On Friday I wanted out of the market by morning, I put in my sell order to dump all of my company stock. The order went in at close of business, and I was down another 8% or so.
Today I wanted back in the market -- I missed a 14% pop in company stock because my order won't go in until close of business.
By not allowing people to have more control over their investments, i.e. the ability to move in and out of positions in mid-day trading -- I really think 401k's just stack the deck against you. It's like playing Blackjack against the house -- You never have the advantage!
Another government institution set up to keep stupid people from losing money, and in the end it prevents smart ones from making any.....
End rant,
- Hakrjak
Today I wanted back in the market -- I missed a 14% pop in company stock because my order won't go in until close of business.
By not allowing people to have more control over their investments, i.e. the ability to move in and out of positions in mid-day trading -- I really think 401k's just stack the deck against you. It's like playing Blackjack against the house -- You never have the advantage!
Another government institution set up to keep stupid people from losing money, and in the end it prevents smart ones from making any.....
End rant,
- Hakrjak
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
