sangisinacoma
PARKED
- Joined
- Jan 5, 2023
- Messages
- 1
Rep Bank
$40
$40
Hi all- I am looking to acquire existing small businesses in my local area (ei. gas stations & laundromats, car washes) and I am new to the game. While I am currently working with SCORE & the SBA to get up to speed in learning how to evaluate and operate these businesses, I am still a novice to the world of entrepreneurship. That being said, this is a route that I am serious about pursuing but seems incredibly risky for my first venture considering I have no direction in the event that something happens. My thought is that if I can do a deal with a local investor (I have one in mind) that it would allow me to learn the business and also share in the profits so that I can continue on in my journey to do this for myself. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can find a partner or majority equity investor?
My thoughts were the following:
1- Contact local SBA lenders
2- Local entrepreneur groups (I cannot find any in Boston)
3- Cold call similar businesses and see if the owner wants to expand
4- Family/ friend network (not really an option)
Any other ideas?
My thoughts were the following:
1- Contact local SBA lenders
2- Local entrepreneur groups (I cannot find any in Boston)
3- Cold call similar businesses and see if the owner wants to expand
4- Family/ friend network (not really an option)
Any other ideas?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

