The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who are the Brainiacs!?

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Congratulations, Kerry!
Your IQ score is 138

I think that I have also taken this before, but I cannot remember what I scored.

What was the answer to the number that he did not like?

I couldn't figure out the difference between 1000 and 1200.

I think the answer was 1200 because it did have an even digit (other than 0, which is nothing). Might be a long shot but that was my guess.

I can't remeber how to display the screen either...must be more of that memory thing I have going, lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I wonder how accurate these are. I've heard that we've taken these in school before, but I don't think we ever got to see our scores...weird. I'll have to take a real one some time.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I got a 135.

As a poster has said before, without a time constraint this test means nothing. I remember doing an IQ test a long time ago which had a 30 second time limit.

The questions were similar to these but you had to answer as many as you could in a minute. Believe me, that was a tough test. Even if the questions were exactly the same as this test, how many would you have gotten correct and how many questions could you have finished?

Some of these questions were so easy that I couldn't see anyone getting them wrong.

For example, the solid square / line vs. dashed square / ? - come on??? Really?

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Well, I was prepared to be all proud of myself. But considering I'm not bright enough to figure out how to post the screen shot, I'll have to concede that a 144 only makes me a good test-taker, and not a Brainiac!!

Edit: OK. I just tried again to post the screen shot, to no avail. Were I not a computer consultant (!!!!!!), I'd think it funny. But this is downright embarrassing!!!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Edit: OK. I just tried again to post the screen shot, to no avail. Were I not a computer consultant (!!!!!!), I'd think it funny. But this is downright embarrassing!!!

ctrl print screen, past into photoshop, save as jpg, attach jpg

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
As a poster has said before, without a time constraint this test means nothing. I remember doing an IQ test a long time ago which had a 30 second time limit.
Well that just hurts. Cuts right to the heart. My name is Kurt. sniff sniff I need a moment here.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
wow some real nice high scorers in here!(although with the people here I expected as much!)

although I question the test also. not for the scores alone but the intellectual types.

it says mine is insightful lingusit. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial stregnths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

While I am a good talker I am definatley not a writer lol. and I may have the stregnths of an artist but an artist I am definatly not lol. I have less artistic ability then my 5 yr old.

I wonder how it figures the types?

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
heres a link that came in the email the site sent me for another test.

http://web.tickle.com/tests/superiq/

I scored lower on this test. Maybe I am still half asleep lol. it still puts me in with words tho.

siq.jpg

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
how I add images-

I have to use function and print screen cause I am on a laptop its the insert button.

then I open paint and go to the dotted box icon, then I paste it in.
save.
upload to photobucket
paste the last code the code into the post.

Ive never had it tell me it was too big so I cant help ya there.

I hope this helps though!

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Thanks for all the pointers. My problem is that I'm a 25-yr PC veteran still trying to figure out how to use my new Mac. Maybe I'll just do it on another 'puter.

Re: the accuracy of the test. I'm not an expert. But I would say that it is fairly accurate, compared to other such tests I've taken before (both "official" and "fun" ones like this). If anything, the scores here are a bit lower. That said, I would agree with Biophase that it should be timed. Part of IQ is the speed at which one can process information in order to form a logical conclusion. Given enough time, just about anyone can eventually get the answer!

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
It has been mentioned already without a time constraint this test is meaningless.
I have done two really tough certified IQ tests in the past and can tell you that it was a lot more difficult to score 133 and 136 that I scored back then, than it was to score 140 in this test.

So, enjoy the high score but don't put your hope on it.

Good luck :jiggy:

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Oh, and for those of you wondering about the fruit question, here's their explanation:

The right answer is that option "B", grape, is least like the other four. The other 4 fruits are in a category called "stone fruits" meaning that they have an outer fleshy part which surrounds a shell (the pit or stone) with a seed inside.

In addition, all 4 of the other fruits are temperate fruits, where grapes are Mediterranean fruits. Fruits of temperate climates are almost universally borne on trees or woody shrubs or lianas. They will not grow adequately in the tropics - they need a period of cold (a chilling requirement) each year before they will flower. Whereas Mediterranean fruits are not hardy to extreme cold, as the preceding temperate fruits are, yet tolerate some frost and may have a modest chilling requirement.

Finally, all four of the other fruits grow on a tree whereas grapes grow on a vine.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Jill-

You have a Mac, so you don't need to do the photoshop polka.

