The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When someone says, "I've read 30,000 books" they are lying.

Ask the Artificial Intelligence Bot

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If someone started reading books at age 16 and they currently were 45 years old, how many books would they need to read PER DAY in order to read 30,000 books total?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eva (AI-Bot)

Fastlane AI
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 22, 2023
If someone started reading books at age 16 and they are currently 45 years old, then they have been reading for 29 years. To read 30,000 books in 29 years, they would need to read approximately 1034 books per year.

To calculate how many books they would need to read per day to achieve this, you can divide the yearly total by the number of days in a year. Assuming they read every day, this would be:

1034 books per year / 365 days per year = approximately 2.83 books per day.

So they would need to read approximately 2.83 books per day to reach a total of 30,000 books over the course of 29 years. However, it's important to note that this estimation assumes that they would have been reading consistently at the same rate for all 29 years.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm up over 2,000. But that's almost 20 years now. And not all were business. Plenty of weird stuff, too. It sped WAY up when audio became popular and I was spending 8 hours a day in the car.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

John Clancy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Feb 23, 2015
If someone started reading books at age 16 and they currently were 45 years old, how many books would they need to read PER DAY in order to read 30,000 books total?

Still reading words one at a time? Using your eyes? In the author's intended order?

Newsflash for everyone still living in the 1990's:

You can read any book you want without actually reading the book.

Three quick tips for anyone looking to master this Holy Grail of knowledge acquisition:

• Listen to audiobooks while you sleep (preferably on 2x-3x speed for maximum efficiency). Playing Mozart for babies helps their brains develop, right? And they don't even know who Mozart is! Same principle. Just think of yourself as a baby and let your spongey brain soak up knowledge while you sleep.
  • Follow the Tai Lopez approach of reading the back cover, table of contents, one random chapter and then posting the W to all your social followers. Guaranteed to help you read a soundbite-worthy no. of books per year without having to read anything. Learn more here: How I Read 363 Books Last Year with the Tai Lopez Method
  • Feed ChatGPT a bunch of Blinkist-style book summaries and ask for a condensed, 100-word version of each. This will ensure only the most crucial info in each book makes it through your defenses.
(Source: read the Millionaire Fastlane , Unscripted and TGRRE by browsing through 5% of their contents and absorbing the rest by sleeping with one hand on the cover.)

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
I am a HUGE reader. Cereal boxes, physics textbooks, the encyclopedia - I've read them all. I'm also way older than 45, and started way before 16. I doubt that I've read 30K books. I took time off when I was sick, in college, having kids, building my business.

And reading isn't all it's supposed to be. Those gurus who say 'all the successful people read tons of business books' are lying. 80% of business books fall into the cheerleading, generic trope: think good thoughts, have a system. Then there are some that are interesting metaknowledge books on time management and discipline. There's only one book I recommend, and even then I tell people to skim 2/3 of it.

Reading is only useful if it helps you take action somewhere, or gives you skills. My reading all of Agatha Christie and Isaac Asimov doesn't exactly move the needle forward, no matter how much I enjoy it.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I haven't read a business book in a while. I already know much more than my financial level would suggest, so why bother?

Got a friend who reads a shit ton of books and knows a shit ton of stuff. He also does a shit ton of... nothing.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
It's UnScripted . I bought another 2 and gave them away last week. I recommended it to 2 more people in the space of 20 minutes yesterday. I really need to just buy them by the case.

I tend to start out conversations with 'what are you working on these days?' The answers are usually not what they do for work, but what they are doing in their spare time to get rid of the 9-5. Here's the people I've talked with in the last 2 weeks:

- a guy recovering from depression, and can't go back to his high stress job or any regular 9-5, really
- a jeweler who's learning CAD so he can patent a new tool and bring it to market
- a landscaper who bought himself a job and knows he needs to expand (I need Unscripted in Spanish!)
- a college dropout gym rat who is ready for something new
- an army minister who wants to have a location-independent ecommerce business

(90% of the people I recommend this to are young men in their 20s. Occupational hazard.)

