The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where/how do you guys get your websites done?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Erjon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 14, 2022
Hello there, kinda new here, so apologies in advance if im doing anything wrong.

So i was doing a quick research on the web, and it states that "In the third quarter of 2021, 356,000 new businesses were formed in the United States" , and "At the start of 2021 there were 5.5 million small businesses (with 0 to 49 employees), 99.2% of the total business." In addition, " There are 26,905 Web Design Services businesses in the US as of 2022, a decline of -2.8% from 2021."

So, as a web developer, the question arises, how can I help this business built a website? I've tried everything from cold calling, to google ads and social media ads.

I currently live outside of the US, in a place where the cost of living is really lower than in the states, which would put me in a position to offer extremely affordable prices for very well developed websites. So it would be a win-win for both parties.

Do you have any ideas how to go about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Hi, this may be interesting to you, it costs $0: Amazon.com

It's by @Fox from the forum, who also has threads on this topic, not sure which one is most current.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'd focus on improving existing tools for building websites. There are many unfulfilled needs for people who use WordPress, Squarespace, Carrd, and other similar solutions. Make it easier for them to use these tools and IMO it's a more Fastlane path than exchanging your time for money creating websites for those businesses.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So, as a web developer, the question arises, how can I help this business built a website? I've tried everything from cold calling, to google ads and social media ads.

Hey, welcome to the forum @Erjon.

There are quite a few people here who sell/have sold websites, so there will be a lot of content around that should help.

Here is a thread I started a few years back that might help:

But the short version is you need to learn some basic skills and then use those to help people solve real business problems. Design by itself isn't so sellable - but if you can learn to solve problems, then you are well on the way.

If you have any specific questions just post them up and tag me in - hope that helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.