The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When was the last time...

When was the last time you went to McDonalds?

• This week

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • This month

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Last 3 months

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Last 6 months

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Last 12 months

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • It's been years

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
... you went to McDonalds for something other than coffee?

Just kinda curious.

It's been years for me.

Interesting article on how the franchisees are getting tired of the "throw something against the wall and maybe it will stick" -- The Chipolte affect and the demand for a better quality of food is taking its toll, some calling it a depression.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-franchisees-brand-deep-depression-160253843.html

If I had kids, they'd never see the inside of a McDonalds.

And yet, MCD (stock) is near it's 52 high.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
From the report, "I think our leadership is headed in teh right direction," one wrote. "It will take time."

What's worse? McDonald's food or Yahoo's editorial staff?

Austin Barton

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2015
... you went to McDonalds for something other than coffee?

Just kinda curious.

It's been years for me.

Interesting article on how the franchisees are getting tired of the "throw something against the wall and maybe it will stick" -- The Chipolte affect and the demand for a better quality of food is taking its toll, some calling it a depression.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-franchisees-brand-deep-depression-160253843.html

And yet, MCD (stock) is near it's 52 high.

I used to go to Mc Donald's maybe a couple times a week now its been about a month. I've started to workout and i'm not out of shape as much as i just want to get more toned and muscular. I've realized Mc Donald's is just terrible. really any fast food but i feel like Mc Donald's just tops all of them. Never going back.

Nicko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Oct 14, 2015
Australia
I haven't been in years myself. Reminds me of the old joke (which I hope is OK to post):

"What have McDonalds and masturbation got in common" ?

"They both seem like a good idea at the time, but you always feel lousy afterwards"

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My kid was sick this week. There was only one thing I knew she would eat... a McDonalds cheeseburger (hold the mustard, hold the onions). I was right.

However, before you commies call child protection on me, last night she had spinich and green apple juice from the Vitamix. So, redemption.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My kid was sick this week. There was only one thing I knew she would eat... a McDonalds cheeseburger (hold the mustard, hold the onions). I was right.

However, before you commies call child protection on me, last night she had spinich and green apple juice from the Vitamix. So, redemption.

I always seem to find a McDonalds when I'm traveling. It's usually 1 of 3-4 choices just off the highway. Last time it was up in Tuba City, AZ.

Last edited:

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
"Sweet dollar tea from McDonald's...

I drink that." - Supa Hot Fire

I actually did get that (sweet tea) the last time I went.

Anyways, this semester I started eating at McDonal'ds (burgers) once in a while to get quick meals (snacks really). Before that...

I never ate at McDonald's much.

If I really wanted to remember, I'm taken back to the 1990s and I was getting happy meals, haha.

SDTFMIDT.jpg

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Back to the thread at hand...

McDonald's is suffering from it's success. It's been known for so long as a fast food place

Anyways, the one thing McDonald's has that's good is the breakfast McMuffin. The Eat This, Not That explained why if you're out, it's the best choice if you need fast food.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I think their move to go to breakfast all day might yield amazing, surprising results.

If I was going to get ANYTHING there, it would probably be a Sausage Egg McMuffin. All 10,000 calories worth.

I think it might create a surprising result when they take their arguably best synthetic "food" and make it available when ever where ever.

I would not be surprised to see them post ridiculously great results next quarter (pounder.)

Disobey

following breadcrumbs
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Feb 18, 2014
Luxembourg
It's been years since I last set foot in a mcdonalds and it was only because I worked there.

Never because I needed food.

I might go back the day they'll manage to sell decent burgers or somehting that actually look like those on the ads.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I haven't been to McDolan's in a long while, at least for a meal. May have been an early morning pick-me-up after an evening of binge drinking, but that's it for me.

I don't see what the problem is with fast food. I know a guy (strong outlier/exception to the rule/etcetera) that eats McDolan's for breakfast a few days a week. But of course, he's heavily into bodybuilding, counts his macros, and is sub 10% bodyfat.

The 'food' isn't the problem, it's the people.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
First time since I've been back in the U.S. was this week.

Although I've been lifting a lot and needed some calories. 3 Chicken sandwiches might not count... or does it? Not the healthiest choice but I was feeling a little desperate :p

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
Once my 2YO has been in. On a roadtrip, hungry, and it was that or KFC. My wife was amazed how fast he ate the burger. I pointed out McDonald's cheeseburgers have decades and tens of million$ put in to making sure that burger is perfect in every way for a little kid.

I was starving after the gym recently and in our small town it's that or Subway. I actually got about halfway there and turned around figuring it was better not to eat at all...

