The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where can I find grandmoms?

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I have been getting a little stressed out with the real business that I am working on so I decided have some fun with this one. I just purchased askagrandmom.com -- It will be a question and answer site between the user and grandmoms! I'll probably just mock it up real quick and outsource it to Pakistan so I don't lose focus on my current stuff.

But anyway, I didn't really think this through before I purchased the domain. I thought of it, laughed, then pressed the buy button. Does anybody know where I can find some grandmoms for when the time comes? Are there any grandmom forums out there?

Even though I am looking at this as a joke I think there is potential. Afterall, the population is getting older and those who get older seem to be getting better with technology.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I think there is a site that hires grandparents as babysitters maybe that will give you some ideas.

Not sure if it makes sense to put in any effort on a business you just happen to have the domain name for. Is that cart before the horse or do you have it all figured out such as a need to solve, the solution to that need, how to reach those people for free or next to free etc?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Deleted.

Best of luck with whatever you do with the site, fun, business not business.

Take care

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Deleted.

Best of luck with whatever you do with the site, fun, business not business.

Take care

Thank you. Expect to see it in the next 50 years when grandmoms can actually type.

{tried to delete one post and now both are gone}

JDIII2007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 10, 2012
I have been getting a little stressed out with the real business that I am working on so I decided have some fun with this one. I just purchased askagrandmom.com -- It will be a question and answer site between the user and grandmoms! I'll probably just mock it up real quick and outsource it to Pakistan so I don't lose focus on my current stuff.

But anyway, I didn't really think this through before I purchased the domain. I thought of it, laughed, then pressed the buy button. Does anybody know where I can find some grandmoms for when the time comes? Are there any grandmom forums out there?

Even though I am looking at this as a joke I think there is potential. Afterall, the population is getting older and those who get older seem to be getting better with technology.
If you are trying to reach grandmothers, I would look beyond the online world. Of course, you could use something like facebook or go to popular baby boomer sites. However, I think you may get better results by thinking more offline and seek out grandmothers where they congregate. For example, you could put up fliers or contact church groups in certain areas. You could also contact local library services to see when they offer computer services. If you want to stay online, I would also attack it by looking at the common interests of grandmas. This could be things like scrapbooking, cooking, sewing, bridge, etc. Basically, look at those sources online or locally to find other possible leads. Also, you could contact the grandmas that are listed on this site: Rent a Grandma | Hire Nannies, Child and Pet Care Jobs. I believe I even saw this one advertised on that business sharktank show.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
There are grandmoms in their late 30's, (teenage mom of a teenage mom), so I would hit the pinterest, and facebook communities. Also, find parents that think their parents would be good at doing what you are suggesting, this age of the job market has taken a beating and their are a lot of talented people on the sidelines right now.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
There are grandmoms in their late 30's, (teenage mom of a teenage mom), so I would hit the pinterest, and facebook communities. Also, find parents that think their parents would be good at doing what you are suggesting, this age of the job market has taken a beating and their are a lot of talented people on the sidelines right now.

Thanks! If I ever develop this thing that I will keep this all in mind. Great idea!

If you are trying to reach grandmothers, I would look beyond the online world. Of course, you could use something like facebook or go to popular baby boomer sites. However, I think you may get better results by thinking more offline and seek out grandmothers where they congregate. For example, you could put up fliers or contact church groups in certain areas. You could also contact local library services to see when they offer computer services. If you want to stay online, I would also attack it by looking at the common interests of grandmas. This could be things like scrapbooking, cooking, sewing, bridge, etc. Basically, look at those sources online or locally to find other possible leads. Also, you could contact the grandmas that are listed on this site: Rent a Grandma | Hire Nannies, Child and Pet Care Jobs. I believe I even saw this one advertised on that business sharktank show.

Thank you. I think that I saw that sharktank episode. That is probably what put the idea in my head. I don't really see myself doing anything with this domain now that I really think about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.