• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

When selling a service to a medical facility, should I be cold calling administrators or the owners?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by JahvonCreamCone, Jun 19, 2018.

1. JahvonCreamCone

JahvonCreamCone Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Morning guys. I'm working on starting a medical service that I know from over 4 years of experience, would be very useful to nursing facilities. Just wanted to know if I should be pitching to the administrators or the owners of the facility. Thanks in advance!

2. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $212
    I believe this would depend heavily on the service provided. Will this service be directly dealing with patients at the nursing facility? Or will you be dealing with management from an administrative side? Try to take a look at your main stakeholders and who would be the most interested in implementing your idea.

You may not need to speak to the top decision maker. You could go to a main stakeholder who would value greatly from your idea. People who will be directly "using" or benefiting from your idea will be able to provide great feedback

3. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,953
    Who is responsible for making the decision?

4. JahvonCreamCone

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Hey man, thanks for your input. The service provides a scheduling/staffing solution for the nurses in the facility. In my opinion it's the administrators and nursing supervisors that would benefit the most.

NateTheGreat likes this.
  5. JahvonCreamCone

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Hey bud, The administrators run and manage the buildings, but I haven't found out yet if they can just approve purchases without the permission of the facility owners.

6. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $197,765
    ALWAYS start top down.

Roz and Thoelt53 like this.
  7. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $57,047
    Call everyone. Call the janitor. Call the receptionist.

Just keep asking people who is responsible for making the decision and you’ll be surprised how far some people will go to help you connect with the right people.

8. CPisHere

CPisHere Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,953
    Then you need to start not by selling but by learning. Ask some administrators to lunch, find out what their process for such a decision would be.

JahvonCreamCone likes this.
  9. JahvonCreamCone

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Great advice!, thanks man!

10. Chromozone

Chromozone Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,164
    I'm also in the health sector.

The best way to figure out how to sell and who to sell to, is by seeing how others have done it. Try to find out how the other products and services in your market get sold; look at their websites, try to dig into industry specific journals.

Another great way to figure out who to sell to is by "following the money". Where does the money from your market come from and who distributes that money / procures stuff. Often these people have agendas of their own and they won't part their cash unless you can placate them. These industries have a lot of people to please and they have a lot of vested interests, which is why things take so long to change.

JahvonCreamCone likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.