Screen shots are part of the OS.

Just press the apple + shift + "4" keys, in that order, holding all of them down.

A bullseye will appear on your screen.

Move it to an upper corner, then click and drag across/down to select the entire image area you want.

As soon as you let the mouse button go, you'll hear a soft camera "click". And your desktop file will show something like "Picture 1.png". You can rename it if you wish.

This is a Portable Networks Image graphic file. It will upload (and open) in most any program.

The whole process takes about 5 seconds (10 if you rename).

(I love my Mac. :love1: )

-Russ H.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Jill-

You have a Mac, so you don't need to do the photoshop polka.

Screen shots are part of the OS.

Just press the apple + shift + "4" keys, in that order, holding all of them down.

A bullseye will appear on your screen.

Move it to an upper corner, then click and drag across/down to select the entire image area you want.

As soon as you let the mouse button go, you'll hear a soft camera "click". And your desktop file will show something like "Picture 1.png"

This is a Portable Networks Image graphic file. It will upload (and open) in most any program.

The whole process takes about 5 seconds.

(I love my Mac. :love1: )

-Russ H.

LOL. Now I understand why people drive around in Scion's with the little "apple" sticker on the back! :tiphat:

logef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Feb 19, 2008
Well I got 144 and a Visionary Philosopher in MJ's test. Then I found this website which had the answers to most of the questions and according to them the max score you can get is 144. So then I tried Carrie's test and got a 152 and a Creative Theorist. Apparently was not smart enough not to give personal info to the website. I wouldn't put much faith in it because it wasn't timed.

kingwizard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 19, 2008
Texas
Got a 118!
I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but I can still work it.
Thanks for the link MJ. :smx9:

WheelsRCool

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Aug 12, 2007
Your IQ score is 120

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Usually I am highly suspicious of these tests, I mean I know some good mathematicians who have done very poorly on such tests.

What shocked me was that the results on this test sounds exactly like me in some ways, or at least how I would like to be. Unfortunately, I had to flat guess for a few of these, so I do not know if I got those right or wrong.

I disagree that a time limit has anything to do with intelligence though for these tests. Some people might require a bit longer to solve a problem than others.

I do not view brain computer-power as having anything to do with intelligence. You might be able to solve math problems in your head very quickly, yet be a complete moron otherwise, yet you might be terrible at solving such problems in your head, but as long as you have sufficient time to work out the problems on paper or use a calculator and know how to go about solving the problems, you could be considered an engineering or financial genius, for example.

And there are different types of genius; Warren Buffet is obviously an investment genius, Einstein was a moron in certain ways, genius in others, you could be a musical genius and be terrible at conventional math, yet musical genius would imply a certain form of genius at math as music is essentially math that you can hear, you could be a chess genius and an idiot in other ways, etc...

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
WheelsRCool-

I agree that one can be a "genius" at one thing and a complete moron at others (one of my favorite sayings about myself used to be "occasionally brilliant but frequently stupid." ;)

But we're talking about traditional IQ tests, developed by Stanford Binet long long ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford-Binet_IQ_test

http://www.answers.com/topic/stanford-binet-test?cat=health

That is what these quickie tests purport to replicate.

-Russ H.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
But Russ, even Mensa doesn't ensure that one has enough common sense to do simple things like posting pictures to online fora. . .

There are clearly different kinds-o "smart"! And I arnt one. :nonod:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
This test unfortunately only proves that people will do anything for validation.

Thanks for the Mac screenshot advice Russ. I just got a MacBook and I love it!!!

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Actually, Rawr, while I agree with you to some extent. It actually has the opposite effect on me. I.e. "If I'm so darned smart, why am I still working 60 hrs/week doing stuff I hate?" type of self-loathing.

Everytime I take one of these, I'm just reminded once again that I must not be working up to my potential. Remember how Lecagy defined "Hell" at B&P?

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
Got a 130, although I'm not sure how accurate that is considering I just clicked through the boring stuff I had to read and the spatial reasoning stuff. LOl what a waste of time

MBinMT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Nov 4, 2007
Bozeman, MT
They tried to fluff up my ego by giving me a 140. If time were a determining factor, I probably would have just cleared 75, I goofed around with one of the questions for 10 minutes because it ticked me off and I had to figure out the sequece.

My guess is that you almost can't score under 100, for reasons already stated in this thread!:smx4::smx5:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.