The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where Should I Register My Consulting Business?

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
TLDR - Question at the end of the post :)

I'm trying to expand my current business into something bigger. I have a concept I'd like to launch in my current neighborhood. I'm at the very least a year off from opening an actual brick and mortar location for the concept.

My neighborhood is going to boom in the next 1-3 years. There is a 20 billion dollar construction project projected to be be completed by 2018. The neighborhood is severely lacking in many different service businesses.

For now my goal is to leverage my network, some who know people directly involved in the current project, to promote my business so by the time construction is complete I am established and ready to serve the neighborhood.

Step 1 on my action plan is finalizing my concept and registering my business to authenticate it for when I speak to potential clients/partners.

I live in an apartment and travel to my clients for my services, in this case consulting. When filling out the DBA paper work I am asked for an address and county.

I do not know if I should use my current apartment which is in the neighborhood I’ll be doing business (chances are I may change addresses in the next 2-3 years), or use my parents address because they will be at that residence for the far foreseeable future. I however will not be doing any business in that area. I’d pick their address because it’s a stable place for me to get mail if I move, plus it may seem unprofessional to have an apartment number on a business address.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser141

as long as your expecting visitors, use a serviced office company address service, regus and the likes work ok.
make sure what ever address you use, check google maps as you,ll be traceable

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.