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
I would say I eat there less than once per year. If i am going to eat a cheat meal I'm sure as heck not wasting it on Mcdonalds.

I will say their "milkshakes" are pretty incredible if you enjoy ingesting 160g of sugar and 900 calories in 10 minutes or less.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I had a Sausage Egg McMuffin last week because I wanted to know how it felt to finally eat McDonald's breakfast at night. There's something about the McMuffin that just tastes incredible.

It was glorious, but I think I'll stick to my Chipotle routine. There's something about fresh food that just feels better. On top of that, the employees give me free guac because I go there way too often.

Some of the Chipotle secret items are pretty good. http://hackthemenu.com/chipotle/secret-menu/

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
1978 for me. Now, just the smell of fast food makes my want to puke. Well, I did visit once around 2001. Back when I was going through my mid-life crisis phase (bungalow on the beach stocked with pole dancers - its in another thread somewhere). Pole dancers love McDonalds, so being a gentlemen I held my breath and obliged. Caused quite a stir. I was a novice so I went through the drive-through the wrong way in a Hummer packed with bikini-clad young ladies that could have been my daughters. Then tried to pay with my American Express. Looking back, its kinda funny, but they threatened to call the cops.

Cheers,
O-2

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA

LOL. My sister SWORE she would never feed her child McDonalds, and I think I just saw a picture of my niece munching on some fries from the Golden Arches the other day... haha.

Especially when traveling with kids, McDonalds is generally very predictable and offers the same quality (or lack thereof, depending on perspective) no matter the location. It comes in handy for me every once in a while - but it is definitely NOT a regular thing to eat.

We might go once a month or so, more when we are traveling out of state.

My kids eat plenty of great food, as my husband is a chef (and I'm pretty handy in the kitchen myself), so I don't feel too guilty when they do have fast food.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha ha, well McDonald's was actually my refuge before I came to the Netherlands. My son and me would go there, because it was around the block and it was a small town and no where else to go at night when we wanted to get away from the Negative person. Mostly just to waste time and get out of the drama. Not to mention he had a stack of free coupons from Robotics and we at free food. When my son was a toddler he always liked playing in the play land. Youth Group and Young Life always took us there afterwards to hang out. Dates always took you there, because it was cheap in high school and college.

Now since I've been to Netherlands I've only been there four or five times in two years. Once in France, and it was expensive. The other two times in Germany, when we went to the Christmas Market, and the last time through the drive through the last month in the Netherlands. lol And I have to say it tastes different in every country, and I must be used to the American version. The buns are different that's for sure. I don't like it much here. It's not even like the same products. And one of them I know had beer. Maybe that was in Amsterdam, I don't remember.

And I laugh, because I wake up sometimes from dreams of me being at McDonald's. Who has dreams about that? One of them I was in Ohio talking to some businessman. Another one I had a new car with a trunk of cheeseburgers. The last one, I was talking to my son. I think I've spent to much time there. Yes, McDonald's was always there for some reason.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I always seem to find a McDonalds when I'm traveling. It's usually 1 of 3-4 choices just off the highway. Last time it was up in Tuba City, AZ.

Yep, this. On long range car pickups I sometimes find myself driving at midnight on a weekday and that's what's open. When it's not a necessity, I eat there maybe once every 1-1.5 years. I always feel awful when I finish. Always.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I have kids, and sometimes its just so easy to take them to McD's...its air conditioned, the play place is nice, and the fries are good.

Chipotle needs to have a play place. ... But then, my kids don't like Chipotle. At all.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am one of the only people I have ever heard of that hates chipotle

Sehcill

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Aug 19, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
The McRib is the only reason I would ever go there. I don't care if it's ground up kangaroo pouch and squirrel claws.... it's saucy deliciousness.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I think their move to go to breakfast all day might yield amazing, surprising results.
I read today from somewhere (don't remember source) that the breakfast all day was increasing wait times for customers and decreased average order amount. While people may like it the all day breakfast may have bad results on the bottom line.

I used to eat it about every other week when I was on the road. Some places it was the only food available. I haven't had it in probably 4-5 months now and don't miss it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
) that the breakfast all day was increasing wait times for customers and decreased average order amount. While people may like it the all day breakfast may have bad results on the bottom line.

Definitely will be interesting to see! I find the McDonalds saga and how they handle/react the shifts in culture, tastes, to be fascinating.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
Meh, nothing wrong with it once a month or so. provided you hit appropriate macro nutrient and micro nutrient requirements daily.

saying that....if you are going to eat fast food, at least do it properly and go fat burger instead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.