The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When will residential real estate market pick/ steady up?

Entrepreneur

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 4, 2010
Hi everyone,

Just trying to gain perspective here - :coco:

When do you think the residential real estate market will pick up across larger USA?
What are the indicators of a rise?

I know Manhattan market is steadying, but still very slow and still very much a buyer's market there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

C9Consulting

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jul 4, 2010
It will be less than five years. To see highs like before probably won't happen again. If you remember, back then people who didn't deserve half a million dollars in mortgages, were getting them. With the new financial regulations of everything...people who aren't qualified to buy a house won't be buying one.

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
While there are a slew of variables involved, perhaps one of the bigger ones, IMO, would be unemployment. Not only does this directly effect people out of work, but even people who are employed may think twice before making such a huge purchase (knowing they may be a step or two away from being unemployed themselves).

Forza

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Mar 14, 2008
Robert Campbell has a few ideas on timing the market. His method, plus keeping an eye on stock indexes like the Dow and SP500 could tell you with some certainty when to get in and out, or change strategies.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I have seen a little rise in Southern California, BUT Cash is king right now some R.E. investors are cleaning up right now. I would guess 1-2 more years

You're right. I have a friend who is a long time REI (owns a shopping center, among other things). He's been buying up SFHs left and right for 20-30¢ on the dollar, and flipping them for 40¢*on the dollar (*2006 dollars).

He's done about a dozen homes in the last 10 months, and is getting 40% ROI this year.

-Russ H.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Your not going to see prices like they were at the peak for probably 10-15 years. But I do see the market returning to what is really a normal healthy market in 2-5 years.

Naturaly their will be quite a large variation depending on where you live. I think my market is 2-3 years out, some markets that were harder hit like FL are well who knows.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
It really is anyone's guess, but NoMoneyDown is correct. Employment is key. I am seeing local markets emerge again with their own trends. The nation went macro scale for a few years, but now its time to focus on local markets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.