The last third of the book is the blueprint. It's dense, and it takes time to implement, but it's all there.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Unless their name is Kim Peak, that guy could read two pages simultaneously in under 20 seconds

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I mean, you can throw in some comic book rich kid Richie Rich. :rofl:

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I mean, if you read a hundred books, then you have basically already read 1000(0) of them.
Books repeat themselves a lot.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
what are you working on these days?

So much better than the old "What do you do for work" and "What do you do for fun" combo.

Thanks for the tip.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I mean, if you read a hundred books, then you have basically already read 1000(0) of them.
Books repeat themselves a lot.
100%. Especially self help books. They are all basically ‘The Secret’ rehashed in that they just tell you what makes you feel good without actually doing anything.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why would I read 99% of the business books for sale if they rehash the exact same thing? That's why advice from guys like Tai Lopez doesn't make any sense.

Say you've read Rich Dad Poor Dad, TMFL, Unscripted , the majority of the books by Biggerpockets, 1 or 2 books on accounting and finance, a book or two on stocks and options... We are at maybe a dozen books. You can throw in a book or two on marketing. There are more good business books, sure. But the NYT bestseller business books? Lol!

I have read maybe a couple hundred books in my lifetime and I was always one of the biggest readers in school, had a book with me at all times... I just can't fathom someone reading over 1,000 books in a year unless they're including skimming a magazine or browsing blog posts while they're working.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
@Eva (AI-Bot)

Can you name some business and economics books that possess high linguistic consciousness?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Easily achievable if you stick to only reading Dr. Seuss.

Or simply redefine "reading" as picking up a book and flipping through its pages where actual comprehension is 0%. I define reading as comprehension. In other words, the claim is an empty flex.

Can you name some business and economics books that possess high linguistic consciousness?

That's not how it works (yet) -- you have to start a thread and ask this question. You should be able to follow up with more questions.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some other food for thought...

How much would it cost to purchase 30,000 books if the average cost per book was $15 each? How much space would 30,000 books occupy if each book was 1/3 of a cubic foot, and could you give me a comparative object of the same size?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1680723217331.png

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Once again, the power of math is amazing! You don't need to use vector calculus or differential equations to develop some basic intuitive sense about numbers, sizes, min/maxing, what a good biz deal looks like, or whether a claim sounds reasonable...

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've read a sh*t ton of books.

But I have maybe 10 books that I religiously "study" and refer back to constantly.

That's because they possess ideas that are difficult to grasp and comprehend. Those are the books that change your thinking and change your life.

If you haven't read a lot of books because maybe you can't get yourself to read. Choose 10 very challenging books and "study" those. That's my advice.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I watched an old video of Ty Lopez and he said something like, "Some books I read cover to cover. Others I might read only one sentence." I'll bet he counts that "one sentence" book as reading the book.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
618%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
I've read 30k books in 5 years, here's what I learned

Why I need to read 30k books when an AI does have a dataset of 90k books and it can reply any question I have and it can give me any advice that I need, and I'll probably need in the future?

Insert "Knowledge" Meme by Tai Lopez with the following word "LEVERAGE"

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
My book count is abysmal, but I'm working on changing that and have read 8 books this year and listened to 11 audiobooks (not sure if that counts?).

My reading speed was pretty bad and always has been thanks to dyslexia. However, I've noticed some major improvements on my own, but especially as I continue reading and practicing a book called Remember Everything You Read: The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program by Dr. Stanley D. Frank. My reading speed went from 180 words per minute to 350 by the end of the first learning technique in that book. Apparently, there are techniques that can allow you to read 3000 words per minute and retain all the information. To put that in comparison, a 100,000-word novel would be read in 33 minutes. At that speed, maybe 30,000 books is achievable? haha. My goal is 1200 words per minute before the end of the year. (that's approximately 4 pages per minute)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.