The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When selling a service to a medical facility, should I be cold calling administrators or the owners?

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Morning guys. I'm working on starting a medical service that I know from over 4 years of experience, would be very useful to nursing facilities. Just wanted to know if I should be pitching to the administrators or the owners of the facility. Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NateTheGreat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2016
I believe this would depend heavily on the service provided. Will this service be directly dealing with patients at the nursing facility? Or will you be dealing with management from an administrative side? Try to take a look at your main stakeholders and who would be the most interested in implementing your idea.

You may not need to speak to the top decision maker. You could go to a main stakeholder who would value greatly from your idea. People who will be directly "using" or benefiting from your idea will be able to provide great feedback

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
I believe this would depend heavily on the service provided. Will this service be directly dealing with patients at the nursing facility? Or will you be dealing with management from an administrative side? Try to take a look at your main stakeholders and who would be the most interested in implementing your idea.

You may not need to speak to the top decision maker. You could go to a main stakeholder who would value greatly from your idea. People who will be directly "using" or benefiting from your idea will be able to provide great feedback

Hey man, thanks for your input. The service provides a scheduling/staffing solution for the nurses in the facility. In my opinion it's the administrators and nursing supervisors that would benefit the most.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Morning guys. I'm working on starting a medical service that I know from over 4 years of experience, would be very useful to nursing facilities. Just wanted to know if I should be pitching to the administrators or the owners of the facility. Thanks in advance!

ALWAYS start top down.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Call everyone. Call the janitor. Call the receptionist.

Just keep asking people who is responsible for making the decision and you’ll be surprised how far some people will go to help you connect with the right people.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Hey bud, The administrators run and manage the buildings, but I haven't found out yet if they can just approve purchases without the permission of the facility owners.
Then you need to start not by selling but by learning. Ask some administrators to lunch, find out what their process for such a decision would be.

Chromozone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Oct 28, 2015
United Kingdom

I'm also in the health sector.

The best way to figure out how to sell and who to sell to, is by seeing how others have done it. Try to find out how the other products and services in your market get sold; look at their websites, try to dig into industry specific journals.

Another great way to figure out who to sell to is by "following the money". Where does the money from your market come from and who distributes that money / procures stuff. Often these people have agendas of their own and they won't part their cash unless you can placate them. These industries have a lot of people to please and they have a lot of vested interests, which is why things take so long to change.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.