The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who are the richest people?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Jul 6, 2009
"New York

Bloom1.gif

Michael Bloomberg, 67

How'd he get so rich? After being fired from investment bank Salomon Brothers in 1981, Bloomberg used his $10 million severance package to set up his own financial software services company, eventually making him the richest man in New York—as well as one of the richest men in the world. Today closely held Bloomberg has more than 150,000 global subscribers for its eponymous terminals, which rent for $1,500 a month and up, as well as a cable network, radio station, Web site, and magazine. Bloomberg stepped down as CEO of his company when he was elected mayor of New York in 2001, and he is now making a bid for a third four-year term in office. In addition to his mayoral duties, Bloomberg, often cited as a potential presidential candidate, is an active though frequently anonymous philanthropist and has given away hundreds of millions."

Great post buddy.

I love his guys above, thanks for the post.
I think Mike Bloomberg, is a great definition if success
He has been mayor for years, makes a difference
and give away hundred of Millions of dollars away.

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS...............HE GIVES AWAY
He know how to make a change and give back!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks, Sparlin.

Enjoyed the piece.

Funny thing-- I'd be willing to bet some of the richest people are not on that list.

They own shell corps, trusts, have their RE in partnerships, LLCs, corporations, etc-- it doesn't necessarily "show up" when they run the person's name.

These folks run under the radar. Their whole MO is to control what they want, but not be conspicuous as "owners".

That's the meaning behind my signature quote: "Control Everything. Own Nothing."

Lots of power, and all the money you'd ever want.

But no one can take it from you-- b/c it's not yours!

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
^i'm confused on your statement, but very interested at the same time. Can you explain it in more detail please? lol

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Russ is right on. There are a couple of hedge fund guys who pulled 1.5 and 2 BILLION dollars respectively last year alone.

Funny how there are people with money everywhere, yet we don't really think about it until we do. Someone owns that house, that restaurant, that club, that skyscraper, that small biz over there could easily bring a mil a year...

I guess I am trying to say people think people with money are "evil, hiding somewhere and laugh at the poor working class" - that is so foreign to me now, having met some great people just like some folks here included.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Do your due diligence, Maximus.

The answers are all here, in past posts, and in other places on the web.

I've given you tons of keywords to go looking.

Have fun.

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!