What's new

Where Should I Register My Consulting Business?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

AustinS28

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Sep 25, 2014
Messages
297
Location
Manhattan, NY
Rep Bank
$1,440
User Power: 240%
TLDR - Question at the end of the post :)

I'm trying to expand my current business into something bigger. I have a concept I'd like to launch in my current neighborhood. I'm at the very least a year off from opening an actual brick and mortar location for the concept.

My neighborhood is going to boom in the next 1-3 years. There is a 20 billion dollar construction project projected to be be completed by 2018. The neighborhood is severely lacking in many different service businesses.

For now my goal is to leverage my network, some who know people directly involved in the current project, to promote my business so by the time construction is complete I am established and ready to serve the neighborhood.

—

Step 1 on my action plan is finalizing my concept and registering my business to authenticate it for when I speak to potential clients/partners.

—

I live in an apartment and travel to my clients for my services, in this case consulting. When filling out the DBA paper work I am asked for an address and county.

I do not know if I should use my current apartment which is in the neighborhood I’ll be doing business (chances are I may change addresses in the next 2-3 years), or use my parents address because they will be at that residence for the far foreseeable future. I however will not be doing any business in that area. I’d pick their address because it’s a stable place for me to get mail if I move, plus it may seem unprofessional to have an apartment number on a business address.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

et muph et zuas iyqidvoph wotovust, ati e tiswodif uggodi dunqepz effsitt tiswodi, sihat epf vji molit xusl ul.
neli tasi xjev iwis effsitt zua ati, djidl huuhmi neqt et zua,mm ci vsediecmi
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom