world, we have an abundance of information, not necessarily knowledge.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to be cynical. There actually are people out there with valuable information to give. You just need to be able to recognize them. One of the reasons why I appreciate TMF as opposed to most of the garbage out there is that MJ doesn't bullshit about some one-size fits all trick. He accurately laid out the economics of a successful business, and shared his own story which was full of tremendous hardships, failures and eventual success.
If you recall though, every time he tried to follow some plan he thought would work, it failed. It wasn't until his back was against the wall and he built something amazing for the sake of building something amazing that he saw the dollars. But from what I gathered in the book, he had no idea how he was going to make money off it until sometimes after. But he had made something awesome.

I know you're full of fire and ambition, but you need to just chill right now. You need to change what you've doing. When you've followed the same path for three years and you're results haven't significantly improved, it's time for a change in strategy.

Think of something you can do really really well. Preferably something you're passionate about. You don't have to know about it right away, but for the next while ponder on it. Maybe you like playing an instrument, painting, programming, selling cars, or whatever it is. Make a commitment to it. Do a little bit every day. Not because of money. Screw the money for now. You're doing this for you.

What's going to happen when you have something amazing to offer the world? You will want to share it (hopefully you will). What do you need to share something on a grand scale so that everyone can enjoy it?

Money.

Internet connection, fuel, rental space etc. is all exchanged via the mighty coin. If you want to share something with a millions of people, it will need an influx of money in order to exist so people can enjoy it.

That's how you monetize.

I'm sure whatever you end up doing is going to be 10x more brilliant than any of these other schemes out there are. Don't let your creativity and genius be hijacked.

All in all just chill out and let your plans come to you. You've got the drive to be an entrepreneur, and you'll do it. PATIENCE!!

Sorry, I couldn't just say this in a simple sentence without going on a huge rant lol.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I am not sure you could truly scale the idea though.

My idea of scaling is taking it to more states, as this type of exchange students are in most. If I make it work in Chicago I might have some $$$ going to make it happen in more places.

I do agree that I might be beating a dead horse like @AndrewNC said. I still think I need to figure it out a bit more, because I also think there's a chance I'm not communicating the value clearly and that's why I'm not converting it into income. I always try to entertain the possibility in my mind to try to keep it open, though, and pay attention to other opportunities out there.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hey Bella,

Ive read several of your posts in other threads and you seem very bright to me. You are also very kind.

I think ideas arent so important as people think, I would spend more time thinking about business models and ask myself if I could win marketshare in that industry.

And when you decide to do something have that killer instinct, let everything else fall and go for it, fight for it, let nothing hold you down.

If you dont have that killer instinct big success will be very hard. Every huge successful person I see has that look in his/her eyes, their expressions show me that they dont back down for nothing.

Its that killer instinct that makes people work alone for hours and hours when no one is looking.

PS. You also need to decide whether your husband is suitable if he isnt supportive of you. May sound harsh but without a supportive partner success will be very hard too.

Thanks for your kind works @ThinkDifferent . Makes me glad I shared the rant with you guys, I was weary of doing it. Somebody in another post suggested another business model I'm currently looking into and that makes sense. Up to now I feel I was all over the place as well. When I moved the marketplace to facebook I could tell the problem was that I was doing it to difficult for them to sign up and use it, for example. I learnt from that, adjusted, and now I keep going. There's no competition for this market, and although I know better and think of why would a market have no competition at all, all I see is a neglected market rather than an unprofitable one. I know they have needs, I just need to find how to deliver the value/solution.

About my husband, I'm working out whether he is supportive of me or not. You know, everyone is supportive "in their way". I know he wants the best for me and he shows it daily, I've read the thread on that topic on the forum as well, many people with a fastlane mind coexist just fine with their slowlaner, because they don't get in each other's way. He just can't grasp the concepts we discuss here, his mind isn't open to it. As long as he isn't an obstacle to my goals, we are good. Maybe when I hit it he will notice the an alternative to the 9-5 IS for everyone. But I'm not concerned about being "right". If I hit it, I'd be more than happy to put in the money so he can quit the job he hates and work part-time at Barnes & Noble (that's his platonic job, he is an avid reader). Money isn't the goal for me, freedom is. You know when you crave something so badly you just can't quit, because it's like consuming you, argh. Cheesy much.

Anyway thanks for your support, as long as I have this forum I have all the support I need. :)

2QF8tWK.jpg

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
They just feel so artificial. Maybe some people can sell themselves to some predetermined formula, but I can't, and I don't think you can either

Amen to that. All this might be just so I can come up with my own formula. In fact I'm convinced there's nothing new out there on entrepreneurship right now because I've read so much I feel like completely bloated with info. Here however I found knowledge.

When you've followed the same path for three years and you're results haven't significantly improved, it's time for a change in strategy.

I definitely keep adjusting the pieces. To be honest to you and myself, there was a lot of procrastination in those three years, along with changes in my life but mostly procrastination. Lol. I'm trying to change that to get there faster.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Amen to that. All this might be just so I can come up with my own formula. In fact I'm convinced there's nothing new out there on entrepreneurship right now because I've read so much I feel like completely bloated with info. Here however I found knowledge.

There\s definitely a drawback to absorbing too much. We just have to figure out what's useful and what isn't

I definitely keep adjusting the pieces. To be honest to you and myself, there was a lot of procrastination in those three years, along with changes in my life but mostly procrastination. Lol. I'm trying to change that to get there faster.

That's understandable. Sometimes when you're starting a business, it's like you don't know where to start. You can't really be committed to working on something when you're unsure of the first step.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
Anytime I have this kind of feeling of being "wronged" by the world, what I like to do is this:

Imagine your rant, read in the angriest tone possible, by Eric Cartman

2041386107_cartman_angry_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

It makes it a lot easier to not take the negative feelings seriously because you've turned it into this over-blown caricature of a problem.

Just my 2 cents!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Anytime I have this kind of feeling of being "wronged" by the world, what I like to do is this:

Imagine your rant, read in the angriest tone possible, by Eric Cartman

2041386107_cartman_angry_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

It makes it a lot easier to not take the negative feelings seriously because you've turned it into this over-blown caricature of a problem.

Just my 2 cents!

Hahaha. This. Gotta put it in practice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!