The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

where do i find a mentor?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Ben_HB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 15, 2023
Canada, British columbia, Abbotsford
where can I find, not only a mentor but a good mentor, I am of the mindset that eventually I will be wealthy and i will succeed it's just an amount of time and failures before I get there, but a lot of sources say to find a good mentor, where should I find mine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I am of the mindset that eventually I will be wealthy and i will succeed it's just an amount of time and failures before I get there
Neither the passage of time nor failure lead to success. Quite the contrary.

"The more you fail the more you learn" is good advice if you are immortal. For the rest of us with limited lifespans, we better learn from other's mistakes.

Rörik

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 26, 2022
My advice is my plan - I have not succeeded so you can just use to as food for thought, not solid guaranteed advice.

At its base I think just setting your goal and working towards it comes first. In my case I got a job in sales and then now two months after I started trying to build my business (at the point of getting hard proof of concept right now).

I think that you have to be able to offer the mentor some value in turn, and everyone who has nothing but hunger can offer the same thing. But if you have the hunger and drive but ALSO something you're working on, then you have something specific to offer them.

I would count the cofounders at my sales company as my mentors, they teach me sales, and I work for them. I offer them value which makes it so that them mentoring me is key to helping themselves, win-win.

The next mentor I'm seeking, I'm trying to secure good services with one of his companies, but also since I know he's obsessed with horse racing I was going to get a completely unique one of a kind rare souvenir from that world to offer him, and finally if those two are not enough I will offer him percentages in the company I want him to mentor me for.

I think ultimately you get a mentor like you get customers, you try to provide value and make sure that their success and self-interest is aligned with yours. So that the way they get ahead is by helping you.

Alex Will-Bet

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jan 10, 2022
where can I find, not only a mentor but a good mentor, I am of the mindset that eventually I will be wealthy and i will succeed it's just an amount of time and failures before I get there, but a lot of sources say to find a good mentor, where should I find mine?
What exactly are you looking for in a mentor?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.