The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do I buy designer clothes surplus stocks?

Arnie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 17, 2018
Denmark
Ahoy Fastlaners!

Do any of you guys know where I can find designer clothes surplus stocks, like from older collections, should I contact the companies directly or would that be a long shot?
When I say designer clothes I mean brands like Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Armani and so on.

Hope someone can help me out on this one :)
Best regards,
Arnie

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
by surplus do you mean something similar to clearance? designer clothes usually are very limited in order to justify the expensive prices, so I doubt they'd have a surplus or too much. but there are some that don't sell well. I know that you can buy some cheap(er) designer clothes on sites like these:

https://www.barneyswarehouse.com/category/clearance
Clearance Sale | BLUEFLY
designer clearance

not sure if it's what you're looking for but it's where i would start

Arnie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 17, 2018
Denmark
by surplus do you mean something similar to clearance? designer clothes usually are very limited in order to justify the expensive prices, so I doubt they'd have a surplus or too much. but there are some that don't sell well. I know that you can buy some cheap(er) designer clothes on sites like these:

https://www.barneyswarehouse.com/category/clearance
Clearance Sale | BLUEFLY
designer clearance

not sure if it's what you're looking for but it's where i would start

My idea kinda came from finding a website that only sold 50%+ off designer clothes, they don't sell full price at all. So I was wondering where they get the clothes so cheap, since it doesn't seem like they are having a clearance sale, as the clothes have never been full price on the site.

So I was wondering where they got the older collections, at so affordable prices, from - designer companies themselves or elsewhere.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
My idea kinda came from finding a website that only sold 50%+ off designer clothes, they don't sell full price at all. So I was wondering where they get the clothes so cheap, since it doesn't seem like they are having a clearance sale, as the clothes have never been full price on the site.

So I was wondering where they got the older collections, at so affordable prices, from - designer companies themselves or elsewhere.
Might it be possible that it only seems as if they are cheaper? Perhaps the full price is set when calculating VAT or shipping costs?
Maybe these are knockoffs?

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arnie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 17, 2018
Denmark
I just read their website that they buy 1-2 year old lots of goods from their "partners", and therefore gets a a favorable price.
Not sure if it's from the designer company directly or from other retail stores - wouldn't make much sense for another retail store to wholesale instead of selling cheaper themselves, I guess.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hey, not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I found this:

About | Joor

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

My guess is that they are selling fakes. Do they provide a street address? In what country is the website hosted? Is it a country that strictly enforces IP rights?

I have seen countless sites selling big name products at heavily discounted prices. In every case they are illegally selling counterfeits. There are thousands of these sites. Recently I have found that many are located in Russia because of the huge success of a Russian selling a course on dropshipping.

He openly boasts about his immunity from prosecution or litigation by the brand owner. He operates his own illegal business selling products using stolen IP, and to sell his course he points people to it to show how much he is making.

Be very cautious. His followers will probably actually supply the goods that are ordered by people who don't care about the legalities, but a large number of sites offering brand names at bargain prices just take your money and never send anything.

NOTE. Such scammers and criminals stealing IP from successful brands operate in other countries, not only Russia.

Walter

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
I just read their website that they buy 1-2 year old lots of goods from their "partners", and therefore gets a a favorable price.
Not sure if it's from the designer company directly or from other retail stores - wouldn't make much sense for another retail store to wholesale instead of selling cheaper themselves, I guess.
I have some experience in this field and a lot of companies selling luxury clothing at discounts have bought from retail rather than the designer.

Two great examples of this would be Nordstrom Rack and TJMaxx. Nordstrom Rack is the off-season store which receives all of the clothes that didn't sell in Nordstrom. TJMaxx buys in bulk clothes which couldn't sell in previous seasons in other stores.

This happens because A) the designers ideally don't want their clothes in these stores and therefore plan to never sell directly to them B) stores like Nordstrom, Barneys avoid sales at all costs because customers become accustomed to sales and wait to shop til then which tarnishes your customer base.

This is a very tough industry, especially given there are bulk sale sites where a company will buy 5,000 of an item once 5,000 customers pre-pay upfront etc. so that everyone gets a great price and the purchaser makes a profit - this is the way to succeed in this space.

If you really want to buy surplus designer clothes you need to contact retailers. The designers rarely have surplus, almost never. They make to order thousands of units at a time for their retail partners and most designers have very little direct sales presence and therefore have little stock which could even become surplus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.